1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rurouni Kenshin

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Jack Bauer, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Jack Bauer

Ummmmmmmmm yeah. Who here watches it?

Tags:
  2. Naroc

ive decide lately to wach them i've gone tru the 25 first episode and ... well... thats much all i can say about it, exepting that its a kick ass anime and i cant wait to see the rest of it.

3. cooldark

i had watched the first and second arcs and i own them, but i have didnt watched the third one since everyone says that sucks... :cool:

4. mcmaster

ive watched through all of them. friend of mine owns them all. its a pretty badass serious, given you like samurai sword fighting. i think its a very well done anime. i would have to agree though the 3rd arced sucked. but the 1st two rocked. however if you liked this series DEFINITELY check out Samurai X trust and betrayal the movie. and also Reflections.

5. Ryu

I have the intire series, all 4 OVA's, all 4 OVA's Directors Cut and the Movie on DVD :D
    plus I'm buying the manga now^^ I have 6 vol^^ (of course I've read them all scanlated, but I have to own them, y'know?^^)

so, yeah, I'm a fangirl :D

6. ~K+

It was awesome until it went seperate ways from the manga after the Shishio arc which then grew...very lame. But ep1-62 rocked.

Favourite characters: Hajime Saitou and Soujiro

7. Kaguya

I love Rurouni Kenshin, I've seen all of the Ovas and up till the end of the Kyoto arc. I love Rurouni Kenshin its one of my favorites. My favorite character would have to be Kenshin or Soujiro.

8. ero-nin

seen of course ^) I like Kenshin makin' oro-oro face - pretty good u know ^)))

9. SasuNaru

I never really liked it, because I could never figure out if the characters were supposed to have special powers, of is the writers just cheated at lot and made it look like they did.

10. Uchicha Itachi

It's nice, i've watched all the ovas and all the series but Naruto suddenly surpassed Rurouni Kenshin! hehehe..

11. ero-nin

don't think so... they're different... Also T.m. revolution - heart of sword is still in my playlist :)

12. Shikamaru

The anime sucked. The only thing they managed to do right, was the Kyoto arc. The initial arc was terrible (even Watsuki admitted this) and the third arc was just... ugh.

The seishouen also sucked. Badly. It was just downright terrible.

Tsuiokuhen was amazing though. Probably the best made OVA ever created.

And, of course, the manga is also incredible. It was great from start to finish.

13. Aruka

i love rrk ever since!!! ^_^

14. ero-nin

by the way, guys, can u give me link to all op 'n end video cuts...
    My Kenshin is without op 'n ends that's kinda dissapointing...

15. N4rut0

I used to watch it but that was like 6-7 years ago and i Didn't know a word in English so I watched it in Portuguese :D

16. Lee

i have seen the first dvd box set and i thought it was exellant but i haven't seen anymore about so i will have to download it, go kenshin(shinta)

17. sixsteps

recently ordered the Seisouhen OVAs...hope they're good

18. sixsteps

i watched the anime like 8times over the last 6 years...thought it was great...the soundtrack was 1 of the best of its time

19. Shikamaru

Waste of money.

20. Keira

Rurouni Kenshin by far is the most slow english dubbed airing anime. In CN they almost reached to the last season but suddenly they decided not to air it anymore and now they're airing it from the beginning and only saturdays @_@

When I was around 9 years old, I already had watched the Shishio (sp?) season in a local channel in my country in spanish plus it was all uncut. ^_^

21. Jack Bauer

Yeah i thought CN ruin. Hell they ruin everything. So I decided just to watch it on torrents. But the final fight between Kenshin and Shishio was alright in english althought the japanese version was WAYYYYYy better.

22. Kyubi13

Rorouni kenshi defintely kicks some butt.Kenshin seems all innocent,then comes out and kicks your butt.i luv kenshin,and have seen episodes 1-26. also another awesome samurai anime is Samurai deeper kyo,i wish Kenshin and Demon Eyes Kyo could fight,that would kick some major butt

23. Forsaken

I only got to watch what they aired on Cartoon Network. I did like what little I saw of the Kyoto/Shishio arc. I'll have to watch the ending to that someday, since I still don't know what happened...

When RK was edited for TV Saitou's cigarette changed to a toothpick (?) and then back to a cigarette in some scenes. It was... amusing. Ah, Hajime Saitou. I was in LOVE with him... until along came Hatake Kakashi...

24. blind51de

Blah, blah, blah manga is better blah, blah.

Discounting the filler episodes, Rurouni Kenshin is probably the best samurai series there is. (Although I haven't read more than a few volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub). OVA's are excellent, manga is excellent, voice work is excellent.

It's just a shame that the Jinchu arc couldn't get animated in its proper form, it was set up (IE: The freaky long-limbed ninja who got away from Kenshin in the Betrayal episode), but not followed through.

My only faults with the series are in the Raijuuta chapters (mediocre writing), and the battles between the Kenshingumi and the fights with the Six Partners and the Four Gods (seemed way to conveiniently set-up number-wise).

25. Seta Soujiro

Or Samurai X.... nah, RK is better!
    Anyone like it? I'm a real big fan of RK, go Soujiro!!

26. Mindless

Of course I like it. Many fillers in the anime though compared to the manga. And it probably has the coolest characters in any anime I've seen so far. And among thoes are:

Hiko Seijuro (Kenshin's teacher)
    Seta Soujiro (Beeing called 'Tenken no Soujiro'* is quite cool)
    Himura Kenshin (Well, he's the main character, and who dosen't love the 'Oroooo...!')

I don't really feel like writing a huge post about why I like/love it, so I'll make it breif. I love it because of it's unrivaled story, great OVA's to go with it, one of the best soundtracks. Ah, the list goes on. That's what I think.

*NOTE: 'Tenken no Soujiro' litterally means 'Soujirou the Divine Sword/Heavenly Sword'.

27. babian

i've heard of it, but havent gotten around to seeing it...my friend says its good though..^^...and heaps of ppl (including ureselves) say its good sooo, i'll definitely watch it sumtime

28. Laiquelleion

I haven't read the manga but I liked both the OVA (samurai X) and original series very much. They both have their good qualities which separates them from the mainstream of anime. :p The series is the original and has a great story. As mentioned earlier it has many filler episodes, but I don't think that matter much since it gives the viewer a chance to get to know the characters better. Some people don't like the comical part of the series and think it brings down the total qualite of the plot. I on the other hand like the fun parts of the series as well ("oro" can crack me up some times :laugh ).

Compared to the series the OVA has a much more somber and sad tone and lacks ANY jokes.:crying Telling the story of Kenshins past and of how he became a justice protecting wanderer. The sekond part of the OVA also makes a new ending to the story about Rurouni Kenshin.The OVA has staggering animations :nuts and the plot is also very good (according to me).
    The ending part has been SOOOO flamed by reviewers and other viewers which I think is sad. They just can't accept the new ending to the plot.
    According to me the entire OVA is a masterpiece..

29. Ichigo_101

It too short =/ I wish there was more...

30. Chillin

I used to own in discussions about RK. I'm kind of rusty on my knowledge though. I have the whole series on DVD and I've read all of the manga twice, but it's been a while. And yes Seisouhen sucked ass