1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Saikano

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by NinjaJedi007, Jun 4, 2005.

1. NinjaJedi007

The last love song on this little planet

Here's the brief synopsis from :
    "Shuji and Chise are two Hokkaido high school students barely starting a relationship with each other. Then, with no warning, a squadron of bombers from an unknown country destroy the city of Sapporo. All hope is lost when suddenly, the bombers are destroyed by a small red light floating across the sky. At this point, Shuji finds out that the one responsible for eliminating the enemy forces is Chise, who reveals herself as a cyborg engineered for mass-destruction"

This is quite possibly the most moving anime I've seen in my entire life. The contents throughout the entire series leaves an impact with you that you just can't shake. If you don't feel anything by its end, then I can honestly say you have no soul whatsoever. If you've heard that this is a depressing anime, then you've heard correctly. Besides caring for Shuji and Chise, watching the events unfold before your eyes is an amazing experience. Definitely a title that everyone should enjoy.

Official Website <-- in Japanese

Tags:
  2. NarutoXHinata

thanks for the infor its a must watch for me

3. Hitomi_No_Ryu

I watched the whole series. I still remember the first episode...no matter how many times you watch it, the squad bombers always catch you by surprise.

I just want warn the future fans here one thing...don't get too attached to the characters in this anime. Just...don't. I'll going to stop right there on that note.

4. Friend

I have the first manga but I have never seen the anime. I'd like to see it one day though. I wonder if I could rent it or something... It seems like it was going on a very sad turn of events though.

5. NinjaJedi007

^ I highly suggest you do check out the anime. Its definitely one of those things you need to truly experience: sights, sounds, everything. You need to actually see the events unfold in full animation. I don't doubt how good the manga is, but I can guarantee that the anime will bring out emotions that no anime will ever do.

6. Friend

Where can you find the anime online or is it something I can find to rent at an anime store?

The illustrations in manga are really nice and softly drawn.

7. NinjaJedi007

Here's a place to get Saikano. Other than that you can find it in stores probably. I got volume 1 (with special bonus disc) at Suncoast which is here I go when I buy anime. Yeah shopping online is better but I'm still not going to use credit cards through the internet, maybe in the future :p . Anyway, a good thing about Suncoast is that you can have them order stuff for you if the store doesn't have it in. Look into it :wink

8. Uchiha-Itachi648

Ok, so i'm reviving a thread that died 1 year ago.

but before making a new thread i decided to do a search instead.

So I would like to further promote this incredibly amazing anime to anyone who still hasn't seen it yet. There is also an Ova that is a must watch. right now i'm acquiring the Live Action movie which i hear has a totally different ending!

9. mephisto2k

Saikano is one of my favourite dramas. Ive read the manga too but i cant really decide whats better. The manga ending was a little different though, and i liked it

10. Acidblood7

WOW

WOW! This anime goes deep, deeper then Eureka Seven in emotional value. Its just insane, so the world ended and he was the last one left alive? Lol this anme is to much for me to handle hehe.

11. Dogma

A several year bump? Hell yeah.

A useful bump? Not so much. I mean I can get you the download link if you want the torrent as it's worth a watch. But you should be able to get it here

What will I say about this series?

It caught me off guard, I expected it to be one thing from the spoilers but I can honestly say that even with full knowledge how I thought it was going to end, I enjoyed most of this from cover to cover.

I like Drama's from time to time, and sometimes when the moon aligns at the right time, I'll say more positives about something then negatives. In this particular case, I find the execution to be great for the time period that it was created, the animation decent, and the music strangely worth listening too.

The story itself jumps along the lines of melodramatic, emo, BAWWWWWW, FFFFFFF, and wtf? but you'll more often then naught find yourself in a very lucrative tango motion that has you moving between the highs and lows of each character, pairing, moment, etc.

There's of course the whole "Swing and a miss" idea and some things will go over your head but Saikano paces itself well and keeps you strapped in and feeling the blows for the heavy parts, while actually not doing half as much as one would expect from an anime so solely based off of war, it goes back to it's romantic roots so many times it's not funny.

I personally didn't cry, but I'd imagine you would. Haven't been this choked up since Kannon at certain parts, but Kannon is just certain parts, this will bring you down faster then a bear with three tranquilizer darts in it's ass.

All and all, I'd say this is definitely a good series, something worth a multiyear bump and a chance to get good series like this one on the radar for some people looking for alittle drama to balance out the sunshine and bullshit.

Though if you like Clannad this could be for you, it hits harder then Clannad several times so I'd watch out. Not so much After Story's biggest /wrist point, but it's got some contenders.

Check it out if you can, and ignore the douchebag above me.

12. Loki

This wans't made before?..anyway good anime yeah watched it

13. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

I've repeated this sentiment many times about Saikano over the last couple of years: This is one of the most depressing series I have ever watched. But if you ask me would I have watched it if I knew how it was going to end, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. In fact the very start of the 1st episode basically gave you the end result and yet I wanted to see just how did it get to that point. The journey was most certainly more rewarding than the destination.