1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Ryan Adams

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by mow, Jun 16, 2005.

1. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Cold Roses is among top 3 albums of the year. Hands down.

any fans?

Tags:
  2. Keramachi Fight war, not wars.

I have to say that I don't know about it... but it must be good... 'cause you started a whole thread about it.

No, seriously, I kid, I kid. But we do need a new thread that combines all of your reccomendations. It would probably cut the thread count in half though.:p

3. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

Moe's recommendations thread, eh?

A place to discuss little known gems?

Mahvelous! :thumbs

4. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

stop being mean! XD

but seriously, ryan is one of the best singer/songwriters of all time. this double disc masterpiece is just grand. I have a soft spot for double albums, they feel like kids back in kindergarten who refused to color inside the lines.
    Some of the greatest albums ever recorded in the history of rock and roll have been doubles. Blonde on Blonde, The White Album, Exile on Main Street, London Calling, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, Songs in the Key of Life, Bitches Brew, Zen Arcade, The Wall, Tommy, Electric Ladyland, and Physical Graffiti are just a few that come to mind.

Cold Roses is not only the best album Ryan Adams has ever made but it's also one of the best double albums ever recorded. That's right. Right up there with those other classics I listed above. From start to finish it is an absolute joy to listen to. It's sad, heartbroken, and alive emotionally in ways that much of today's music is afraid to be. Producer Tom Schick and the Cardinals have brought out the absolute best in Adams. He has never sounded more relaxed or at peace with who he is as an artist as he does here. All eighteen tracks are gorgeous and shimmering testaments to his talent as a songwriter.Adams is an amazingly prolific and that is an an understatement

Did I mention that Adams has two more albums scheduled to be released this year? Im in love with him and I will follow everything he makes

5. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

bump for Ryan!

I have the album if anyone is interested =]

6. explicitkarma 24601

I've actually never listened to Ryan Adams. I've only heard about him.

I'll give it a shot.

7. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

Shit, I forgot to post about Ryan months ago. My opinions on Ryan is that he's kickass.

Btw "29" leaked a few days ago and I got it. Expect pimpage!

Reminds me alot of Heartbreaker stuff. Which is good. :wink

8. Ephemeral color of a breeze

Heard of him, but haven't listened to him before. I'll like some of him. Seeing Bryan Adams this year though ^_^.