1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

S.A.G.E

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by DeepCut, May 31, 2007.

1. DeepCut Member

Here's my newest drawing project in Photoshop, S.A.G.E (Unearthly Sage).

Critiques/comments welcome (ignore teh circles and guidelines :nod)

Thanks for viewing!

Btw yes thats grass in the hands.

Tags:
  2. Skoemie Sandaime Skoemie

the legs don't fit the body (legs go straight up but the uper body seems a bit bent forword) His jawline is not insinc and the eye's have a strange shape... the hair style reminds me of Ryoshi's style so thats kinda ok...

Overall I like this sketch but there are a few minor points that need work. Don't see what I say as flaiming cause iff I say that everything is alright then you didn't know your points to improve and that would be a shame.
    For myself who ever of my friends/familie I ask they always say that my drawings look awsome like I'm a kid... and then when I post it there are no reactions cause they do not like... so al I do is give advise so you can evolve

3. Dirty Harry Active Member

The crooked posture suggests an unbalanced pose; If you drew a line down the center of his body, you'd see that his head and neck lean more towards his right. Also the arms appear too short. Either that or his torso is just really long. Generally speaking, arms go a little past the pelvis, somewhat close to the knees. Overall, it's still a nice sketch. Keep working at it.

4. zamiel art slave

thats one of the most reatrded things i've ever read.
    he gave you constructive criticism, and belive me he let out alot of mistakes in that sketch, just because he still learning doesn't mean he can't see the mistakes in other drawing and there fore point them out to help the artist, in this case you, you shuld be thanking him.

...seriously that was completly uncalled for.you just lost alot of credibility in my book.

5. DeepCut Member

I understand, and I agree it was not needed. All he wanted to do was help me, and I completely took it the wrong way for some reason:(

So with that said, new updated and fixed:

6. Shiranui Nullius in verba

yes this one is better, but one more thing his torso looks a little long you know? draw the belt up higher and you should be fine:)

7. zamiel art slave

ok here i pointed out the mistakes i see, and the basic lines that you should follow.

1- shoulders are out of joint, and make the torso look too wide.
    2- arms are too long.
    3-torso too long
    4- hips too narrow...maybe this won't be a big issue if you fix the shoulders, but still they are a tad too narrow

8. vervex Art prevails!

I have to give you that Zamiel... you rock when it comes to technical stuff :p I wouldn't be able to explain it so well !

9. Ember* Advent One

Nice pic DeepCut, and Zamiel fantastic analysis, yeah I can see the faults here, when you draw next time DeepCut try planning out your characters structure, It saves time and Its allot easier