1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sandaime Hokage (Sarutobi Prime) vs. Jiraiya and Yondaime.

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Mibu Clan, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Mibu Clan

Well, I think that neither Yondaime nor Jiraija can take him, and being that he is in his prime I think that there is no contest here....

Oro in his old age took 2 Kages and did pretty good against them...

Tags:
  2. TheoDerek

Jiraiya and Yondaime IMO. Sandaime was said to be the greatest nin ever but that doesn't mean he can stomp two people of this calibur. Also, the way I look at it none of the Hokages were that far apart in power. Its just that the third was a bit better than the rest.

3. GSurge

I say Jiraiya and Yondaime. Sarutobi Prime could have beaten Orochimaru, but if Orochimaru was backed up by Yondaime? Doubt it. This is a similar situation, and this is the kind of anime where two people not-quite-as-strong as another character can certainly take them down.

4. Grrblt

I am of the opinion that Yondaime could take him alone. But we know too little of every fighter here to be able to make a case for it. We've seen Yondaime own some Joe-schmoes, Sandaime has failed to achieve draw against Oro by using moves he didn't even know in his prime, and Jiraiya has shown that he can do a rasengan. That's about it. That means this is going to turn into another thread with various quotes of who was the greater Hokage, something I'll try to avoid.

Yondaime wins. Bye.

5. Tautou

He couldn't defeat Orochimaru in his old age. What are the chances he'd be so much more powerful in his prime that he could defeat Yondaime and Jiraiya at the same time?

6. Gunners

Seeing as i beleive Yondaime to be better than Sarutobi, adding jiriyia it is pretty much obvious who i think would win.

7. Keyser S?ze

jiraiya and yondaime would win this match.

8. Mibu Clan

Its not Yondaime who Oro praises, and its not Yondaime the one considered the Strongest of all Hokages.

And remember that he is in his prime.

9. Last of the Uchihas

He would bitch slap both Yondaime and Jiraiya, pwn Kyuubi during the process and then go to the strip club.

You don't get the title Strongest Hokage in history and God of the Shinobis for nothing.

10. Keyser S?ze

i doubt even sandaime could take jiraiya and yondaime.

11. Gunners

Just a statement.

How do you know yondaime wasnt the most powerful hokage, i mean he didnt get a lot of time to shine did he, sarutobi had a long time to be reconised as the most powerful hokage.

When Yondaime was hokage he probably had the title for what 2 years, no wars were going on so people didnt get to what he was capable of.

As far as im concerned he defeated the most powerful yuma, that the whole village couldnt defeat.

Plus he seems like the guy ordinary people didnt know the half of what he could do.

12. Tautou

Orochimaru hasn't been put in a position to speak of Yondaime, and I've already explained why that title doesn't prove Sarutobi is stronger.

And I don't remember Sarutobi being said to have been the strongest shinobi in history.

Yondaime and Jiraiya together >>>> Orochimaru

Sarutobi prime >>> old Sarutobi

How could it be reasonable to think otherwise?

13. Naruto_Heart

hahahahaha

Ludicrous!

In order to associate myself with the current trend,

i would say Prime Sandaime,

after all he's the god of shinobi.

PS: See, mate, this thread is the ultimate authentication to our well thought 'hypothesis' over at the other thread, do not commit any sedition!

14. Gunners

The way the story is told, Yondaime is the mstery guy, nothing down to his name i known about him.

Therefore i beleive him to be stronger than certain individuals, sandaime being one as his importance died quite early in the manga seeing as he is dead.

Yondaime still lingers due to why he was late, what he was capable of, is he naruto farther?

He didnt have the time to shine, that is why sarutobi seen as the god of shinobi. Even if Yondaime was proven to be stronger Sarutobi would still keep the name ''god of shinobi'' because he set the example to every other shinobi to reach that level.

Yondaime imo surpassed him, i didnt see sarutobi sealing kyuubi he knew the technique before yondaime died, if you asked me he failed using the technique on orochimaru ending it premeture.

My opinion is Prime sandaime is over rated.

15. Cthulhu-versailles

Is this thread meant to be like a Sarutobi bashing thread ? Seriously Imo 2 on1.

-If either yondaime or jiraiya is 3/4's as strong as prime sarutobi then there combined assault would prove to be to much.

...Then again prime sarutobi could just spam A prime attack :amazed!

-I'm curious how do you defeat yondaime flicker, without having an ultimate defense?

And if prime sarutobi knows all techs... does he know gates? And can he spit lakes... or use Baki's technique?

16. Devil King Sanji

..Like Kakashi said, a Gennin alone couldn't take down a Jounin but together they might.

Seriously, I think this thread is unfair.

You have two Kage Level Shinobi's vs. God of Kage Shinobi's.

In my opinion, Yondaime and Jiraiya would win BUT, they would be heavily wounded, or one of them dies.

17. Jonas

We've got Jiraiya who is Hokage level as well as Yondaime.
    No one in the Narutoworld has been proving that they could take two Hokages at once.
    Edo Tensei is not considered as the *real* Hokages.

So no, why would prime Sarutobi win? It's basiclly two Hokage level nins versus one. Even though Saruboti was hailed as the strongest of the 5 Hokages, the gap between the Hokages aint that great. The one who will really differ that gap will be Naruto.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  18. Robotkiller

Sarutobi could probably beat yodaime in his prime but not Jiraiya AND yodaime he would certainly give then a fight and maybe kill one of them but not together.

I do agree though that sarutobi prime >>>> all others.

19. Kamendex

lawl, he is just doing what Last of the Uchihas always did, praising Sarutobi because he hates Yondaime and Jiraiya...

lol, your not as good as LOTU at this though

edit-Sarutobi ftw

20. Sunuvmann

Jiraya & Yonadaime would probably win. Sarutobi would whoop them both pretty good but Jiraya would in desperation have the enlightenment to do...

SEXY NO JUTSU!

Come on you know Jiraya is pervert enough to either have copied Naruto's technique (or if talking about pre-Naruto) invent it in desperation.

Either way it would KO Sandaime and if not that, then it would provide enough of an opening for Yondaime to unleash a flaming can of butt whoop.

21. ShounenSuki

The Sandaime might have been the strongest, but there's no way he could defeat two of the strongest ninja in the series.

22. Chamcham Trigger

I don't know if it's been too clear to me on who was superior between prime Sandaime and Yondaime, but I do know that Yondaime and Jiraiya would probably be too much for him...though he did fare well against the first two Hokage's along with Orochimaru in his geezer form.

23. MajinRyu

24. Kamendex

The guy who didnt wither and decay infront of Naruto's eyes, and the guy who is linked to him having a demon in his body

25. Chatulio

Oro has never been old :S he had already gone through 1 body and was already in his second so he has always been in a young body.

26. Terumaru

Together Yondaime, and Jiraiya would beat him

27. Grep

I have always been under the impression that Yondaime was the greatest Hokage because they said it on the first episode. I think when Iruka said that Sandaime was he said it because the third was there with him and he was kissing up. It seems like the third thinks Yondaime is stronger as well as the other ninja, Anko said "If only the fourth were here" when Sandaime said that no one in Konoha could beat Orochimaru she didn't say, "If only you were in your prime. There is also the thing about Jiraiya saying that his skills were unmatched through history. Yondaime vs. Sandaime is debatable, but add Jiraiya and it really isn't. No one knows really anything about Yondaime, but I do know that he invented three very powerful jutsu, I also know that Sandaime cannot do the Rasengan so it's not like he knows EVERY technique in the village. Another debatable topic is, what is Sandaime's Prime? Jiraiya is 50 and he seems to be one of the most powerful characters and know one has said that he is weak because of being old. So if 30-50 is your prime (I say 30-50 because when your younger you wouldn't know as many jutsu as you would, you would also have less experience) then I would say that Yondaime took over as Hokage when Sandaime was in his 50's so doesn't that mean that Yondaime had become the strongest ninja?

I am not saying Sandaime is weaker than Yondaime I am saying that it is very close I mean from what I have seen Sandaime almost seems to look up to Yondaime and lets not forget who taught who the death god jutsu.

28. Satetsu

I think that if Jiraiya said that Yondaime's power was unrivaled throughout history and he was yet to be at his prime then that gots to say something. Plus having a ninja worthy of the title hokage...Jiraiya by himself would lose and maybe Yondaime by himself but I think that both would be too much for Sandaime to handle.

Also is Jiraiya and Yondaime at their prime against sandaime prime?

29. Pride

Sandaime may be regarded as the Strongest Ninja and Greatest Hokage, but in my opinion, he was never and never would have been in a position where he would fight Yondaime. I don't think that even Sandaime would be able to take on Yondaime's techniques. But he was a smart fellow, who mastered many jutsus, so I guess he deserves that title more than Yondaime.

Anyways even if Sandaime was stronger than Yondaime, they would be at the same level or close to the same level. Sandaime is not that more powerful than Yondaime, that you can throw in someone like Jiraiya, and expect him to win.

30. Keyser S?ze

yondaime and jiraiya, it's 2 on 1. sarutobi would lose to his successor and his student. both are too powerful together to be done in by any 1 shinobi (that we've seen so far)