1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Saga vs. Shaka

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Id, Dec 9, 2005.

Saga or Shaka

1. The man closest to God! - Shaka.

28 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. The man with the most terrifying cosmo power! - Saga.

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. Id The Demon of Elru

For the Saint Seiya Aficionados (Fans). Witch one these two would win in an all out match?

Saga of Gemini

Or

Shaka of Virgo

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
    Tags:
  2. k1nj3 Active Member

hmmm shaka, he can fight against 3 gold saint at once

3. TGC TGC

Yeah, I agree shaka would win this one, he's too strong. Saga would have a chance if he stopped Shaka from using ten bu hou rin, but otherwise Shaka takes this one.

4. Id The Demon of Elru

In the side story. Saga took on Old Shion, Arles, Aiolos, and Shura.

But im not sure if that counts.

5. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

One of the greatest fights in this section... Thanks Id for creating such a great fight but guys you just wait before I get back to home because right now I am in work, but when I will return i will prove that Saga is stronger even though he will barely win

6. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

Alright it's time to tell why Saga is stronger than Shaka

That's true but Shaka himself knew that he will die sooner or later, he said against 3 of the strongest Gold Saints I have no chance. Even Saga himself said that "Shaka knows he will die against us" and in this fight Saga didn't fought seriously like Shaka... He only used his Another Dimension, he didn't use all of his powers...

Well then can you tell me how Ikki survived Tenbu Horin twice ;) Ikki was able to survive because he burned his cosmo and achieved the 7th sense... Saga already owns a 7th sense

I know you guys will say that Shaka showed them the way to stop Tenbu Horin, Athena Exclamation... It's true they used this attack but not because they can't win without it, but because they wanted to honor Shaka's death and at the same time to fool Hades... Even Shion in OVA 12 says that Saga and the others gone too far to use Athena Exclamation to fool Hades. Else if it was a death-match Saga would use all his powers and would do like what Ikki did but he didn't needed to do so...

After Shaka stopped Camus & Shura's attack, you can see that Saga was standing behind Shaka without moving then after seconds he charged and used his Another Dimension... Shaka himself said that I can't be sent to Another Dimension [AGAIN] that's mean he saw the attack before. But anyway this attack will not work on Shaka, Shaka was able to return from Abyss of time and space so that's not a big problem..

Saga was stated in the special episode as the strongest gold saint, it was stated in the enemy he have the strongest cosmo, it was stated he and Aiolos were the only one to be the next Pope, Saga was better and had powers but Shion didn't chose him because there was darkness in his soul and Shion figured that out, that's why he didn't chose him...

In Episode G it was stated that the one who can control the GenRouMaouKen has reached the level of the Pope, and we all know the Pope is the strongest Saint of Athena's Saint, and yet Saga reached that level...

7. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Shaka for this one....though that might be more because I liked him better of the two.

8. Phaze1TM Aoi Owns All Of You Mortals.

They are preety Kewl But it's tgonna be a good fight.

9. Fenix Pie Vendor

I voted Shaka =\

10. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

I just wanted to ask, have you ever watched Saint Seiya Hades, if not then you should. But again as I said before Shaka vs Saga will be the 1000 day war

They are even cooler than they look in the pics ;) but people should understand them like i do

11. Id The Demon of Elru

I I like this match up myself. Saga is not to be underestimated not even by Shaka.

Shaka took all 3 gold saints including Saga.

Saga attempted to assassinate Shion while having Ailos, Shura, Arles/Ares present and succeeded - ?Side Story?

Saga has many attacks that are diverse and vary powerful at the same times.
    The ability to trap a person in another dimension, and his Demon Emperor Fist are not to be underestimated.

Galaxian Explosion-the power of an exploding galaxy or many planets.

Another Dimension- ability to warp space and time.

Guenrou-Maou-ken- Saga can hit the nervous system of his enemy,
    paralyzing the body of his opponent and finally gaining control over the enemy's mind.

5 Sense Removal- Removes 5 human Senses.

Shaka- While shaka is more of an offensive/defensive Saint.
    Khan (Shaka?s force Field) took on Excalibu, Dimandust, Galaxian Explosion at the same time! Tembu Horin
    Khan- Force Filds

Tembu Horin- essentially reduces them to living corpses

Rikudo Rinne- sends victems to one of the 6 hells

Tenma Kofuku- This an attack in which Shaka releases a large amount of his own Cosmo for destructive actions seen in Hades chapter to answer back Saga Galaxian Explosion.

Tenkuuhaja Chimmimoryo- Instantly sends/kills specters, ghost etc... to hell/death.

I think it will come down to Shaka using ?Tembu Horin?. Saga has a chance to breaking Tembu Horin with Guenrou-Maou-ken instead of Galaxian Explosion. But that?s just me and Im not sure who would be the clear winner.

I truly don?t know who would win.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  12. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

Well let me tell you again Saga wasn't fighting seriously, he didn't even attacked Shaka like Camus & Shura who immediately followed Shaka using their attacks.

To be fair Saga couldn't kill Shion in that side story...

Again this wasn't Galaxian Explosion true force and strongest one, you can tell by the effects of the attack, if it was with it's full power you will see a huge pillar of light or big explosion like he did in Episode G, in the original manga against Ikki.

Still Saga have a 7th sense, because of that he will be able to fight back, so this attack will not finish Saga but on the other hand Saga's senses removing will not work against Shaka because Shaka also have the 7th sense...

Wrong! Chimmimoryo was used against the specters and its where he summons demon from hell to attack the opponenns, but his Tenma Kofoku is the attack to counter Saga's attack...

Well if Shaka used Tenbu Horin Saga wont be able to attack or defend or runaway, but if he burned his cosmo beyond Shaka he will be able to fight back like Ikki.

Saga in episode G reached the Pope's level and this means he is the strongest of the saints beside the other popes. Shaka couldn't defeat Ikki but Saga was able to defeat him and Ikki had fainted when they were fighting infront of Athena's statue.

Saga was able to fight 5 Bronze Saints and even with their cosmos reached its climax and with the aid of Athena their attacks didn't even affect Saga, even though they achieved the 7th sense which means almost reached the Gold Saints level.

these were some of the reasons why I think Saga is stronger......

13. Id The Demon of Elru

My bad on the abilites I got them switched up. Ill fix them.

14. Id The Demon of Elru

(BTW Im defending Shaka only to find out if he is truly stronger to me their even)

Any how Shaka has an answer to everything Saga has to throw at him.
    And not only that Shaka force field, has bien seen to withstand Galaxian Explsion, and the attack of the three former saints that speaks for its self however you want to look at it.

The only opportunity I see Saga having a chance to beat Shaka, Is if in the moments Shaka uses Tembu Horin, Saga can either Do Galaxian Explosion, or Guenrou-Maou-ken. To break his Tembu Horin.

Id go with Guenrou-Maou-ken. Saga may or may not fall under mind control, but he would still be in pain due to his brain nerves being strck down. Then Saga could follow up with Gallaxian Explosion, and to be in the safe Side Throw his corps to Another Demension.

Other than that I give it to Shaka 6/10 in his favor.

As for Saga, and Shaka being pope.

I think Saga has more leader like quality on top of being one of the Three strongest. (Saga, Shaka, Aioros) for being pope.

While Shaka, would fit the role of a High Counselor (if their was a thing).

And finally I do beilve with out a doubt that if it came down to it Aioros would own both Saga and Shaka in a one on one fight.

15. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

After reading Hades Saga

9/10 Shaka

Tembu Horin followed by 5 sence removed. Even with his 7th sence hes hit alot of shit.

16. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

But your now talking about someone who was hit by Shaka's Tenbu Horin and the same Saga that was able to stop Aioria's fury (Lightning Plasma) and attacked Milo and was going to kill him... Saga does have the 7th sense so if he burned his cosmo he would be able to fight back like Ikki but now we are talking about someone who reached the level of Pope, Gemini Saga

17. zizou Invencible Iron Man

I'd say there's two moments on the series: before and after hades or if you prefer Sanctuary arc and Hades arc.
    Speaking on first arc, I'd say Saga wins. Just like Id said, Saga went against 3 gold saints and one silver saint (as powerful as a gold saint) and he was supposed to be "god" of so powerful.
    But, if we speak on the hades arc, Shaka has already the 8th sense and I'd say he wins, as he won against 3 gold saints.

18. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

I wanna know when did Shaka win against 3 Gold Saints, only one round and Shaka was tired and admit he wont be able to last longer even though Camus didn't use all of his attacks, heck Saga didn't interfere in this fight only when he used the Another Dimension and he didn't attack immediately like what he did to Seiya instead he was waiting and like giving a chance to Shaka.

Guys don't ignore Shion's words the reason why Saga and the others uses Athena Exclamation was to fool Hades and grant Shaka's wish if they really wanted to win otherwise they would have bcoz Saga can still use his powers using the 7th sense and too bad Shaka can't remove the 7th sense as far as I know :)

19. zizou Invencible Iron Man

I wonder what Saga, alone, could do to escape from that situation. He wasn't only losing his senses, but he was getting damage too and he couldn't move.

I can't remember Shion's statement right now, can you repeat it? :)

20. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

It was a bit of a strange situation.

I thought the Athena Exclamation was basicly to show Shaka what they ment, even in death a Gold Saint wouldn't use Athena Exclamation. It was the Proof needed for Shaka to accept death and Athena to also die.

But the fact that the Tembu Horin DID hold Saga, Saga and co were at full strength before the battle with Shaka began (at cancer temple) can't be ignored, and if it happened once it should happen again (even if Saga burned his Cosmo to the max i don't think it would have broke)

Btw what part did Shaka and Ikki fight?
    I've only read the Hades saga.

21. Id The Demon of Elru

Well once 3 saints ware caught in Shakas Tenbu Horin, they had no real way to escape it if not for Athena exclamation.

Vary few Saints have that kind of power.

This match is more even then most might think.

Sure Shaka took on 3 gold Saints in Hades Chapter
    But
    In Sanctuary chapter, Shaka had a hard time dealing with Aiolia by himself.

On the Other hand
    Saga in side story took on 2 Gold Saints and 1 Silver Saint. Killed of the Pope, and retreated with out revealing his identity.

Also in the Sanctuary Chapter, Saga was never defeated in combat. Shaka was taken down by Ikky when achieved his 7th sense.

But Saga took the attacks of all 5 bronze saints at the vary end of the chapter (who had achieved the 7th sense) and laughed it off as if it was nothing.

I think both are vary comparable, but Im still leaning in Shaka?s favor.

22. zizou Invencible Iron Man

Sanctuary Arc.

Actually 3 Gold Saints, since Shion was supposed to be on the same level of a Gold Saint.

23. Id The Demon of Elru

Im sure it was.

Old Shion (Former Gold)
    Shura (Gold)
    Arles (Silver Saint)

Ill come back with a link.

24. zizou Invencible Iron Man

And Aiolos :wink

25. Id The Demon of Elru

You know what? I think your right, never the less Ill look for the website that have the scans posted.smile-big

26. zizou Invencible Iron Man

Yes, please! :thumbs
    I never saw the scans, but only full text :(

27. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Any time Shaka loses, its down to PIS :)

28. zizou Invencible Iron Man

29. DarkLordDragon Well-Known Member

Zizou plz check OVA 12 for Shion's statement he tell them after he talks about Saga's true intentions...

What are you talking about? sometimes I feel u didn't see the old series? what about Ikki vs Shaka, Ikki was able to stop Shaka's Tenbu Horin and fight against Shaka using the 7th sense, now Saga and the rest they don't reach the 7th sense because they already own this sense as along with the other senses. Ikki never used Athena Exclamation

not true it's the case with Saga even though Saga was victim but Saga was never defeated by anyone but only by himself in the old series after using Athena's weapon and in the Hades nothing could stop Saga but only the time. Shaka used his powers to counter AIoria's attack while Saga without his senses and with broken surplice was able to stop Aiolia's lightning plasma very easily and he would have made him to swim in the sea of stars if Milo didn't interfere. The one ur talking about is someone who reached the level of Pope

30. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Plot Induced Stupidity

This is when someone does use there full power and ends up losing, i guess Saga also suffered from this during the Hades saga :)