1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sakura - Why i changed my opinon on her.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by G. Hawke, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G. Hawke

This is basic a thread done in response to the sudden surge of Anti-Sakura threads that been popping up lately. I, with all due respect, find most of the stuff being said in these threads to border on ludicrous.
    Some even claim that where was virtually no growth in the context of her character.

But before i start just let us get something clear. I am not a Sakura fan, i merely have respect for the character that she has blossomed into. So please dont start with the "You are nothing more than a biased Sakura-Tard!" crap. :notrust

Let us put into perspective the issue that people may have with the part 1 Sakura:
    1) That she was basically a Sasuke-Tard.
    2) That she doesn't really acknowledge Naruto.
    3) That she was horribly weak
    4) And the newest trend. "She socked Sai so that means she is immature."

Did i miss any? Well that is all i can remember so i will just deal with those 4.

1) That she was basically a Sasuke-Tard.
    -Yes she was, i doubt even a Sakura-Tard would deny that. But what was the issue? Did it suddenly become a crime to have a bloody crush? I must have missed the bloody memo then. Yes she had feeling for Sasuke and at the beginning you could claim them as shallow. But what of now. They were friends and teammates for nearly a year i think. Next to Naruto the closest the Uchiha has been connected to in a long time was Sakura. While in the past she worshipped the person that he was presumed to be. The cool, handsome genius that he was hoisted as but in the end she suprisingly better than Naruto knew that deep within his heart he was too weak to resist the gift offered to him by Oro. Mind you that Sakura understood him better in this sense than Naruto. And now when it comes to Sasuke in part 2 it isn't about getting him bed anymore. Yes, i do believe that she does indeed loves him, but up to now her priority in concern to Sasuke was to save him from himself. Not about her feelings or her crush or the fact she more or less acted like a love sick puppy. But to save him, both as teammate and friend.

2) That she doesn't really acknowledge Naruto.
    -In the beginning yes, this was a fact. Actually this was one of the main reasons i hated her in part 1. But obviously if u actually noticed in the course of the manga she did indeed acknowledge him. Minor acknowledgements true but the fact is she did. Let me note a few specific events. (Sorry Miz, but i need to borrow this. I am too lazy to comb the entire manga again.)

~Zabuza arc, when Naruto got back his forehead protector: "What is this feeling? This is Naruto?"
    ~ Chuunin exams, part 1: But that silly dreams of yours, I don't want to see it crushed.
    ~Chuunin exams, part 2, to Sasuke: At least he's not a coward!
    ~ Chuunin exams, part 2: *thinking of Sasuke, Lee AND Naruto* I want to be like you guys.
    ~ Chuunin exams prelims, after Ino fight: Thanks Naruto, if it weren't for you yelling like an idiot, I would have lost.
    ~Chuunin exams prelims, Kiba fight: I used to make fun of those words, but I was wrong. Go Naruto!
    ~ Chuunin exams, part 3, after Naruto's victory: *sigh* I'm a little jealous. When I see you, I feel I have to do my best, that is an incredible thing.
    ~ rooftop: [while she didn't believe Sasuke at first, when he repeated, she smiled at the thought instead of looking disappointed. But Sasuke put it best: She didn't see him go all out. Neji isn't really comparable to a psychopath monster like Gaara, and previously she did see Naruto making a complete fool of himself in most missions.]
    ~ before the Konoha 5 set off on the rescue mission: Only you... (note that there are plenty of other people in Konoha)
    ~ before the Konoha 5 set off on the rescue mission: He understood me all along... (note that acknowledging his strength and knowing that he understood her are two different matters. After all, she knew by then that he was strong, but he did act rather dense around her)
    ~ hospital: (realization of how hard Naruto works) Next time, we'll go together.
    ~ post-timeskip: upon realizing that Naruto has Kyuubi, she cried for him.
    ~ post-timeskip: This time, I'll save them both.

The point where she truly acknowledged him was of course when Naruto promised to bring back Sasuke, she knew that he understood her, thus acknowledging Naruto's for the person that he is rather than the person she was always thought to see.

3) That she was horribly weak
    -Strength has never been an issue with me so i openly admit i don't understand it when people obsess with how good a character is based on how powerful they are. Shouldn't the point of who and what they are be more important? Anyway since people obsess about it i will bring it up. In Part 1 yes she was weak, hell i believed that she was without a doubt the weakest of the lot. So then he had people yapping around about how pathetic she was, how useless she was as a shinobi. It was horribly funniest when it came from Hinata fans. I love Hinata, she is my fav female character but it was funny as hell when you see the very same people who diss Sakura as weak then prattle on about their love for a character who was nearly as weak and without a doubt an inferior shinobi. She use to fail at missions because they unsettle her., at least Sakura didn't. Now on to Part 2 when not only is she useful but actually somewhat powerful, then people complain that she doesn't deserve it or that it came from nowhere. Huh? What is with you people. From day on it has been stated that her strong points are her intelligence and chakra control, perfect for learning medic based ninjutsu. And she has been training for 2.5 years people, how is it a sudden power boost? Honestly you have Kishi telling you that she is talented through the mouths of both Kakashi and Tsunade but u lot persist in ignoring the damm bloody creator of the manga. Sometimes there is no pleasing people..............

4) And the newest trend. "She socked Sai so that means she is immature."
    -This one has to be the crappisest of the lot. I really don't understand how people came to this conclusion. Considering that during the event she successfully completed three major objectives.

~ Stopped Naruto from leaving Sai as nothing more than a bloody mess.
    ~ Stopped Sai from continuing to attempting to get a rise from Naruto.
    ~ Generally insuring peace is kept.

She showed the maturity and composure to make a judgement call that was correct. Kishi was attempting to show her as mature but instead form seeing it form the view of the mangaka some people are so afraid to admit that they were dead wrong about Sakura that they totally twisted the event to suit their own hate and prejudice. Honestly you people are weird.

Note that in the end these are merely my opinions and truthfully i can't tell people how to think.
    And i doubt that this would change the way that Sakura bashers act, but hey.
    I can rant about can't i?

Cheers. :beer

Tags:
  2. BattousaiMS

I agree with you, it's a very good analysis. The fact is those who complain about her are usually her haters because she happens to be the lead female so she gets dibs above all other females and thus putting their favorite female from shinning. Of course the truth is that they are simply to ignorant to realize that it's not her fault since we have seen secondary characters recieving no effect from her dominant position => Temari.

There are also those who over hype her and that is bad also, since no she isn't the strongest of the bunch and certainly not the most powerful. She is a support ninja, every hero groupe has one and she is the one. Her services come to alot of help since weather you like it or not, you always need a supporter in a team. So those people shuld accept her position and stop trying to shove her in the troat of others as a "strong female who can pwn Akatsuki virtually by herself" or similar sentances, since she can't she is a supporter and she is very useful at her job.

As for those who hate her because she didn't acknowledge Naruto since the begining, well you know what, the lead character never gets his girl from the start he has some obstacle to pass before gaining her trust and then her love. By the end of part 1, this resentment should have dissapated since she did acknowledge him and she did show that she trusted him more then her crush. So those who still hold that against her are usually people who wish to see Naruto end up with someone else. But guess what, wehather you like it or not, there is 90% chance that she will end up with him more then any other girls we have seen in the series, so live with it.

3. FitzChivalry

Good air tight defense, Althor. I don't really understand why all of the bashing is happening now, either.

Now brace yourself.:)

4. G. Hawke

I was so sure that people were going to note how long it was and ignore it.
    Thanks guys.

Heh, i will do what i have to do if that crops up. :amuse

5. Mizura

Just one thing, BattousaiMS: let's not turn this into a pairings debate. ^^;

But as said: her relationship in regards to Both her teammates has Vastly improved over the years. She no longer views Naruto as just some idiot out to interfere with her love life, but as a friend who understands her and whom she admires. She no longer does nothing but whine after "Sasuke-kun", she can talk about him without going all girly (see chapter 285), and while she did get angry at Sai's comments, both she and Naruto felt righteous indignation at Sai's assumptions about a person they're actually supposed to Save. But as Althor pointed out, instead of going all out and having a massacre happen, she held back, gave a warning shot, and ultimately made a good decision.

She has gone from a weakling who does nothing but rely on others, to a capable kunoichi who is going all out to help those who need it, starting from her teammates, but without neglecting missions at hand or others in the same go, like when she took the fatal blow for Chiyo. Kishimoto said in an interview that he intended to start Sakura as someone that isn't "immediately likeable". So the bad first impressions were intentional, but it doesn't mean that Kishimoto intended her to stay bad forever. Rather, this gave her so much more room to grow, and grow she did.

6. Chiru

It was too long. I ignored it. jk! lol I like this thread a lot. It sums up everything pretty well, and I agree with most of what I read (XD). I really don't understand why the Sakura bashing is appearing now of all times... Hmm...

7. FitzChivalry

But your long essay slows the bashing down.:thumbs Now we'll see how dedicated "they" are.:shifty

8. Alia_Atreides

Here is the problem, I think: people were expecting more of her now, especially after her fight with Sasori... And with Sasuke out of the picture, and now even Kakashi is not on the team, all there is from the old team are Naruto and Sakura... Its naturally that more is expected from her. People want her to be strong and mature, funny but not too silly, sexy but romantic...
    But I have to agree that Sakura is much better now, shes actually a ninja, and really good in that medical-nin stuff. Ok, she is still a Sasuketard, many will say, but, she at least cares about others. However, she is not so funny as she use to be, I think.
    Well, thats all I think. Im not a big Sakura fan myself, but I really like her ten times more now.
    :)

9. Gallic Rush

I can't believe I need to go over those REGURGITATED QUOTES.

"What is this feeling? This is Naruto?"

Great, she could feel his amazing chakra... but that doesn't show acknowledgement in any way, shape, or form.

"But that silly dreams of yours, I don't want to see it crushed."

Yeah that was great acknowledgement... thinking Naruto was "silly" to think of becoming Hokage.... wait no it wasn't.

"I want to be like you guys."

She acknowledged she wasn't better than him. The thought she was conveying was really more like: "I'm a shitty kunoichi, I'm in truth worse than Naruto." It wasn't, "I'm worse than Naruto because he's so good." Keep in mind that the chapter was about Sakura becoming stronger.

"Thanks Naruto, if it weren't for you yelling like an idiot, I would have lost."

Great, she called him an idiot and thanked him... HOW IS THIS SHIT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT?!?! She accepted that without him she would have lost, but again, there's no indication that she is acknowledging him as a person, or his abilities.

"I used to make fun of those words, but I was wrong. Go Naruto!"

To me, that meant, "I was wrong to have made fun of you." All she's saying is that she "used to make fun of those words." Refering to Naruto saying, "I'm going to make everyone in the village acknowledge me."

"I'm a little jealous. When I see you, I feel I have to do my best, that is an incredible thing."

She said she was jealous of his ethic, and that "I feel I have to do my best" is an incredible thing... She didn't say Naruto was incredible :S

"~ rooftop: [while she didn't believe Sasuke at first, when he repeated, she smiled at the thought instead of looking disappointed. But Sasuke put it best: She didn't see him go all out. Neji isn't really comparable to a psychopath monster like Gaara, and previously she did see Naruto making a complete fool of himself in most missions.]"

Thank you for bringing this up. First, to address the "smile," if I had the know-how I would post the pic, but I will describe it as a half-hearted smile, almost sad. Her eyes are sort of narrowed and the smile isn't very big. Second, I would like to point out that she was POSITIVE Sasuke was the one who saved her, and needed to be convinced otherwise. Funny, seeing as how Naruto is superior to Sasuke in fighting ability, you'd think he'd have gotten first dibs to credit.

"Only you..."

Great, she's using Naruto as a tool to get to Sasuke. That's really some great acknowle--- THAT'S NOT FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

"He understood me all along... (note that acknowledging his strength and knowing that he understood her are two different matters. After all, she knew by then that he was strong, but he did act rather dense around her)"

I have no idea what the hell you mean by this... She knew he was stronger than she was... which was pretty damned obvious and took her long enough to realize. But she never "acknowledged" his true strength. Ergo she thought Sasuke to be of superior ability.

"(realization of how hard Naruto works) Next time, we'll go together."

One, she's using him as a Sasuke-getting-tool again, and two, that's not acknowledgement, it's realizing he is a tool...

"upon realizing that Naruto has Kyuubi, she cried for him."

That isn't acknowledgement either. Do you even know what acknowledgement is? Feeling sorry for someone and acknowledging them are two entirely different things.

"This time, I'll save them both."

Eh-- was this in the Sasori fight? Cuz I remember a similar quote pre-timeskip. In any event, what I construed it to mean was that she wanted to save Sasuke from Orochimaru, and Naruto from pain. Again, I don't see how that's acknowledgement...

I could go on and on, but this subject is really wearing thin. I covered everything mentioned in your post already in another thread and don't want to repeat myself more than I already am.

10. G. Hawke

You and i would have no problems with each other. :tem
    That is more or less what i am trying to say.
    You dont have to like or love her.
    Heck, i am not really a fan or anything. I merely acknowledge the character that she has grown into. I respect the conviction she has shown by improving herself.
    I like her yes, but i am hardly a fanboy.
    It just annoys me when people refuse to push aside their pre-defined prejudice and see what she has become.

@Gallic Rush :
    I am gonna ignore you. :oh
    You have already been pwned everytime you bash Sakura, so i am not going to bother. :tem

11. spirit3d

I actually read the entire first post. I didn't think I'd have the patience to. :p

As a newbie, I am amazed by the Sakura-hate on these forums.
    Hope I'm not being too blunt...but I don't get why there is an underlying need to twist every postive thing Sakura does into some malicious motive on her part to get Sasuke back. :blink

On my actual thoughts of Sakura... Never liked her in part 1. :smile-big
    But shes cool in my books now, for reasons everyone else gave.

12. Mizura

Gallic_Rush: if Sakura only views Naruto as a tool, then why did she state Twice that she wanted to save him as well? And for your information, we've already stated this but apparently you skipped right over it, this was stated:
    - on the trip during the sand, right after Sakura first mentioned Itachi and co. The very last panel had her swearing to save both her teammates.
    - and during the Sasori fight.

Since you've even managed to miss those though, it's obvious that you didn't even bother to read the manga carefully, so I guess that's that. :oh

And while You might not see it as acknowledgement, Naruto obviously does. When he thinks of the first people to have come to accept him, Sakura is right there. She's among those who "saved him from the pain of loneliness".

13. G. Hawke

.....................Ok, gushing aside.
    In the end, as Miz said, Naruto himself knows that Sakura acknowledges him.
    Thus the fact is that your view on the situation dont really matter.
    How can your opinion mean or matter more than Naruto's? :huh

14. OniTasku

Great job, Althor. And yes, I did entirely read it.

I think you did a great job in analyzing the information and intrepting it in your own fashion. I'm not really a huge Sakura fan, though I'll admit that I never did any Sakura bashing. I'm not one to bash certain characters unless things just become out of hand. That latest Sakura-bashing issue just blows my mind. How someone can get angry and start bashing Sakura just because of that is beyond me. In fact, I was glad, very glad, that Sai got punched in the face, I believe he deserved that much.

Sakura has grown up a lot since Part 1, and she's become a very capable shinobi and is becoming quite mature. Her actions, her feelings, represent this and I'm pretty sure that Kishimoto intended Sakura to kind of grow on people, as this is what is gradually happening with me.

Glad to see that there are others who are just tired of this senseless bashing of characters. I can definitely relate to that, even though I'm more of a Hinata fan myself. Sakura's a great character in the series and she plays a fairly vital role now in Part 2.

Rep for the great post.

15. Gallic Rush

This is just a repeat of everything we've gone over before, Meh. Do you really want to get into the same argument again?

This was just so retarded I had to respond to it. Do you know how many people are in that picture? Kiba, Shino, Shikamaru, lots of random adults, etc. You're putting way too much faith into one picture. BTW, saving someone from "the pain of loneliness" doesn't mean you acknowledge them :S.

Yeah, I know that... I was asking which one he was refering to. I took post timeskip to mean that he was probably refering to Sasori fight but I wanted to be sure. In any event, I've already told you why that doesn't mean jack-shit.

This is more of your bull-shit, I didn't skip over it, I clearly addressed it. My exact words were, "In any event, what I construed it to mean was that she wanted to save Sasuke from Orochimaru, and Naruto from pain. Again, I don't see how that's acknowledgement..."

Do you want me to post in bigger so you don't miss it this time? Here:
    "In any event, what I construed it to mean was that she wanted to save Sasuke from Orochimaru, and Naruto from pain. Again, I don't see how that's acknowledgement..."

Did you not bother to read everything? What a load of bull-shit....

He does? She does? What? How the hell do you figure that?

16. G. Hawke

Actaully i am not going to bother anymore.
    Sakura fans and other more sensible fans have already thrown loads of proof that Sakura did indeed acknowledge Naruto.
    You want to continue ignore it?
    Well fine then, go off and live in that little fantasy world of yours where Sakura is some sort of evil Naruto using bitch.
    Cheers. :beer

17. Scorpio3.14

I again reserve judgement on Sakura until Sasuke re-appears. THAT will be the true test of her character in part 2.

18. OniTasku

You just want to continue to argue about it even when the evidence is pilled up against you.

19. Mizura

What is your definition of acknowledgement anyway? =\

20. sonnie_skies

althor. i love you. sakura is flawed but SO IS EVERYONE. it bothers me how so many people hate sakura. they usually have such flimsy excuses for it when it comes to actually defending it. if you don't like a character, i think that's fine, but flaming people who like them or bashing the character in sticky caps is really not a way to win over others.

i'm glad you put a lot of thought into your post. i'm starting to like her more and more; and i didn't in the beginning, but i don't think she was meant to be liked early on. she was petty, bratty, and completely static. she's gotten stronger, has much better judgment, and doesn't need sasuke so much as she needs to see him just to move on, just as naruto does. i hate when everyone attacks her, saying that "all she wants is to see sasuke and she hates naruto." ...why wouldn't she want to see him? the girl needs closure. and hating naruto? mizura has totally kicked everyone's ass on the subject.

(i read your whole post, too ^^)

21. Chiru

@Gallic Rush: Really... If someone says they wish to save someone...it seems they've done more than acknowledge them. Not only has she recognized him, but she considers him a close friend and a great comrade. Like Mizura said, how do you define acknowledgement?

22. Jam

I am not a Sakura fan, but I don't bash her. I've even defended her a few times. But I have my own reasons for disliking her. A lot of the bashing is really starting to get pathetic. The way stubborn anti-Sakura people tend to twist everything she does into some selfish ploy to only benefit herself is absolutely ridiculous.

23. Bronwen

I really didn't mind that she was a Sasuke-tard or didn't respect Naruto so much as to completely disregard him in everything he tries to do for her but the fact that she was weak and that for the better part of pre-timeskip, she didn't do anything to change herself completely. She moped, she weep, she tried - sure - but really, she didn't really try hard enough for herself. She had no goals for herself, she had no desire to be strong, to stand up for what she believes in. It wasn't until Sasuke left when she forces herself to reanalyze everything about herself and the people she cares about that she realize if she continues to watch from behind, nothing will happen.

And post-time skip Sakura happened. I have mounts of respect for her now. Especially her change in attitude with Naruto. I like that she has more respect for him now than she did before, I like that the bond between the three of them: Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto seems to be stronger than before and before the time skip, they were unequal in their desires but now they are equal - the future Sannin.

I'm not quite sure if I love her yet or not cuz god knows Naruto needs more kick-ass kunoichi and she is one of them, but hehe, the latest chapter is kinda funny especially with her fake smile and putting the smack down on Sai...

24. G. Hawke

No it would not have been. Because Naruto attack would been driven by rage and he would have showed no restrain. :oh
    Sakura can break boulders, yet all she did was bruise him. Which means she showed tremendous restrain, intending to warm him to shut up only.

Yes she did. U misunderstand her motives.
    She did take offense yes, but the fact is she punched him, told him to shut up and then made no attempt to continue the attack. She was basicly just telling to stuff it.
    I doubt teamwork would have been possible if Sai kept on egging on Naruto.
    So yes she made a judgement call, and a damm fine one.

Yes she did.
    A tremendous amount of maturity in fact.
    Like i said she could have punched right through his head if she wanted to but she didn't.
    She made a mature and smart call to stop the crap before it decended into Naruto and Sai beating each other up.

25. Mizura

Actually, by then, it was pretty much over. Sai got the message and that was that. Yamata decided to work on the teamwork even more, but Sakura took care of a big part of the situation.

Sakura showed maturity by holding back when Naruto would have probably not. She showed that she can be polite, but that she won't stand for insults either. These are shinobi, a show of power is sometimes necessary to back up statements.

26. Rose

OMG! I love you ! Marry me!

I absolutly agree with you. Its just because of one measly punch to Sai that was caused by Sai bad-mouthing about Sasuke, who is A teamate, friend and crush to her, has all the anti-Sakura at it again. To be honest I find that part in chapter 286 where she punched Sai to be the worst thing to bash her about.

To be honest I think that whole chapter was to show how she has grown and matured, personality-wise, while back with her fighting with Sasori was to show us how she is grown in strebgth.

I bet anything that the next time Sakura say's anything about Sasuke again , Sakura bashers will be at again saying she hasn't matured or she is still obsessed and so on and so forth...

People have their likes and dislike and that is perfectly okay. It's just the pointless ( if there had been a reasonable point to those kinds of post, it be another story) bashing and flames that are directed towards Sakura or her fans and likers(<--- that word comes from the mana_moon dictionary:cool ) to be truly ridiculouse.

And off-course I read the post!!^___^

I personally like Sakura even more now.

And admit it everyone that punch was awesome!!

btw: You can find the Mana_Moon dictionary at your local Wal-Mart.

27. Gallic Rush

You people are so full of shit. I respond categorically to each and every quote and then you just say, "You ignored it," or, "you skipped it," or "you missed it." I'm getting sick of your bull-shit. I responded directly to your post and if you can't respond back then fine, but don't say I just ignored everything when my response is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

Main Entry: ac?knowl?edge
    Pronunciation: ik-'n?-lij, ak-
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -edged; -edg?ing
    Etymology: ac- (as in accord) + knowledge
    1 : to recognize the rights, authority, or status of

Simple enough for you? Or do I need to shorten it up a bit?

WHAT THE FUCK NO IT DOESN'T. WHERE THE HELL IS THE LOGIC IN THAT?! There can be so many different and varied reasons for saving someone that it is in no way an indication of acknowledgement.

Why do you say that? And don't give me the same reasons that Althor did because I responded to that pile of dung already.

28. Nara_Shikamaru246

tr.v. ac·knowl·edged, ac·knowl·edg·ing, ac·knowl·edg·es

a)To admit the existence, reality, or truth of.
    b)To recognize as being valid or having force or power.

a)To express recognition of: acknowledge a friend's smile.
    b)To express thanks or gratitude for.

To report the receipt of: acknowledge a letter.

Law. To accept or certify as legally binding: acknowledge a deed.

SOURCE:

According to the first and second definition I would say Sakura acknowledges Naruto.

29. Mizura

She was angry, but she held back in order to get the best overall results rather than just satisfy hers and Naruto's want to completely beat up Sai. You act as thought she went all berserk on him. No she didn't. She showed that she can hold back: as she did while holding back Naruto. But she also showed that despite being able to hold back, she won't stand for nonsense. She made a display of power for this much like Yamato did by starting a jutsu for nothing, and she did it to get her point across. She could have just destroyed a boulder, but giving minimal damage to Sai works better. Sai came out of this intact, but with the message across. I don't see what more you could ask of anybody.

What rights, authority and status? When has Sakura ever denied any of his rights? When has she denied his status (which is just genin anyway).

Sakura acknowledges Naruto in the following ways:
    - as a good example: stated when she said that she wanted to be like Naruto, Lee and Sasuke.
    - as someone who motivates her to do better: stated after Neji fight.
    - she acknowledges his dream to be Hokage: after all she said that she was wrong to have made fun of them.
    - as someone strong: see above, see trust she put into Kiba fight.
    - as someone she trusts: stated before rescue mission. She also confided in Naruto for Sasuke's curse seal when even Sasuke told her not to tell: because she trusted Naruto.
    - as someone who understands her: she stated this as Naruto left.
    - as someone who has always helped her: "you've always helped me". There was also that thanks for the Ino match.
    - as a teammate whom she will walking besides: next time we'll go together.
    - she acknowledges his pain: if her crying doesn't show that I don't know what does.
    - as someone important to her: she wants to save him and Sasuke in equal measures now.

Alright now, how does she not acknowledge him? :huh

30. sonnie_skies

Believe it or not, Sakura was controlled. She didn't "lose her temper." When she went up to him and slugged him it was completely premeditated. Naruto was about to freak out; nothing would have changed between the three of them.

It wasn't Sakura's typical spaz reaction to Naruto, where she launches herself on him and hits him. That's supposed to be brotherly-sisterly and comedic. This was different. Sakura's NOT the type to hit strangers for saying things she doesn't agree with. It wasn't out of anger, it was because Sai truly had no right to say what he did, even if it was out of hurt. You can hate someone and still not want to hear someone talk shit about them when they don't even know them or take into consideration their circumstances.

He claims the role of peacemaker arbitrarily. You even said it "could've gotten more serious" instead of "would have." We don't know what would have happened. Both Sakura and Naruto were sort of staring at Sai when the jutsu was performed.

I don't know how mature it was, but I still think it was what the situation needed. Words obviously weren't working. Some people have the bad beaten in, some need the bad beaten out. People react to things a different way. Most males in Naruto respond to getting their asses handed to them. Sakura just gave him a relatively light (for her power level) punch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.