1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Sage mode is so easy to learn

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by cringe lord, Aug 1, 2018.

1. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    I mean hear me out when I'm saying that learning Sage mode is easy to learn and it instantly makes you a 10x more powerful Shinobi.

you guys:

''but it's very difficult to master as only a true genius can pull it of and it's not as easy as it seems''

Okay it's harder to learn than it seems... Only a genius can master it... (your gonna hate what I say next but keep reading)

Then how did Naruto master it? I'm not doubting Naruto's capabilities here, but what I am trying to say is there is more genius ninja out there than Naruto easily that would be perfect for learning Sage mode: Kakashi, Neji, Rock Lee (yes), Gai, Orochimaru, Nagato...

All of these people, are more of of a genius than Naruto. Yes I said Rock Lee because he mastered 5th gate in the CN and Kakashi said ''you can't do that with sheer effort the boy is a genius'' so I think he can if naruto can then he can at the very least...

Sage mode makes you ridiculously more powerful so I think the power boost that Naruto received was super unfair, Shikaku said ''Naruto is a sage now huh, then it's best not to get involved as you'll just get in his way''... that just shows the difference he gained after that...

Tags:
  2. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

the toads are the only beings in naruto (until boruto) that can teach you sage mode, why would they want orochimaru to learn their most important technique?? its all about interests.

just see the reason for them to teach somebody sage mode.
    hagoromo: to save the world from kaguya
    hashirama: to save the world from madara
    jiraya: to guide naruto into the toad world and their culture
    minato: plot armor, no reason
    naruto: to save the world from pain, madara, kaguya, obito and sasuke

gamamaru predicted narutos birth like 2000 years before he was born, im sure teaching jiraya was part of his plan.

its the same as asking,
    why do rich people pay education for their kids since there are people outside their family that are way smarter that could give a better use to a harvard college degree. because they dont care about those people.

this is how the conversation will go with gamamaru.

random toad: yo gamamaru there is a kid in the grass village that could learn sage mode faster than naruto
    gamamaru: oh is that so? ok bring him here but fist aswer me something.
    random toad: ok...
    gamamaru: why in the fuck would i want to teach a mr nobody my most powerful technique?!!!
    random toad: :/

gamamaru knew naruto had something to do with hagoromos offspring, he knew he would carry the strongest bijuu, so his selection was justified.

3. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    frogs aren't the only way to learn SM from there's other animals too.
    Also imagine how powerful Kakashi would be with SM?

4. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

yeah i agree, he wouldve been a beast with sage mode. even the otsusuki were afraid when they saw a kid pull off that move on them.

5. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

tell me something pls, how do i agree with a post? how do i like them? is there a button or something like in facebook?

6. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    I wasn't able to agree, like a post when I first joined, I think there is a time limit or post count until you can rate posts. But you will notice when you can do it. Just hover over a post and you will see it in the bottom left

7. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

8. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

Naruto has the massive chakra reserves that you need to master sage mode, something those other characters you named don't have..
    :dafuq

9. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    Maybe not rock lee but definitely Gai. Rock lee was stated to be a genius by merely activating the 5th gate whilst Gai managed to unlock the 8th gate. Also SM strength benefits would go well with his gates.

10. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

Um no they can't even use ninjutsu how the hell are they gonna activate Sage Mode??

11. Plexa Well-Known Member

Okay but it's explained that in order to even begin to qualify to learn Sage Mode you need to have a massive chakra pool. Whether you think the 'be still' method is difficult or not, simply being still isn't enough to learn Sage Mode because you need to at least fulfil the prerequisites to be taught it. So immediately, characters like Kakashi who have stated that they do not have a lot of chakra, cannot learn it. Characters like Lee and Guy, who have never shown any proficiency in using their chakra to perform basic ninjutsu or genjutsu, are extremely unlikely to learn it. Even Orochimaru was stated 'not to have the right body' for Sage Mode.

Characters such as Madara, Sasuke (both of which have been shown to 'handle' Sage Mode to some effect), Nagato, etc of course have the potential to learn it, due to having large chakra reserves, but like @Sasuke Otsusuki said there was no method or basis for them to learn it, since it seems like quite a situational thing to be taught.

My own hypothesis is that being able to learn Sage Mode is similar to the chances of handling a Cursed Seal. We know from Orochimaru's and Anko's conversation that the curse mark has a 10% survival rate, and we know that Orochimaru devised the Cursed Seal from trying to make Sage power his own, and we know that he himself wasn't capable of learning Sage Mode in his current body. My theory is that the people who are not killed by being inflicted with the curse mark at least have enough chakra to begin to learn Sage Mode, but that's just conjecture.

12. cringe lord Banned

Flag:
    France
    Still sage mode is easy to learn afterall.
    Imaging if Prime Nagato learnt it he would be Madara level (no rinnegan and no kurma).

13. Djomla Jedi Master

Yeah it is. That's why so many characters chose not to learn this overpowered ability.

14. Knyght The Collector (⌐■_■)

The difficulty of learning senjutsu is three-fold: finding someone who can teach you which, as far as we know, is limited the animals of the Three Sage Regions, having the extreme chakra levels required to learn it and then surviving the process of learning without turning to stone. The first two are the main reason why so few have the opportunity to learn Sage Mode and most of those likely die trying.

15. Acnologia Dragon King

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Than go and learn it:cat

16. Maverick04 Susanoo's nose is a waste of Chakra

17. Sage of 6 niggas Active Member

"B-BUT HE LEARNED 5TH GATE AND KAKASHI SAID HE A GENIUS!!!!!"

And Naruto learned rasengan in a week, which even sanins thought was impossible. Sanins who shit all over Part 1 Kakashi.
    He also learned to mix a Chakra nature in it which neither jiraiya nor Minato were able to do so, and both of them again shit on Kakashi.

Tldr; this post is dumb :closed

18. Acnologia Dragon King

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Amazing Avatar

19. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

mmm... this is incorrect, naruto learned very complex topics through brute force, he created hundreds of shadow clones to increase the overall time of his training.

so if we were to compare kakashi and naruto regarding learning curve, naruto would seem smarter since he took for example 1 week to dominate rasengan while kakashi took a month to do it. implying that naruto is 3 - 4 times smarter than kakashi but... the difference is that narutos experience is 100 times more time than kakashi since all of the experience his shadow clones aquire is also aquired by him.

soooo no... naruto isnt better at learning than kakashi.

20. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Naruto actually had pretty incredible chakra control by the time he started learning Sage Mode. The Rasengan is a difficult jutsu by jonin standards, and the rasenshuriken was much more complicated than that. Not to mention how good he got at sustaining shadow clones. Plus Naruto had trained in using strange and powerful chakra, since he had already learned to use 3 kyuubi tails. I don't think Naruto's aptitude for chakra control would be anything less than amazing by the time he was struggling with Sage Mode.

Naruto had the most trouble in learning the sitting still and waiting part. But that's because Naruto was literally hyperactive. His willpower clashed with his troubles in concentration and nervous energy. Even if someone like Neji could have tha chakra control and concentration, they might never have been able to learn it.

There were two main barriers that would have kept out someone with concentration and chakra control, such as Kakashi or Neji.

First is the need for truly massive chakra reserves. That wouldn't stop Nagato or Kisame. But it would stop anyone without a lot of chakra by high kage standards.
    The second problem is that its a secret jutsu, protected by people connected to individuals rather than a village. People in Naruto are selective to the point of paranoia when it comes to sharing hidden jutsu. Naruto was avenging their old comrade Jiraiya in desperate circumstances. Plus Naruto had already completed the contract with the Toads, so they were willing to share with him. They might not want to risk spilling their secrets to a class full of random jonin.

21. Sage of 6 niggas Active Member

Quite irrelevant becuase Kakashi already thought it was impossible. So even if Naruto took 10 or 100 years to master it, and was able to narrow it down to a day or 2 due to shadow clone, he still surpassed Kakashi.

You also conviniently removed the rasengan learning part, which even impressed sanins.
    Naruto is not a brute, he is quite adaptive and learns fast. He learned shadow clones in few hours ffs
    Also, even when Kakashi knows how to add a nature release to a rasengan, he doesn't do it becuase he can't. Naruto is the only one to be capable of doing it.

22. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Naruto is better at learning then Kakashi because...

- Naruto can create hundreds of clones to learn faster.

- Kakashi can't.

Also Naruto only used Clones to learn nature Transformation and FRS not Rasengan.

Not to mention Kakashi thought FRS was impossible... Which makes Naruto smarter then him.

23. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

mmm..... this is my whole point, narutos learning curve isnt steeper, he just adds a lot of experience together.

imagine the following scenario:
    kakashi is given a half of the nine tails and will compete against naruto to learn a new jutsu, lets say edo tensei.
    kakashi would stomp naruto using the same brute force to learn.

but if you want to compare learners then sasuke stomps everysingle person in the history of ninjas, it only took for him a couple hours to learn 3 rinnegan abilities(god rank) while naruto took years to learn a simple S class jutsu ffs

24. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Then you should also give Kakashi Naruto's "chakra control Handicap" and "Kyuubi taking over Handicap" as well and also take his sharingan which allows him to copy.

Also Rinnegan techs are already pre installed Sasuke learning those is not a big feat.

25. Sage of 6 niggas Active Member

And your point is non existent becuase Naruto, even without clones have pulled out great feats of learning - Shadow clones and rasengan. Giving Kakashi a made up scenario doesn't help either becuase Naruto was the one who came up with a way to add element nature in rasengan, not Kakashi.
    How are you going to give Sasuke credit but not Naruto? He also was also able to mix in different nature releases of different tailed bests in his rasenshurikens. He was also able to master bijuu mode in a small time frame, he was also able to mix in sage mode with his bijuu mode in a short time frame.

Rinnegan abilities also are standard for any user, so it's not a big feat. Even obito was able to do it in a short time frame. "God rank" is also not a thing in NV, rinnegan abilities have no difficult mastery or jutsu rank.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  26. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

the reason i dont give him credit for the "mixing" is because he did all of that after aquiring rikudo power, which includes "knoledge of all things" meaning that he had perfect control and mastery over every single jutsu that was available to him. so he did not learn to fuse chakra into the rasengan he just knew how to do it as a passive of his rikudo power. so no.

so you are telling me that for example shinra tensei, an ability that show the power to destroy with ease every single S class jutsu isnt godly? how do you even rank that? shinra tensei made narutos "S" rank justu seem like a little breeze. the proportion is like comparing saradas fire ball justu to sasukes perfect susanoo strongest amaterasu arrow.

how convenient that rinnegan abilities dont have any difficulty... so then why was sasuke inexperienced? why didnt he used the rinnegan chains to end the fight in no time?? why didnt he rip narutos soul away in the first blow exchange? easy, because they take time to learn or at least master.

he was taken to an island to practice for a lot of time and he had been practicing to use kuramas chakra since he was a kid, took him years to even extract chakra from him.
    i dont believe that using sage mode on top of bijuu mode is something difficult, the problem is that in order to access sage mode you need to be completely calm, the reason he couldnt do it was because kurama wanted to take over, but when they became friends that difficulty was taken away.

and about the learning feats, wasnt he the worse at the time of cloning himself?? i dont remember clearly but didnt he practice for years to make a single clone?

27. Anza Hello

Dude they arent willing to teach the sage mode to everyone

28. Go D. Usopp Straw Hats Wanker

the question is can naruto teach sage mode to his friends? He can grab some frog oil anytime he want rly.

29. Plexa Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  30. Sage of 6 niggas Active Member

Fair enough, I guess. Though same could be said for anyone who got Sage Chakra really. Even Kakashi was able to use Perfect Susanoo, and abilities related to it, immediately after receiving EMS from Obito.

A rinnegan ability destroying an S rank jutsu doesn't make it's rank above said jutsu, what kind of fucked up logic is that? "Godly" is not a rank again, stop using it. Rinnegan IS powerful. It's a hack of NV.
    Becuase he was inexperienced...... Litrally anyone who has rinnegan can use 6 main path abilities. It however takes practice to use it efficiently (Like using several abilities in quick succession, something like this needs practice)
    No, just no. Everytime he has tried to use kurama Chakra as a kid he was overwhelmed, anything above 3 tails was literally a risk to his own life. So no he hasn't been practicing for it since he was a kid. The "practice" on the island was for Bijuu transformation, but Naruto was only able to master KCM at best. Bijuu transformation is completely different from it, becuase it works when a link is formed between jinchuriki and the beast. In short, Naruto still gets credit for it.

Becuase he wasn't motivated enough, like read the first chapter....... When he heard he can pass the test the moment he learns Multi shadow clone, he does so in few hours. A Jonin rank jutsu mind you. And there's also rasengan which you left unanswered.