1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Sally (Rades and Valtos) Joining The Bulls Would Be Brilliant

Discussion in 'Black Clover' started by Tayimus, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Tayimus Number One

I was rereading the last couple of chapters, still marveling at how well Sally fit in with the Bulls. Bulls that Sally hadn't even had contact with before like Aster, Gauche, and Noelle. This led me to start wondering how it would be if Sally (and to a lesser extent, Rades and Valtos) really did join the Bulls, and I believe it'd make almost perfect sense.

If we remember, Sally, Rades and Valtos, as well as the rest of the humans in the White Night Eyes, are all outcasts of the Clover Kingdom for one reason or another. They each were eventually picked up by Fake Licht and given an actual home. They praised Fake Licht as they're savior, and looked to each other as family. Has any of that sounded familiar?

Yes, what was most interesting about the White Night Eyes was that they seemed to be a dark counterpart of the Black Bulls. Each of the Bulls were outcasts, look down upon by society. Yami gave them a place to call home, comrades to protect and be protected by. They love each other like family.

Perhaps, this similarity should have clued us in since Yami and Fake Licht have opposite affinities. Perhaps, there was an underlying dichotomy between how they really felt about their subordinates. And that came to a head when Fake Licht betrayed and sacrificed (GRIFFITH!) Sally, Rades, Valtos and all the humans of White Night Eyes.

I think that Tabata might just be gearing up to have Sally, Rades and Valtos join the Black Bulls, and has been making the case for it for over a hundred chapters. The Black Bulls are the family that Sally and the others thought the White Night Eye was. The Bulls won't manipulate them, won't abandon them. Through the Bulls, they'll find new purpose.

However, the biggest obstacle to this are the crimes that each of them are guilty of. Off the top of my head, Sally commited robbery of Mana from dozens of children, Valtos participated in the dismemberment of a Captain, and Rades... Good Lord, Rades... It will be quite the daunting task for the Bulls to vouch for these three, to actually claim responsibility for them. And it'll be equally daunting for Clover to even allow the Bulls to do so. But I think it'll happen, but not before the three go to jail and serve time for their crimes. We know that Neige is already in the process of this, so there IS precedent.

What do you all think about this. Would it be an ass pull, another example of "Defeat Means Friendship," or is there an underlying reason why Sally and the others could eventually join the Black Bulls?

Tags:
  2. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

I can see Sally joining her smarts could be helpful as proven with the last couple of chapters, I'm not to sure about Rades due to his abilities, I don't really see them being helpful in battles and we already have Finral so Valtos is disqualified.

3. Tayimus Number One

You bring up nice points. With Rades, I imagine his specialty will go into Soul Magic instead of Death/Corpse Magic. If it stays as is, then yeah, he probably won't become a Bull. Valtos, I imagine will just be killed. But yeah, Sally is the real one I wholeheartedly believe will be a Bull. She's the only one that got a deal that extends to after the conflict with the elves is over.

Though, now I wonder if Neige will become a Bull. I've always believed that Noelle will eventually be able to manipulate her water to make steam and ice. If that happens, Neige's Snow Magic will be made a bit redundant.