1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Sai...an ally and not a bad guy?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by JayG, Nov 3, 2005.

1. JayG Konoha's Beautiful Green Beast

First off, I'd like to apologize for rhyming Sai/ally/guy :smile-big

Secondly, this is pure speculation, but I think there might be some basis to it. I recently read the "Legend of Tailed Beast" thread in Konoha Library, and I found this section interesting.

Based on this, I think most people get the impression that this Yamata no Orochi is Orochimaru (or at the very least, Orochimaru's character is based or is related to this Yamata no Orochi). The note also on the "genius of the Yagami clan" is interesting, and certainly reminds people of Sasuke. Here's where things get REALLY interesting, and I don't believe anyone has brought it up yet.

In this legend, it was said that the Yagami clan were "rivals" of the Kusanagi clan. So...what if Sai is a descendant of the Kusanagi clan? The Kusanagi clan (from whatever village they are from, if not from Konoha) wants to correct their mistake and take what is theirs back (the Kusanagi sword of Orochimaru), so they send the strongest shinobi of their clan (Sai). Obviously, sending Sai alone would be suicide. That's why they "arranged" that Sai be placed in Team Kakashi. Makes sense, since Team Kakashi is gonna go after Orochimaru, might as well join forces, right? Because of that, Tsunade gives the OK for Sai to join Team Kakashi.

Of course, this doesn't explain who the old man is, or why Sai doesn't know emotions, or why the old man said that Sai is the strongest of his/her generation (when we're assuming that Sai belongs in the same generation as the likes of Naruto, Sasuke, and Neji) but let's leave those questions for now.

Now let me further tie this in to what is going on. Here's what wikipedia said regarding the Yagami Clan (which would be the Uchiha):

Perhaps this is the "secret of the Uchiha" that Sasuke found in the shrine? That the Uchiha received help from Orochimaru (or Yamata no Orochi) in order for them to receive more power? How convenient isn't it? This time, Sasuke needs more power to avenge his clan, why not go to the guy who supposedly helped your clan achieve greater power in the past?

Anyway, back to Sai. I can't figure out why they'd need him to operate under an alias. But what is a sai? A short sword (almost dagger-like, according to wikipedia). At the same time, wikipedia describes Kusanagi as "likely to be a sword in the style of the bronze age which is typically double-edged, short and straight". You can see the similarity, so that might be why they chose "Sai" to be his name.

Finally, in chapter 281, when the old man and Sai were talking, in one of the buildings, there was a sign that says "Yamato Works". I've read in a few threads where people wonder and ask, "where is Yamato works? Is it a place in Konoha that they've shown in the past?".

Well, I don't know where Yamato Works is. But here's what I know, again, according to the legend and to wikipedia:

Hhmmm....

Tags:
  2. deathblaze Alchemy Save the Queen!

3. chauronity ビリーバット

Yamato works...
    Bleach Music FC

4. cygnus Ta Det Lungt

Yeah, i think either Sai wants to do something to someone close to Naruto or someone Naruto is going to meet rather than Naruto himself.

5. Sesqoo Good Boy

Intresting thing I'll rep you.:)

6. Uchiha__Itachi Konoha Sato Chuunin

ummm orochimaru used the sword of kusanagi not the sword of yagami :p

[edit]and Iori fights like a cat not a snake[end of edit]

7. uji-tiger Young Padawan

be it luck, be it something else, but in King of Fighters (a fighting game produced and developed by SNK-Playmore) Kyo Kusanagi uses flames in his attacks (why exactly I don't know, but eh).. Iori Yagami uses PURPLE flames in his attacks... now seeing Konoha is in the Fire Country... and Sasuke has Purple flames when he's in Cursed mode.. (and Iori too has an Orochi-mode to him)... well... it does more or less add up.

But I still don't really see what Sai has to do with the Orochi-legend. A Sai is a 3 pointed dagger (look at Raphael's weapons in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to see what a Sai looks like). And it's not his real name, because he is given the name. And it seems he doesn't have emotions of his own.

Now bringing some more KOF-knowledge to the table... There is another person involved with the Orochi madness in KOF... Chizuru (can't think of her last name though).. and she kept hold of the Mirror. Now if there were 3 families in the Orochi madness... then, which could be which in Naruto? Kusanagi, Yagami, (..) --> Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura? Defeating the 8 heads of the Orochi? are there, by any chance, 8 members in Akatsuki?

(edit) wait, I remember now, 9 biju, 9 Akatsuki... but it could've been nice if Akatsuki was also part of Orochimaru's doing, somehow....but it are 9, not 8... that part won't make sence now... but eh. (edit)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  8. JayG Konoha's Beautiful Green Beast

9. uji-tiger Young Padawan

but a Sai isn't really a sword, but more of a dagger/knife...but it DOES have 3 (!!!!) blades.... perhaps...bringing 3 to 1? ofcourse, perhaps we are going too deep and too far with this, but even so... 3 in 1....

10. Kiyoshi The Former Avatarless

- Wikipedia entry on Sai

This would help the theory a bit, maybe? Orochimaru having the Kusanagi and Sai meant to counter it?

11. AtheLICE Member

12. JayG Konoha's Beautiful Green Beast

Oooh....new developments that could potentially support this theory (or at least point it towards its direction). Check out the partial scanlations for 284:tem

13. bronzhawk Kagebunshin King

Just from the translations of 284 thus far, I think Sai is an Anbu member that has been hired by the high councle to assasinate Naruto. My two cents, lets see if I am correct in my thinking in a couple of months

14. shibigoku Master of the fist

Since Danzou was opposed to Sarutobi, I think he was opposed to his ways of ruling the leaf. He was more for war, so he trained a division of ANBU that is more ruthless, more like the Sand. Did you see that Kankuro, Temari and Kankuro have jutsus and techniques that are very cruel compared to our now chuunins of the leaf? I didn't think that all of the leaf was "soft" and Danzou proves it! Maybe there's a corner of the leaf that is more dark. That doesn't mean that they are enemies of the "softer" leaf or apart from them, they are all ninjas of konoha. So Sai is not an ally... or a bad guy, he is from the leaf and that's it. If you don't get it, lemme clear things. When we first met Neji, he was not an enemy nor a friend, he was just from the leaf. Well Sai is just the same.

15. deathblaze Alchemy Save the Queen!

Spoiler:
    in chap 284 we find out who yamato is... and coincidently he looks like the 2nd hokage... same forehead protector too!