1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rurouni Kenshin

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by FlawlessSniper, Feb 10, 2005.

1. FlawlessSniper

Lately, i've been watching rurouni kenshin from Cartoon Network.. I realized that it originated from the manga and tried to look for it online. Anybody know where i can get rurouni kenshin manga?

P.S. - am i the only person who say Rurouni Kenshin is one the THE BEST MANGAS out there?

write what you think about this manga please

Tags:
  2. Rurouni

I know where to get it, but it'd be against the rules to post it, since it's illegal to download....

3. Musukuni

Yeah, I think Rurouni Kenshin is one of the greatest anime and mangas out there. I get my Rurouni Kenshin manga from Barnes and Noble which is a pretty big bookstore chain. There's a good chance you could find it in you local book store if they sell manga at all. If your looking to buy it online I'm not sure of a good place to get it but you could always use google and try to find a place.

4. USDF

I love Kenshin! I always watch it on Cartoon Network, and yes, I have seen several of the graphic novels at Barnes and Nobles but I had no money T_T

5. Omote Renge

Buy it, the translation is quite possibly the best translation Viz has ever done. There are 10 volumes out the last time I checked, but they come out on a monthly basis so volume 11 might have come out already.

6. blue fox

Not only that, but the anime for all practical porpouses (i.e. besides filler arcs) ends after the Shishio arc.

The manga has another arc past the shishio arc called the jinchu arc (revenge arc). This is without a dought the best part of the whole series. Extremely passionate. Even more amazing fights. Not to spoil, but the arc focus is on battosai the manslayer's deepest and darkest secret, his cross shaped scar...

...ya didnt think it was just any ol' wound...did ya? ^_^

7. Procyon

You can like get RK anywhere...Like most internet stores like amazon sell it and stuff...
    But I usually get my manga at Walden Books...Got quite the selection there...

8. korican04

9. Logpile

Kenshin is one of my favorite mangas. I get it at Barnes & Noble's. It has 1-20 at my store. But they only have 1 and 5 of Naruto. Which freakin' sucks...

10. Cinnabon

Yah I was wondering what the hell he was talking about, this site is the main distributor of illegal naruto manga downloads in the US lol.

11. Lo Gah Lok

really? which episodes??? i just finished watchin the shishio arc, and i'm up to the like, christian sword fighter arc thingy... it's borin, so i stopped watching. maybe i should just skip it and watch the other one... TELL ME!

12. BattousaiMS

erm the Jinchuu arc insnt in the Anime... IT olny appears for like a few minutes in RK Seisouhen also, so only the Manga tells the story. However, The Samurai X OVAs (the first 4), reveals the cause of that arc.

If you want the real anime get the subbed ones or the original, CN are noot good with blood scenes if you know what i mean :blink .

13. blue fox

No yeah everything after the shishio arc in the anime blows.

Go d/l the manga. Dunno where, but find a bittorrent. Cant be that hard. and for the love of god, BUY THE TRUST AND BETRAYAL OVA. Best OVA ever for any series. Dark, gruesome, and powerful.

14. Oeilvert

one question: does the part where kenshin meets the christians exist in the manga or is it a filler? as far as I know there are huge differences between the manga and the anime.
    Be sure to watch the first 4 OVAs, they are just awesome.

15. Shishou

Here is the story of how the last arc of Kenshin wasn't animated.

The anime had caught up to the Jinchuu arc, but the Jinchuu arc was not completed yet. There was high demand for more Kenshin, and they didn't want to wait for Jinchuu to be finished in the manga. So the anime decides to make up a bunch of bullshit for like 30+ episodes. By the time Jinchuu Arc was finished, Kenshin anime had lost alot of it's popularity and they never bothered to animate the final arc, that takes place after Shishio.

This arc is by far the best arc, and ties many things together. Here are some things found throughout this arc.

-Sano uses his Zanbatsu again.
    -Kaoru shows her succession technique.
    -The story of how Kenshin received his scar is revealed. (there are 4 OVAs aboot this, but this arc revolves around someone in the OVAs)
    -Someone is shown to be alive. (anime showed it as well)
    -It tells how Shishio got his battleship.
    -Iwanbou (fat pink guy) is explained.
    -People with extreme hate for Kenshin team up.
    -Aoshi makes a fighting appearance again.
    -Sano's Father/Sister/Brother are shown.
    -Sano shows his alternate/superior Futae No Kiwami.
    -Kenshin faces off against someone of his past... Someone who is insane... Someone who lives only to get revenge on Hitokiri Battousai... Someone who has spent the last 15 years, plotting this revenge... SPOILER, HIGHLIGHT-Brother-in-law, Yukishiro Enishi.-

Simply put, this arc is something anyone who likes the Kenshin series, SHOULD NOT MISS OUT ON. I remember when I first read it, I read the entire arc in one sitting. Took me many many hours, but I couldn't stop.

Shishio arc, has nothing on Jinchuu arc.

16. GreatTeacherOnizuka

i heard that there was going to be samurai x 2...is this true?????
    something about kenshins son learning his sword technique or something

17. LemonTehPing

I dunt think so coz that has been already mentioned in the OVA's! go watch it and u'll know! :wink

18. Violence Fight

yeah, its a shame we can't tell you where to find the manga online.

On a completely unrelated note: I think Link removed is really super.they have lots of hentai and collections of manga there. But like I said, this is a completely unrelated plug of a torrent site.

the Jincu arc is definately the best. It would've been nice to see it animated, but..alas.

19. Kiba-kun

Listen, no-one is going to stop you from posting links to downloads. Like the guy above hinted, Link removed has it.

However, if you consider yourself even a casual Kenshin fan, then DEFINATELY buy the viz translations. The scanslations, for once, have nothing on them. Probably the best official translation I've ever seen.

On a side note, if they can do so well on Kenshin why did they screw up Naruto so much? Such a shame.

20. kirab

Yeah, since Viz/Shonen Jump translates them, you can get all the RK volumes that have been released so far off of Viz's website. The direct link to the Rurouni Kenshin manga is Link removed They really are worth the (cheap) price. It's a very well made manga that I would recommened.

21. Inconspicuous_lurker

NO. i am also with you... IT IS THE BEST anime/manga out there. As for manga....sorry. i got hook ups with relatives in asia. don't know where else you can get it.

22. Danger cart

Okay, so I just finished the Rurouni Kenshin manga and I need more damnit! Anyway, I know that there are two chapters after the last one.
    Spoiler: possible manga spoilers
    I think ones about Yahiko, and another about Kenshin and Kaoru. I'm not too sure. I've also heard that they were called the "Kenshin Kaden".

I've looked all around, and I can't seem to find a place to download them. Directmanga.com doesn't have it, and even if they did, thier servers would probably be down anyway -_-. So can anyone help me out here?

P.S.
    Btw, I know there's another Kenshin thread up, but it's seems like it's more about the anime, so I started my own. Mods are free to do with this thread as they like.

23. Vodrake

I've found something under the name Kenshin Kaden. However the artwork looks slightly different so i'm not too sure if it's fan art or real. And it's only six pages long...
    Anyway, you can find it here:
    [/URL]

Allies
    ******​

24. Danger cart

Yeah, that's one of them. Thank you! They're real btw.

I'll keep looking for the Yahiko one.

25. Vodrake

konako

26. Danger cart

Thanks Vodrake, I'll rep you again once I spread some more around. Thanks again!

27. Kepa

but those are the ones

but even after reading those, I craved for more :(

28. Yak

yeah, I have the Kenshin Kaden at home and it`s sooo sad we don`t get more Kenshin stuff. *sniff*

29. ghostgal

Kenshin sure was great, thousands of fan sites with lotsa mp3... oh memories....

Rk was the first manga I read, A loooong time agoo.. So cool people still read it ** loved it... Yeah....

30. ItachiUchihaAnbu