1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Sakura...Potential Hokage? Junior Level Attempt at a Sakura Essay-like Thing...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Chiru, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Haruno Sakura. Predicted by many to be the new Tsunade of the new Sannin. Potential of 4/5. In the beginning of the series, Sakura was considered by many to be not only the worst of the Rookie 9 in terms of strength, but also in terms of attitude/personality. Slowly as the story progressed, some people started to take notes of her changing behavior and began to like her (if they didn?t already), but she still couldn?t be considered ?good?. Then came chapter 236. ?I have a request. Please?Make me your apprentice!? Well, if that wasn?t a surprise, what is? (sarcasm?)

It was soon after this that the story of a young boy named Naruto was replaced by the story of two young boys named Kakashi and Obito. When Kakashi Gaiden ended, we were all ready to see how the former genin had improved. The first two to be shown were Naruto and Sakura.

Spoiler: Sakura?s 1st Appearance

From that one picture, people noticed how much Tsunade had inspired her fashion sense. Theories of how she had improved began to pop up here and there. Okay?I?m moving too slowly with this?

Soon we were shown that Sakura had picked up at least one thing from her teacher. By the time of the Sasori fight, we would have learned at least three things that Sakura picked up from Tsunade. And one resolution all of her own.

1.Super Strength: Many people said this came from nowhere, although they had expected it. In reality, it had been hinted at from the beginning of the series. ?It looks like the one best at controlling chakra right now is?Sakura? ?Hatake Kakashi (Chap. 18, Pg. 10). This was repeated over and over throughout the first part of the series. So when the explanation of chakra being controlled properly in the fist was revealed as the basis of Tsunade?s super strength, it made sense.

2. Medical Skills: Sakura had always been the best when it came to book smarts. Sure, Shikamaru is a genius, but he?s lazy and never studies (from what we were shown and what can be assumed). Sasuke was a smart cookie and was a genius of the ninja arts. Sakura, however, was always the one memorizing shinobi rules. ?I always scored 100% on the Ninja Academy exams? I memorized over 100 shinobi sayings? I always wrote the correct answers? On one day?s test this question appeared? ?Write down shinobi saying #25?? I wrote down the answer as usual? [You know the rest..]? ?Haruno Sakura (Chap. 31, Pg. 15).

So yes, memorizing medical knowledge probably wasn?t too hard for her to do. In the end, she learned enough to completely own an entire village?s medical ninja by finding a way to cure Sasori?s poison and then make 2 liquid form of the vaccine before taking off to find Gaara. I?d consider her one of the top 10 medical ninja in the world?

3. Personality/Passion/Inner Strength/Spirit: Not so much learned from Tsunade as it was inspired by her. ?I may not be laden with deadly weapons like real puppets?but I?m brimming with my teacher?s distaste for losing!? ?Haruno Sakura (Chap. 269, Pg. 13-14). In the Sasori vs Sakura/Chiyo fight, both Sasori and Chiyo point out Sakura?s will to keep going on. Throughout the first Arc of Part II, we see how much Haruno Sakura has matured and grown. I love Chiyo?s final words to Sakura. ?And Sakura?Next time, don?t save a dying old hag? Help someone important to you? You remind me so much of myself? Because there aren?t so many girls with such a courageous spirit are there?? You?ll become a kunoichi to surpass your teacher?? ?Chiyo (Chapt. 279, Pg. 9). All in all, Sakura improved most in this area. She gained the strength?no?the will of fire! (omg so melodramatic of me XD)

4. And then there?s?: ?And then after that Uchiha Itachi? Who made Sasuke-kun suffer? ?and a terrible opponent pursuing Naruto. *fist clench!* This time, I?m going to save them both!? ?Sakura?s Thought (Chapt. 252, Pg. 19). ?Finally, Sakura has her own ambition. No longer does she just want to be around Sasuke. Now she actually has motivation, something to fight for, and a reason to grow stronger.

There is no doubt in my mind that Sakura will surpass Tsunade some day. ?Medical ninjutsu plus amazing strength? No, that?s not all. Because Sakura was originally a genjutsu type? She may become an even better ninja than the fifth? ?Hatake Kakashi (Chap. 246, Pg. 12). ?You?ll become a kunoichi to surpass your teacher?? ?Chiyo (Chapt. 279, Pg. 9). Personally I take that as ?nuff said.

Consider the original Sannin. Jiraiya is the wander and Orochimaru is the evil loner. I personally think that those two are a direct reflection (or in Sasuke?s case, opposites) of future Naruto and Sasuke, but with slightly different goals in life. I see something big happening at the end that leads to Naruto?s departure from Konohagakure. He would travel around the world, growing in fame. We all know that if he ends up like Goku, he will end up traveling a lot (either in heaven or hell or some planet with one house and a monkey or just a poor town?). Then when we look at Sasuke. He will accomplish at least one of his goals, but I?m hoping he will accomplish both. I think he will settle down and revive the Uchiha clan after somehow being allowed back into Konoha. His ending is not my care as I never felt him to be the Hokage type anyway. Neither of them will be Hokage, and if Naruto become Hokage, he will soon drop the title to travel. That way his goal is accomplished and he gets a good DBZ homage ending.

This leaves me with three people I consider potential Hokages. Kakashi, Shikamaru, and Sakura. I think Kakashi will end up dying or something, so he doesn?t get the job. Maybe if Tsunade dies soon, but otherwise he will not get the job? Shikamaru is just too plain lazy.

This leaves us with Sakura. I already went into waaaaay too much detail on how Sakura improved in 2.5 years and how much she has left to improve so I?ll sum it up with why she would make a good Hokage. She is a direct reflection of Tsunade, had Tsunade?s brother and lover not died. Sakura is the non-alcohol-loving, non-gambling, non-timewasting version of Tsunade. She also has more potential. Sakura is also book-smart and studious. I bet she?d be the first Hokage excited to do the paperwork. Plus, her recent attitude of protecting her comrades, combined with her motherly-like personality, makes her a very good choice for Hokage.

Please discuss, just don?t hurt my feelings. This is my first attempt at something like this. XD

Tags:
  2. Pride Swerve

Good essay. Sakura does have good learning ability, and potential to become a Hokage. She does so far show more growth and potential than many other of the characters, including Naruto, for this timeskip.

I agree that Kakashi would make a good Hokage as well. Shikamaru is kinda too lazy. He'd want a laid back life, but then you never know. He seems to understand the principles of being a ninja and having comrades, shown by the speech he gave before the Rescue Sasuke Arc.

3. Razgriez Banned

Well from what you stated seems like she would make great Hokage material. Maybe if this was real life she seems like to have the highest probability of becoming Hokage.

4. Gallic Rush Why not?

Hm, if she can overcome her mad obsession with Sasuke, why not? I mean, Tsunade got over her dead hon and younger brother, so I guess anything is possible. She definitely has the skill potential to become hokage. But when Tsunade dies, it will probably be long before Sakura is ready. Either that or Naruto will get it instead.

5. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

Sakura has a better chance of becoming Hokage than Sasuke. **slaps his head at the ridiculous idea of Sasuke being Hokage**

If something drastic were to happen to Naruto, then I can see her becoming Hokage. But this is in the distant future with the NaruSaku/Hokage thing.

6. TheoDerek Rise Against

Nice Essay :smile-big. And if Team 7 follows their symmetry to their sannin counter parts 100% then she will be Hokage.

7. Archssor ~ Carpe Diem ~

Fantasic essay, great job! (BTW, I LOVE your avatar :p)

8. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Thanks for the many compliments. ^_^ @Archssor: lol

9. DragonSlayer Active Member

She has the potential of becoming a Hokage and I'm pretty sure strength-wise she'll be kage level one day, but I doubt she'll ever become Hokage.

10. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

I sure hope not. In fact I still dont see Tsunade as being a very good Hokage (she's got the strength but I just dont see the leadership or anything else that should be shown by a Hokage IMO). Idk, yes she will be strong, but what else really qualifies her to be Hokage more then anyone else?

11. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Did you read it?

12. Razgriez Banned

Meh...

Somethings just dont make sense. Its quite obvious Kishimoto lacks knowledge on leadership.

13. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Dammit........I had a big post to make but the pc messed up. Fuck :laugh. Great essay Chiru!! :thumbs

Well, Sakura has a better chance of becoming Hokage then Sasuke, also she has the same mind set and everything. However, the only thing she lacks are great skills. Now sure Sakura's improvement is great. Her medical skills owned an entire shinobi village. Thats her greatest aspect. However, that maybe, Sakura will simply not take Naruto's dream away, even if Naruto tells her to do it. Well now with that out of the way, lets check out Sakura's skills. Its like an RPG. Let me explain. Lets say that Sakura was at level 5 and then Naruto and Sasuke were at level 20. They defeat a level 45 boss and then get experience. Sure they get the same but because of Sakura's level being so low, she gets the most improvement. Its the same thing when you apply it to Naruto. Now even if she keeps mentioning as being greater then Tsunade, I see it just as that. Greater then Tsunade. I mean wouldnt it make sense for Sakura to surpass Tsunade in her own skill, medial skills. In order to surpass Tsunade shes going to have to do something great like create a tensei jutsu that doesnt make the user die or heal 20 ppl at the same time. An entire army. We know she isnt a fighter but she will atleast have some decent skills to become Hokage level. Sort of like the Captain from the 4th division in Bleach. I hope its like this. 5=great in it, 6=Hokage level, 7=equal to the best alive, 8=greatest ever imaginable even surpassing the best alive

Tsunade
    Fighting skills=6
    Medical skills=7

Sakura
    Fighting skills=5
    Medical skills=8

Atleast thats the way it should be. Overall, great character and she has the 2nd best chance out of Team 7.

Shikamaru, well he is just to lazy and well too weak to be Hokage. If he can fix that then he would be a great Hokage. However I see him as Naruto's assistant later on. :laugh

*Shikamaru walks in and looks at Naruto looking at the papers on the desk*
    Shikamaru-"Hokage-sama, you done with those papers?"
    Naruto-"Nah, I mean I should do them, I could do them but id rather do something wothy of the Hokage title."
    *Jumps out the window and then starts jumping from building to building*
    Shikamaru-"Dammit Naruto!!!!!!!!!!"
    *Shikamaru sits down at the desk and does the work thinking "still the same as always*

Kakashi, well, well has the teamwork thing down but he has mental problems. Thats the best way to say it.

Great essay Chiru, great for your first one! :)

14. Mizura Meh

Great essay! :thumbs

I'd like to add:

The best hint at Super-Strength though, is actually during her fight against Ino. Somehow she had managed to use her precise chakra control to match Ino's strength and speed. Kakashi had commented on it as well.

Add to that the first test of the chuunin exams. Sakura had answered all the questions when most of the others couldn't. These included:
    - predicting kunai trajectories: for those who've read my Sakura style different from Taijutsu essay, they'd know that she uses this for her dodging skills.
    - cryptography: one of the questions was this I think, either Sasuke or Naruto had started out by saying "the first question is cryptography". If Sakura managed to answer that, it shows her capacity at analyzing complicated problems -> poison antidotes.

That and, Kakashi had stated during her match against Ino: Sakura is like Naruto. Her inability to give up is higher than the average person.

Not only that, but Sakura hated "staying behind people's backs" from early on. She has surpassed her dependance on others on several occasions:
    - the first time ever was actually with Ino. Ino wanted her to bloom, but she couldn't while staying in Ino's shadow, so she set out to become Ino's equal (for me, it was actually an acknowledgement of Ino's friendship and efforts rather than treason. Why do you think Ino let her go so easily, and was so proud of Sakura when she did bloom?)
    - then in the Forest of Death, for the first time, she stated: "This time, take a good look at my back." Up till then she had fallen into a relation of dependance on the others, much like she used to be dependant on Ino. Well that's over.
    - yet she still remained dependant on Naruto, who throughout all the trials was always the one left standing (while Sasuke kept dying or getting into trouble >.>). That changed when Naruto came back half dead. I think this is why she decided to go further again post-timeskip by saying "This time, I'll save them both".

Because she is willing to move beyond those whom she admired and was dependant on at first, I think highly of Sakura. Her intelligence and her strong spirit would indeed make her a good candidate for Hokage as she surpasses Tsunade.

That said, it's more likely for Kakashi to become the next Hokage yes, Kishimoto had stated in an interview that Kakashi would make a good next Hokage (though in the end Tsunade became it). Also, I don't quite agree on the Sannin parallel: The break-up of the Legendary Sannin is imo the precise "history repeats itself" mistake that will be Averted this case, at least to a point.

- somehow, Naruto and Sakura will be able to save Sasuke. He might not return to Konoha, but I think Sasuke will come to his senses, unlike Orochimaru who left for good.
    - I don't think Naruto will leave Konoha, unless it's to continue the search for his (no longer evil but still wandering about) teammate, in which case he'll be "Hokage in pending" (until he returns)
    - as for Sakura, I think she'll be head of the medical department, but that's just me.

Sakura still lacks the inspirational force of Naruto you see, they all do. Naruto, through his actions alone, can push other people to try to improve on their own, instead of even having to be told to do so. Naruto didn't tell Gaara to become Kazekage or tell the Suna folks to stop hating Gaara. Naruto didn't tell Sakura to train harder or tell Tsunade to train her. So in this series, only Naruto has that kind of inspiration, meaning no other would be able to replace him, and can only serve as "temporary" Hokage if he isn't around, until he gets back. Sakura might serve this temporary Hokage role, though Kakashi filling in is more likely.

If Naruto does become Hokage though, Sakura will likely, as I said, be the head of the medical department, and also someone who will help Naruto out with Hokage work a lot (heh, paperwork, though Shikamaru will probably be shouldered with those). Mostly though, her "helping out" might consist of the same type of work Shizune does with Tsunade, just more violent (Naruto won't die anyway): waking him up, telling him to stop slacking off, and to stop goofing around. ^^;

15. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

Was that directed at me? (just wondering)

If so, yes, I did read it. But I dont see what makes her special. Yes, she has the strongest punch and is the best medical ninja (your 1st and 2nd point) but that really dosnt factor into being Hokage material in my book(its a plus but dosnt really define a good Hokage). About her "Personality/Passion/Inner Strength/Spirit", yes she did improve GREATLY over the timeskip, but that only made her on par with characters pre-timeskip lol. For example, even pre-timeskip Lee had the same amount if not a lot more passion/inner stength/spirit as Sakura has post-timeskip. Neji and Naruto too IMO. Yes, she improved, but nothing too special compared to other characters. And about wanting to protect both Naruto and Sasuke now, Naruto has wanted to protect both Sasuke and Sakura for awhile now lol Pretty much all the Naruto cast want to protect people, yes Sakura has matured but again, nothing that makes her more Hokage material then anyone else.

But due to plot reasons, she probably dose have the best shot of being Hokage besides Naruto of the Konoha 12. I just dont see anything special in her character that makes her particularly good for the job over other people.

16. Duality Timediver

Kishimoto himself said: "I definetely think I want Naruto to become next Hokage" so lets not doubt the creator lol.

Anyway Sakura lacks something that Naruto has which is inspiring the crowd and that makes a difference between simply a smart person/strategist and a born leader.

omg I just thought of something.Can Naruto become Hokage with Tsunade already in the position like Sarutobi/fourth and first/second Hokages that were together in lead or this happens in times of war only?

17. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

@Gxzero: You know what would be somewhat cool, but also really...cheesy. If Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were Hokages together. XD

18. Mizura Meh

Lee's is different:
    - firstly it doesn't stem from the desire to protect his precious people.
    - secondly Lee didn't show the explicit will to go beyond those he looks up to. Sakura said of Lee, Naruto and Sasuke (hell everyone) that this time, it's Their time to look at Her back. Lee would never say that of Gai or even Neji (he wants to beat him yes, but it's different from looking at backs).
    - in line with the above: Sakura wants to save those two teammates who are stronger than her and whom she depended on all this time. Do you see Lee going "I'm going to save Neji!" ?

Even Gaara and Neji do not show the will to go Beyond Naruto: Neji says that Naruto's eyes are better than his, he doesn't go "Next time, my eyes will be better than yours." Gaara sees Naruto as his saviour (according to the Hero Book after all), he doesn't go "This time, I'll be the one to save Naruto" either. Sakura knows how strong Naruto is, she also looks up to him, but at the same time she is willing to move Beyond him if it's necessary, in order to protect him. That's her inner strength.

Still, not the same inspirational force. She inspired Chiyo (as Chiyo's brother stated, Chiyo would normally not care about others otherwise), but it's still far from Naruto's inspirational powers.

19. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I'm so glad Meh posted in my thread. She only helps make it so much better with those snazzy facts. ^_^

20. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

If Tsunade can become Hokage after going on a 20 year drinking binge (I love Tsunade, so dont take this the wrong way, but whoah did she ever get off that Hokage beaten track) and saying the title of Hokage wasn't worth shit, then Sakura certainly could in the future too. She will certainly be that level of shinobi.

But is it likely? No. Naruto will likely fill the next Hokage slot, and Konohamaru will likely be the seventh.

21. Razgriez Banned

Hahahaha....

Well, it shows that Kohona can put the past behind them... for some people.

22. Aecen *grin*

Sakura makes great hokage potential...if she wasnt born in the era of the naruto universe...shes not the only one...

23. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Yeah, were there not the need for Naruto to actually become Hokage, potentially working with Konohamaru, I would say she would become teh Hokage!

24. Mizura Meh

Oh by the way, about the potential thing: I think Sakura's potential is probably 5/5 now. I think that like the stats, potentials are evaluations (subject to error) that are made based on the evaluation of a person's current skills and improvement rate.

Why do I think it can change? Now really. Who here Reeeally thinks that Academy Lee would have been given 4/5 in potential? What's more, it is stated that the stats are based on evaluation of a person's performance. It's only natural for the "potential" stat to be the same. Now consider: Sakura's potential was given in databook 1. By then she had showed her perfect chakra control, her incredible smarts, and her genjutsu potential. Thus, I believe her potential might have been evaluated according to how she'd turn out as a genjutsu user alone. But since then, she's added medics and possibly summons to her arsenal. That should push her potential to 5/5.

Similary, Chouji there, was given like... 2/5 in potential? That's probably just Asuma thinking that Chouji is good for being nothing but a fat baka. >.> After Chouji gained the determination to train harder than ever, he probably reached 4/5 as well. Neji might also have reached 5/5 after he got inspired by Naruto and thus works that much harder towards his goals, Kakashi, after slacking off, but having become serious again after what happened to team 7, might go 5/5 as well.

That said, that's my interpretation of the potentials stats. Since they're not even present in databook 2, Kishimoto might have dropped them entirely. :oh

25. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Ah yes, I can see him dropping them. Why? Because this entire generation should be a 5+/5.

26. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

I disagree. One of the things Gai taught Lee is that its best to fight to protect those people precious for you. When it looked like Lee would loose against Gaara, Gai told him to remove the weights and Lee said "But! But Gai-sensei!! Thats only for a time when I must protect many precious people isnt it?!" In the forest of death, Lee showed up to protect Sakura saying "I said it before. That I will protect you until I die." and then later he says "Gai-sensei...I'm going to use this technique without reservation. Because right now is, the time to protect a precious person!" Yes, a lot of his strong will comes from his desire to protect his Nindou, but it also stems from his desire to protect people precious to him (this would include pretty much any of his comrades, after all he risks his life as a ninja going to help get Sasuke back).

Im pretty sure Lee said that he would surpass Neji one day, or atleast that was his goal. Also, I do believe Lee one day hopes to surpass Gai-sensei although he has never come out and said it specifically (Sakura has never said she would surpass Tsunade but its assumed that she will).

Well thats not exactly fair since Neji has never really been in need of being saved, but I do believe that Lee would say that he was going to save Neji if the situation arises. He would do that same for pretty much anyone of his friends.

Lee inspired Gaara. He also has an inspirational force, but also far from Naruto's inspirational powers. I think you are looking into things way to deep to make a case for Sakura lol Namely that "look at my back" or whatever quote from a couple hundred chapters ago since it really didnt amount to anything seeing as she was still useless and dependant on people well after that point.

27. Mizura Meh

He could still use it to rate the baddies though. :p

28. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Well all that I can say is that Kishimoto plans on Naruto and Sasuke being the greatests to surpass everyone. No matter what others potentials are, they will always be higher.

29. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Off-topic, but KN you almost have 6,000 posts. Crazy... Gimme 497 of them! XD

On-topic: Sakura's motherly type protective nature is one of the key things to play into her becoming a medical ninja. Lee on the otherhand, is not a very protective fighter. He's more offensive. Its like... Lee wants to pwn a lot of people, while Sakura wants to heal a lot of people. Ummm...I'm making no sense. I must have used all my sense-making skills for the day. :tem

30. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Yeah as soon as my post count hits 6000 my rank will then be Kage ranked. :)

You wanna be a senior member to get a bigger avatar?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005