1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Sai and the ANBU Root, could they be...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by FFLN, Nov 27, 2005.

1. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Could Sai and ANBU "Root" be clones of elite ninja of Konoha, or elite ANBU at the least?

With all of the theories of Sai being an Uchiha going around, I was thinking about his similarity to the two Uchiha brothers, and Itachi in particular, as well as the word "Root" and what that implies. In 285, the unknown ANBU stated that "Root" is there to support the great tree, known as Konoha, from within and in secret. Also, the roots theirself allow a tree, or any plant, to grow and be strengthened. Roots can also help a plant to regrow itself if the stem or main body is destroyed in some way. As long as the roots are intact, it can regrow and rejuvenate itself.

It's that idea that's made me think that the "Root" of ANBU are possibly cloned from previous elite members of ANBU or of just any ninja that displays extraordinary skills in Konoha. Itachi became an ANBU Squad leader at the age of 13. He seems like he'd be a prime candidate to be cloned. Kakashi became a Jounin at the age of 13 and became a Chuunin at 8, since he was in ANBU it would make sense if he was also cloned and there's a younger Kakashi running around in there somewhere... without the mask covering up half of his face, although he would still have the ANBU mask covering up his whole face.;) Also, remember that Danzou mentioned that Sai was the strongest of his "generation". Since no one really seems to know of him, it's possible that this "generation" he was speaking of could be a generation of clones. It's also possible... that Naruto could've originally been from Root. Perhaps he really was the clone of the Yondaime, which Yondaime learned about, and he therefore considered him able to hold the Kyuubi. It would make alot of sense if Naruto does turn out to be from Root, assuming that Root is made up of clones, since he has NO family AT ALL and there has been much mentioned about his similarities to Yondaime. It would really turn things around in the story of Naruto. Not only would he be a jinchuuriki, but he would also be a clone.:S Whoa.

Spoiler: The frame which made me think of a Kakashi clone

Spoiler: The frame of Sai's drawing of himself... no real reason for this pic...

Albeit, this is somewhat of a stretch, but it is a possibility until more info is revealed about Sai and Root.:amuse

Tags:
  2. Jujubie Greatest candy in the world

Kakashi was not born with the Sharingan eye. It was medically implanted on him. So if he was cloned, the clone would not have Sharingan. But your theory is intriguing nonetheless =D

3. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    yeah, thats where the whole theory falls apart, there is nothing elite about Naruto...its the whole underlying theme of the manga. "the idiot moron loser who overcomes all odds and proves his worth."

4. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Well, even if he's the clone of the Yondaime, he wouldn't be EXACTLY like the Yondaime due to different circumstances. The same goes for Sai if he happens to be the clone of Itachi. He would obviously NOT be at the same level that Itachi is at. Note, that Sai and Naruto, even if they started out in the same place, would still have gone through different methods of training. Since Naruto became a jinchuuriki, he'd obviously be under greater watch and would not remain in "Root", while Sai would've still been able to go through the training that "Root" members go through. As I said though, this is all just conjecture, but still a fun and interesting idea to toss around.:amuse

Oh, and I never mentioned anything about a cloned Kakashi having the Sharingan.:p Which would be pretty interesting since he would've developed in a vastly different style than the one that the Copy Ninja took.

5. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

FFLN, I can't rep you enough for the creativity of this theory.(that's why I don't rep you:p ) It is like a double-bladed knife. The Root can serve as a Plan B for Konoha. When the whole Konoha was destroyed, the Root members will come out from the underground and replace the genins, chuunins, special jounins, jounins and elite jounins. Then Danzou will put on the fake boobs and pretend to be the fifth Hokage.(this is not hard to imagine since Danzou is already a bandage fetish:amuse ) However, this may also turn out to be Star Wars II. Huh, you don't know what Star Wars II is?:huh See the spoiler then.

Spoiler:
    Attack of the Clones, MORON!

6. Tenderfoot Hemit

Interesting theory FFLN, haven't seen this one before. I like it ^^... If this was the real deal it would make an interesting twist or turn of events. However does Konoha really have the technology to clone? Well if does..whose clone is Sai Itachi or Sasuke [taking note that Sakura did did say Sai looks like Sasuke and has the same voice tone, or someting like that].

7. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

hey, is that avatar from the movie TokyoBayside Shakedown or from the tv series?

FFNL, i have to agree with oner again :p

If you really want to have a better idea about the "root" thing then go read the manga about Yagyu and the Grass.

8. Spectrum Active Member

I love it when a theory makes me go, "WHOMG I never thought of that before!" and then the lightbulbs start blinking one after another. :amuse Most of the theories these days are pretty unoriginal, either variations of old theories or based on things that the manga already made pretty obvious. This, though... I like this. It's new, and fairly crazy, but there's just enough evidence supporting it to make you stop and seriously consider it for a little while anyway.

I could see Sai as an Uchiha clone, definitely. The resemblance has already been mentioned, and it adds a whole new layer to the "no past and no future" thing. And I really like the theory that Naruto could have been one of these clones, too. Add that to Danzou's still-unknown objective, and the fact that we know how much of a warmongerer he was/is (could he have secretly been training an entire army of cloned Konoha elites for his own?)... yeah, I really like this. A lot of food for thought. :tem

Maybe a little (okay, a lot) more sci-fi than we've had in the series thus far... but then again, we've seen some pretty sophisticated technology on occasion (Konoha's medical facilities, Orochimaru's lab...), so it's not out of the question, either.

9. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

wOW, Copinator is back! I thought you were...:p

No, it is from a japanese drama called yasha. Nice or terrible?

10. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

I did originally think that Sai looked like Itachi when I first saw him, but after the comparisons that others have made between Sai and Itachi, I'm going to agree with them moreso.

While Konoha may not have the "technology" that we think of when it comes to cloning, they do have jutsu and all of that other stuff that they research. Just as Orochimaru researched to create Edo Tensei and the Sand researched to create that jutsu that would breathe life into a puppet... or a person, Danzou or some other shinobi could probably research some jutsu or a string of jutsu that could be used to create living and breathing clones without being dependent upon the user's chakra or the like.

Yeah, yasha, that could be the gist of it. Although, it seems more like they're just taking the cream of the crop and just replicating the cream, since they wouldn't want such genetic talent to go to waste.

What manga are you talking about, Copinator?

Yeah Spectrum, the same thing happened in my head too when this theory formed. I don't think I'd have bothered to post it if it didn't open up so many possibilities like that. It is rather sci-fi, but I guess you could claim some of the stuff in Naruto as sci-fi anyway.:amuse

11. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Please, little things like that won't stop me. :nuts :p

I see, well, i thinks its the same actor from that show/movie, if you have the chance to see them, then do.

To FFNL.

The problem i have is the clone part.

12. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

That means the whole thread. What a sarcasm!:amuse

13. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

There've been plenty of clones or bunshin in the series thus far, so it wouldn't really be too far-fetched to imagine ACTUAL clones that don't disappear nor depend upon another's chakra in order to sustain its own life. Many people have also thought of the idea of Yondaime having some sort of jutsu to create a clone of himself, as a baby, which he then sealed the Kyuubi into. This theory would just make something like that more probable, except it would be from a more sinister perspective considering just how Naruto, a Yondaime clone, would've originally been made for a secret off-shoot of ANBU which is under Danzou. Having a private army of elite-ninja with the best genes would certainly allow Danzou to create a foot-hold in the power structure of Konoha.

When it comes to aging of the clones though... this is the main part in which things don't really jive. If Sai is a clone of Itachi, that would mean that his bodily growth was accelerated... which could explain his current state of mind. If Naruto was cloned though... perhaps he was a different type of clone or the jutsu to accelerate growth just wasn't used on him. Either that or he's not a clone. Or Sai could be a clone of an older Uchiha, such as Fugaku, Sasuke's father.

There are just alot of possibilities that can come from this theory. Hehe, and it would also explain the numerous amount of similar looking ANBU who are killed in the anime.:eyeroll Although, I guess they wouldn't necessarily be from Root.:p

14. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Have anybody here read the godly manga Lone Wold and Cub?

That Grass is the only thing that i can relate to root.

Its fits the description.

15. RedWolf The Red Shadows

FFLN that is one out there but original theory.

Underground clonning if discovered by Sandaime may given him the political reason to shutdown Danzou's Root group based on moral grounds.

16. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Well, it seems like most of the higher up ninja of Konoha know about it, from the way Tsunade was speaking of Root to Yamato. So it's possible that they do know about it and... have just gone along with it as a good backup plan or security buffer... or maybe they have shut it down, as you said. They obviously wouldn't destroy the life that was already created from that program, but they just halted the further creation of clones. Of course, that's with the assumption that this theory holds true.

17. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

You are lucky, i didn't called you NFL. :p

I know about the kage bushins and all that, but Yondaime being a baby clone is ridiculous in my opinion, as it was already stated that Yondaimec hosed a baby in which to sealed Kyuubi and make that baby the hero of the village.

If Naruto was Yondaime's clone, they would have given hints of that.

The manga proof that Yondaime and Naruto are two total different people not clones, but father and Son.

I don't believe Sai is a clone, but a real Uchiha who was kept a secret from the rest, which is why i reccomend to you to read the Grass part from Lone wolf and cub.

Read above why Naruto isn't a clone nor Sai.

Have you seen unleashed?

That's another method to raised someone without emotions and so forth.

lol, don't use the anime. :nuts

18. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

Hey, FFNL is my favourite member in NF. Don't make fun of him like that.:mad

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  19. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I love this theory. Although, I don't know if Kishimoto is quite that creative... It would be nice though.

Naruto and Yondaime similarities have always made people think they were father and son. I've always thought the biggest thing wrong with this theory was the ages. Also the fact that people like Jiraiya, Tsunade, etc. only said things like: "He reminds me of Yondaime"... Wouldn't that be a given if he was Yondy's son? They would have known that. Why wouldn't anyone tell them?

An explanation could very well be that Danzou, allied with Orochimaru at the time, was experimenting with DNA and genetic manipulation. I wouldn't put it past either one of them. Yondaime would have found out and taken Naruto out of the program. Had he been given more time, he would have shut it down. Hmmm...that's assuming he was all goodness like people have said. He could have even been tied to it. Anyways...once the demon had been sealed in Naruto, Sandaime would have known what was going on and shut down root.

Blah blah blah. I'm theorizing too much.

All in all, I think this idea could easily be worked into the manga. If Kishimoto wanted it too...

Nice idea. :tem

20. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

21. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Well, these are just our thoughts on the matter. There's really no strong evidence for one or the other, since it could go either way or a totally different route.:p

Yeah, it's a possibility, but these are just our opinions and thoughts on the matter, as I stated above. No, I haven't seen Unleashed either.

:p That part there was a joke.

Yeah, Chiru, it's possible that Danzou and Orochimaru worked together with their research. Both were Hokage candidates from what we've gleaned, and it seems like it may have been their methods that discluded them from the position.

Hehe, and feel free to theorize, even if Kishimoto may or may not actually be planning on heading in the direction of any of these theories.:amuse

22. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Could Sai's mission be to capture Sasuke so Danzou can clone him as well?

23. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

No. Sai's mission is to prove that the clones are better than the original ones.:oh

24. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

I don't know if he would need to capture him if he wanted to clone him... I figured that he just got the blood by drawing it from each of the shinobi in the guise of "blood tests". Another possibility could be that he's mixing DNA combinations to try and find the "perfect" body that way. Hehe, perhaps Sai was conceived from a combination of Orochimaru x Itachi?:smile-big

25. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

When Oro sees Sai, he will throw away Sasuke and kidnap Sai.

Sasuke:*whining*Take me with you, Master Oro! Don't leave me here.:crying
    Sasutards::yelling STFU.
    yasha ong*runs away while throwing kunais at Sasutards*:pleased

26. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I like that even more. Naruto being a mix of Jiraiya and Yondaime would be awesome. But you know what? Remember that mega theory that came out for part II? Some things proved correct, but others did not.

Anyway, in that spoiler, they mentioned Naruto being a clone of Yondaime mixed with Konohamaru's father/Sandaime's son, also the Akatsuki leader.

How big of a twist would that be?

Also, Sai does look a lot like Oro and Itachi. His skin is the same chalk white as Oro, but his facial features resemble Itachi. His hair is a mix of both. ^_^ You might be on to something.

27. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

I don't think I read that mega-theory, but by going along with this train of thought, I did get to the same idea that Naruto would be a combination of Yondaime and Jiraiya.;) Hehe, and it would be quite a twist if that's how Naruto was conceived.:p

And yes, it was for those reasons that I figured that Sai might be a combination of those two. Although, it does make me wonder how Danzou got a hold of Orochimaru's DNA while Itachi was still around, since Orochimaru should've left around that time... unless it was exactly around that time.:p

28. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Well like you said. They would probably have access to dna samples of all shinobi. Some way or another. Blood, hair, etc.

29. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

He can get it from Sasuke's butt.*pwned to death by Sasutards*

30. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

:xp Forgot about the hair.XD Yeah, he probably left alot of that around.:p I just wasn't certain of how they would've gotten a blood sample from him at that time, since he was acting differently around then.