1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Sai, what role does this character play?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Syferz, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

Sai, well if we look at his head protector we see that he is leaf, so I am going to assume that the creator isn't pulling another Kabuto, and that this guy/girl is truely from the leaf. Now why would Sai be unknown and not really have any emotions? Well I believe that inside Konoha there is different levels of government, the Hokage is the head, but there is still the elders, who do things, like appointing new Hokages and doing their fair share of dirty operations behind the scenes, Sai is mostlikely a tool, designed and trained to make sure that the kyuubi doesn't get out of line, go berserk or just kill everything. My only really support of this theory is how many times we have heard that Konoha wants to keep a close eye on Naruto, and they don't want him to go after Sasuke, or fight with Akatsui, Naruto is obviously determined to do these things.

Naruto is uncontrollible, and they are fearing Kyuubi coming back, so it would make sence that they want to place a highly skilled ninja to oversee what naruto is doing, to ensure that he is 1. not lost to Akatsui, and 2. doesn't go missing nin and come back to kill everyone using the kyuubi, 3. They don't want Kyuubi to go any further, so it might be simplier to just kill naruto at a weakend moment. This looks to be why Sai is now being introduced.

What other things might happen to Sai? well Sai might be Konoha's last uchiha, and a perfect replacement for Sasuke, as in Orochimaru's body switch, now I am sure Konoha doesn't want this, but from the creator's stand point, to make Orochimaru a bigger threat, he would have to gain Sharingan, and I doubt that the creator wants to loose his favorite character over this (yes the creator loves to draw sasuke and has called him his favorite character) so my over all conclution for sai's role is a replacement for Sasuke in all the ways sasuke is in this series, to avoid loosing sasuke to Orochimaru, as for who he/she is? according to legend the yhami oro beast, gains a sword that belonged to the clan that is most related to uchiha, this sword would have to be translated to a body switch from who Orochimaru is now, into a uchiha, that being either Sasuke, or Itachi, but Sai would make a perfect replacement for this.

Tags:
  2. Archer Great Teacher Onizuka

the fillers have crept their way over from the anime to the manga. sai is a filler. a sasuke filler.

3. Rose \_(ب_ب)_/?Oh well...

I like you theory^^ Its interesting.

4. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Sai is a character that will remain in the manga for a long time to come. I do not feel that he will die. The old man that you see Sai with was a friend/ally of the Akatsuki Leader. Yes, he has the most connections to the Akatsuki Leader. Possibly his father, brother, sensei, etc. He feels responsible. After the AL left Konoha (after doing something bad) the old guy (Billy Bandages) decided that he himself would not be able to defeat him. He was growing too old, while the Akatsuki Leader was not aging at all.

So what did he do? He took the boy with the most potential and began to train him. He trained him to be the next Hokage and the killer of the Akatsuki Leader. The project was codenamed: SAI. Sai means...well...genius. I would even go as far as to say that Sai was made from DNA of some of Konoha's strongest shinobi. Yondaime? Orochimaru? Sandaime? Possibly. Sai is not just some random kid. He is related to a really strong character.

Anyway, Sai was trained from a young age to be the best of the best. He never attended the academy (like a Hyuuga Main House Member), but had a Kage level shinobi training him...so it doesn't matter. Eventually Sai turned 17. It was then that Akatsuki kidnapped Gaara. Once Billy Bandages heard this, he spoke with Tsunade about Sai's abilities. BB told Tsunade that he would be the perfect guardian for Naruto. That is why he summons Shisha (dog/lions that guard shrines).

Now Sai is getting used to being a real "human". Hence the manual. He finally has a name and finally gets to live. Still, he has a goal. He must kill the Akatsuki Leader. That is the true reason why he is with Naruto. It is also why he is such a "shady" guy. Sai is now trying to get to know Naruto, but is just going about the wrong way of doing so...

Eventually, Sai will be killed. EVENTUALLY. And NOT by Sasuke. He is NOT here to replace Sasuke.

5. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Wow Chiru, such a huge backstory. :laugh

6. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

We know Sai isn't a Uchiha but I feel that his Ninjitsu is a great weapon to pretect Naruto....

7. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

@ KN: lol I was multi-tasking between japanese HW and writing that. I was so bored doing HW that I ended up writing a lot. XD

8. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

it's a nice story sure, but I think android 16.... I mean that sai is well too far fetched, it is a good story, but I think sai is more of a tool then a valued member who was made to be hokage, he isn't suppose to have emotions, and he isn't suppose to live a normal life now, he/she is just here to attach his/her self to team 7 and do something to Orochimaru, Naruto, Sasuke, or akatsui, but my guess is that it doesn't make sense to put Sai with naruto, to go after Akatsui leader if Itachi's 2 man group is the ones appointed to Naruto.

9. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

What? If you want to get close to the Akatsuki Leader, get close to the ONLY person you know that he has connections with. Akatsuki Leader wants Naruto. Sai wants Akatsuki Leader. Naruto is middleground. Whether it is Itachi or not that has been assigned to catch Naruto, Akatsuki Leader will be a part of Naruto's life. Therefore, Sai also wants/needs to be part of Naruto's life.

It doesn't matter if Sai was raised to be Hokage or just raised to be a tool. The end result will be the same. He will gain human emotions now and will die before achieving his goal. His goal being: Kill Akatsuki Leader!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Isn't this the theory section?

10. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

it just doesn't seem to make much sense, billy bandages probably got all his scars and cuts from the attack of NTF, not Akatsui, he by now would have to be a missing nin, thus making sai one too, because Konoha would have to know about sai, otherwise he won't make it on team 7, thus making your efforts useless, I mean it is much more likely that his goal is to stop naruto then akatsui, look at how the elders are reacting to naruto's freelancer ways, they want him under lock and key, but the currect hokage believes in naruto and knows that he is no threat... that is why they dispatched Sai, theories should be based on some sort of reasoning, your post belongs in the sticky about keeping way out there theories, which yours definantly comes down to that.

11. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

nooooo!!!! *cuts wrists*

12. Criminal NF TRIPLE OG

A theory within a theory, I like! The idea of Sai being a kinda like a secret weapon is great. The person who holds the key to taking down the Akatsuki organization. As soon as Akatsuki debuted in part 2 I wanted thier presence their re-emergence to cause other events.....I hoped something big was starting, and if your theroy is correct......then something big is defintely underway.

13. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

So basically you're saying my theory is wrong simply because you want yours to be right. :tem :laugh lolz @ you

14. Kashama Sasori Of the Red sand

I really don't feel likke seeing a Cell ripoff lol. i dont want naruto to follow the same dark path that dbz did, but with all those fillers an such, it just might be....

15. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Give or take the DNA manipulation, it still pretty much the same outcome. Sai is related to one of the really strong ninja. Raised to kill a really strong ninja. Is a tool. Wants to kill the ninja, but is killed before goal can be accomplished. Someone else with blonde hair does it for them...

Wait...

Holy shit! Did I just watch the Cell Arc or something?! lol Wow... I still want it to be that way.

16. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

did you even read it? it basically says that konoha would have to know about Sai to end up on team 7, since that is his job, your not only making a copy of cell, but your also copying kabuto, your theory is bland. the old man would also have to be a missing nin to pull off revenge, it makes no sense this way, it's much more likely that he is a konoha elder, and if you look at the pilot you can see an elder who looks simular to billy, this is probably because our creator loves to use characters he has created for new ones. naruto is even a character he created for something else.

17. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

How is it a copy of Kabuto? :huh

I know it is a copy of Cell and frankly I don't care. Naruto is, in essence, a copy of Goku, just with more depth. Sai could very well be Cell, with a goal of his own that connects him to the hero.

You are making him a copy of Sasuke. You can't copy stuff from the same manga.

My theory is more original, opens up more story potential/character potential, has some form of a basis, and sounds cooler. But this is pointless... The topic title says: Sai, what role does this character play. I answered it, and rather than say hmm...maybe, you chose to say "no way, its stupid and cell-like.

But whatever...

18. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

he is kabuto because in your theory he would have to be a spy to be in konoha, wear a konoha head band, and become a member of team7, but not work for hokage, or atleast a konoha elder, your also creating a new element with the same goals as naruto/orochimaru/konoha, this doesn't make good story elements, just because i am the author of this post, doesn't negate that your theory is completely unfounded, and has nothing to support it, maybe Naruto is really an alien and his brother will come to auduct his son in 10 years, there is nothing to base that on either, but yeah I welcome anyone to challenge it, it is proven that sai is from konoha, and his master is also probably from konoha, so why would his master know akatsui? because you think it would be cool, how is this a founded theory with any ground. Don't bs it, it's not worth my time to continue to argue why your theory is too early, much to detailed and has way too much of your own theory in it.

Sai, is obviously not raised to be hokage, so lets see what happens, I stated what seemed most obvious with my theory, yours is simply unfounded

19. Kahlua2606 ANBU

Sai is a tool, that part is right, but I have a hard time believing that it's for a reason as far off as Chiru's theory (but it's interesting and inventive nonetheless). Naruto made the most progress in advancing as a shinobi when he had a clear rival, someone to strive hard against and to push him to become better and more powerful, and he had this in Sasuke. Now that Sasuke's gone, the introduction of Sai tells me two things: 1) that Kishi is going to use Sai to push Naruto to become even greater, as Sasuke did before and 2) Sasuke isn't going to be coming back to rejoin Konoha and Team 7 anytime soon (if ever).

Even the similarities in how Sai and Sasuke look, and how Sai talked to Naruto show that he will push Naruto to become stronger, and question him until he does. In addition, it also tells me that Team 7 is going to be doing some serious fighting in the near future, since Kishi has given them an obviously very powerful replacement in Sai (and probably Jiraiya for Kakashi). Sai's other role will be to a) help protect Naruto and the kyuubi, and b) give Naruto another notch in his belt for people who he helped when he teaches Sai to have emotion, or something like that.

20. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Umm... Where did I say he was a spy? Who said he doesn't work for Tsunade? Naruto works for Tsunade, but also has his own goals. P.S. Kabuto never became a member of Team 7.

How has it been proven Sai is from Konoha? I think he is, but there is 0 proof of this. As for the guy knowing Akatsuki... That's easy. Sasuke knows of someone in Akatsuki. Naruto does too. So does Jiraiya. So does Kakashi. So does Tsunade. Would it be too farfetched to say this man is very strong and was the former teammate of the Akatsuki Leader? Sure, its speculation, but what the hell do you think a theory is?

lol Too early... Much "to" (you meant "too") detailed... :huh I wasn't aware that that a theory could come too early... LMAO at too detailed... Too much of my own theory in it? Dude...it IS my theory.

"Don't bs it, it's not worth my time to continue to argue why your theory is too early, much to detailed and has way too much of your own theory in it."

How is he "obviously" not raised to be Hokage? :huh Hmm? Please tell me. Also, if you drop that part of my theory, it still ends the same way. No way I would be 100% correct, but I'd bet money on mine over yours. You are just making Sai into another Sasuke. THAT, my friend, is the most unoriginal thing that could possibly be done.

And you might want to learn how to use periods correctly. :)

21. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

I agree with this, it does make sense, and it is why the creator had said even made sasuke in the first place (he wanted the pushing relationship that goku and krillian had) <his words not mine. Thanks for the input, I do believe this is as close as we are going to know about who he is until it is uncoverd.

22. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

Okay, if he joins team 7 he has to be from konoha, the reason he can't become hokage is because no one could trust a non emotional character, so he is obviously a tool. The replacement for Sasuke is true, as far as a device for the story, as others have deducted. Next, revenge is used a lot, but the mission he seemed to be given was to gain team 7's trust, meaning he is there to lie to team 7, not piggy back to kill akatsui, your theory keeps backing up, first you said dna, now you say that it doesn't matter, then you said hokage, now that doesn't matter, next it will be shown that akatsui isn't his target and Orochimaru is, then you will say that, THAT too doesn't matter, so obviously it could be Orochimaru as well, seeing as how they are closer to the same age, and Orochimaru killed 100's of konoha members, Orochimaru's weaknessess are better known and makes him a more realistic target for Sai, seeing as how he is suppose to join naruto's group now, because they are after Orochimaru right now, so maybe this is the theory your looking for. As for my grammer, I try to make it easy enough to read, but i don't want to waste the time to figure out what exactly to use.

(sorry for the double post)

23. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

rofl that's how wars start :laugh

24. Gaara-Kazekage Member

If Sai joins team 7 and turns out to be a decent/good character, it might signify that Sasuke's not coming back. Sai's a 'mirror image' of Naruto, the former has no innate understanding of emotions while the latter is full of passion.

While Naruto gains strength through powerful, protective feelings, I think Sai possesses strength simply b'cos he has no feelings (no hate or love) and thus is able to focus on anything on hand without interference.

Many people think that Naruto will/should teach Sai the meaning of human emotions, I think he is better off without...too troublesome...just look at what extreme emotion did to Sasuke.

I really hope Sai is a good guy simply b'cos he could be entirely logical, rational and neutral by default:)

25. Alia_Atreides Mew...

One thing is right: Sai said he has no emotions just for us to see him gaining emotions during the time he is with team seven. Naruto will teach him what is friendship, and I think he will fall in love for Sakura. Just like Sasuke? No, he will not take it for granted... He will show Sasuke how selfish he was, and how happy he should be for having the love and friendship of those guys in team seven. Thats why he is there, I think.
    But thats just what I think, who knows, I change my mind a lot.

26. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Erm I don't think "it" is an Uchiha. As for why "it" isn't recognized in Konoha, well Fire country is a big country, so Konoha must have some outposts throught the country (like near the border) and Sai possibly came from one of these outposts. I am not sure if Sai is what those two bastard of a council members had instored to keep an close eye over Naruto but weather or not, "it" will be the 4th team member. Sai is basically the real Orochimaru replacement :laugh to make the Sannin team to make somewhat of a carbon copy (check his skin tone).

So basically the simple explication for Sai atm is fthat he is a qualified warrior brought in from the outposts into the cetral power to fill the void left in a team. (atleast that how i look at it)

27. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

@ BattousaiMS: Similiar to my theory except I believe he was trained for something slightly more important than just joining the team. I like your theory best so far. People didn't seem to like mine mainly because of the Cell-like qualities, but whatever. Yours deserves rep.

28. uncanny_sama Que Veux-tu

the fagy girly looking boy that is seeking for a p*d*p**** mentor from the hidden mist village

29. Syferz Ninja-Wizard

I think it's pretty obvious that he is there to infiltrate the team, and gain their trust, so I think your not really answering anything with what you said, you simply explained how he might not be from the main konoha village, these things that he is doing is what we are questioning, how he got there isn't entirely relavant, I do think that the elders would do something about naruto now, so before they leave konoha, if sai is the only new developement, I think we have to look at him as Naruto's cuffs, it's pretty obvious to me, that Sai is there to do something that is not a simple fill in, he is there for a secert reason that we don't know about, and yes I think it is partly to oversee naruto.

Also it is going to become naruto's new rival, I agree with the person who brought this to everyone's attention, it's pretty obvious to me now, what the creator wants in sai, and yes it is a replacement for rivaly, and a secert goal which most likely involves Naruto, Sasuke, or Orochimaru. One of these three maybe even Itachi, but I don't think Sai could handle Akatsui and it would be stupid to show a character now, that is superrior to the Akatsui leader.

30. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Well at first it looked like he might be an outside spy, but when you go with the recent chapters and how the council members treat the guy, you start to realize that maybe the billy bob was among the Naruto conspirators.

Let's face it, it is apparent, that the council doesn't like Naruto very much and given their current attitude it tells you that maybe we have living in some lies about past events that happened in Part 1.

Some examples are such as the chuunin finals, why wasn't Naruto chosen, okay I admit he might have not shown the Shikamaru style quality at the exam directly, but he surely did it at stoping Gaara. If anything he should be recognized for helping Konoha held of such a dangerous treat as Gaara almost single handedly. But no, he wasn't even mentioned in anything, heck there wasn't even a thanks from the council, it was as if Nothing happened in that forest.

Then you have Naruto being the main cause upon getting Tsunade as the 5th Hokage. Again, not a single mention of him having anything to do with it or him recieving any thanks. It's as if Konoha was in a consipiracy against him, every good act he did was hidden from the villagers. I don't about you but I always wondered about it and it seems part 2 is also starting to show some of the ugly side of Konoha.

- We know that now there is a constant conflict between the Hokage and the Council.
    - We also know that the council are keeping a close eye on Tsunade.
    - Billy Bob said Sai's arrangements were made to be able to intergrate in team 7 without any political struggle.
    - The council implying that they want Naruto under guard by their spies.
    - These acts are showing that there is a internal power conflict in Konoha, which most of us wouldn't even hint in part 1.

So yes, there is a very big possibility that Sai is from one of their outposts then from outside the fire country and that "it" is the spy they want to be on Naruto's neck to spy him for them.