1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Roleplaying Section is hosting their latest create-a-character contest. This month's theme is "Magical Girls."

Check it out here!.
    Dismiss Notice

Sakura

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by BorutoGoatUzumaki, Apr 15, 2018.

1. BorutoGoatUzumaki New Member

I've been on some forums and youtube and I still don't get why there is still calling Sakura useless I get that she was in part 1 and in part 2 and boruto she is better so why is their some people that can't let go of the past and congratulate her on her accomplishments

Tags:
  2. koton123 Banned

Anybody could have been her, she was just there at the right time. She is just favoured by the plot and that's it.
    1. She got put in the same team with the main characters making her one of them too
    2. She was the only person allowed to be trained by Tsunade, again this is only because the plot.
    3. She would have been nothing without Tsunade's training.
    4. She straight up exploited Naruto to save Sasuke in the first part and made him feel guilty for how long.
    6. Literally a 2 faced person, in the first part of Naruto when you saw her dark side of what she was thinking off shes a schitzophrenic, 2 faced being.
    7. Anyone could have been her, Tenten, Ino

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. RahulPK04 Well-Known Member

I despise her character but even I know that she isn't useless by any stretch of imagination..She is annoying asf though..And being Tsunade 2.0 doesn't really help her case much..She is both annoying and redundant..I'm gonna blame kishi for this because it's due to his inability to think of something unique for Sakura that we are stuck with Tsunade 2.0..And the gall she had to claim that she had caught upto Naruto and Sasuke just increases the annoying quotient

4. clip clop

The biggest disservice to Sakura's character development is Sasuke.

I really enjoyed her growth in Shippuden, both in terms of ability and in terms of persona - her abilities as a close-range fighter and a medic nin were badass, and I thought her nerdy, short-tempered tomboy persona was the funnest out of all the other female characters.

I think Kishimoto really solidified his incompetency in being a consistent writer in terms of female character growth when Sakura responded to Sasuke's apology in the last few chapters with a "sorry for what?" Like bitch are you fucking kidding me????? "Sorry for what"??? Do you have amnesia or some shit? The motherfucker abandoned you and tried to murder your ass several times????? He calls your ass "annoying" every chance he gets??? Like damn bitch learn to love yourself cause that's a whole 'nother level of self loathing

5. saradax 9th Hokage

I'll take some of your salt for my popcorn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. koton123 Banned

you can't say why I'm wrong because you know i'm right

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  7. koton123 Banned

damn some people give there opinion with n0thing to back it up. Damn some people

8. Subarashii Obaa-chan

First impressions die hard, and Kishi's terrible writing of female characters as being tropes doesn't help. They all could have ended up with people who are way better than them (or no one at all, why did they need to pair up?) but Kishi puts Sakura with the Chris Brown of Konoha and puts Hinata with someone who barely knows she exists? Great writing.

At this point, I think the Sakura hate is just a carry over from her horrible introduction and negation of any of her positive attributes due to bad writing.

9. DeadSpark New Member

She gave the team an extra mission to save her ass as well every time the team went out on a mission. So you had to save her ass like a thousand times for her to be useful every once in a while.

But tbh there are a lot of reasons aprt from that. This guy explains it nicely....

10. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

I think she is a pretty decent character. It's hard to be loved when people just see your faults. Although she has a lot of them she also has great things plus people like to pick and choose what equates as useful so yeah.

11. BorutoGoatUzumaki New Member

1. Just like naruto and sasuke was put on the same team cause plot...
    2. So was ino...
    3. Just like naruto would be nothing without kakashi and jiraya...
    4. She was not aware of doing that and part 2 she literally tried to make him stop doing that but he wanted sasuke
    5. You skipped the number 5 for some reason
    6. That wasn't her dark side it was how she was feeling inside...
    7. Than why weren't they ino was trained by tsunade why didn't she and ino wanted to be like tsunade but she didn't. ..

12. koton123 Banned

1. Naruto is the main character so it makes sense. :drake
    2. No she wasn't check again
    3. Hmmmmmmmm lets look at this...
    Naruto is the legacy of the 4th hokage AND is has the nine tails within him AND is being target by a group of psycopath killers so it makes sense he is being trained by one of the sannin.

Sasuke was from the most strongest clan in history so it makes sense he would be trained as they saw potential in him.

You tell me what Sakura is...
    She got ''randomly'' selected out of how many ninja by infamous Tsunade
    4. She was aware how injured naruto was after he was in hospital, and still presuaded him to save him. And only after how many years, she tried to kill sasuke by being obedient to her then suddenly try to backstab him. Slimey snake

6. Yes and it was completely different to how she acted outside, that's why i called her 2 face.
    7. Haven't you been listening to this conversation at all? Have you got short term memory loss? It's because PLOT
    P
    L
    O
    T

13. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

She's a main character yet she's amounted to nothing which is why most consider her useless. She had so many chances to shine, yet she failed to do so She had so many chances to make the right decisions, yet again she failed to do so. This is mostly kishi's fault tho, he doesn't know how to write her.

15. Kuzehiko

I assume it's because of her character in part 1. She was truly annoying but in part 2 she was better. The fanbase can not get over it. :catshrug

16. oMeGa1904 Master of Disguise

Mostly first impressions. If you are using "she was favored by plot" then the answer is "no shit main characters are". The plot just is authorial intent. Sakura was as destined as being in T7 as was Sasuke or Naruto. She was foreshadowed to train with Tsunade from the start and she was foreshadowed to even her powerups. As long as it's foreshadowed it's OK in my books. It's not forced if you are been given "cues" for her development.

And even if she was favored by plot she's still not useless. And making her Tsunade 2.0 amount to even being much more useful than any random ninja. As to why she's useless to certain fanbase is just certain fanbase's problem or they just got stuck with part 1 Sakura, who was lacking in fighting department.