1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Sandaime Vs Yondaime + Tsunade. ALL IN PRIME.

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Aman, May 2, 2005.

What do you think?

1. Sandaime wins easily.

26 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Two Hokages is to much for Sandaime.

56 vote(s)
    50.9%
  3. Yondi and Tsunade wins, but one of them dies.

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. Tie. Naruto comes, knocks all of them, and becomes the Hokage!

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Since Sandaime is the greatest ninja ever (in prime) it's obvius that he'll be able to beat the fourth (not easy though), but do you think he'll be able to beat Yondaime along with Tsunade? I'm going for the tie.

NOTE: All are in prime!

Tags:
  2. Jonas Banned

Yondaime has no prime, so im going with Yondaime + Tsunade.
    Basiclly, Yondaime never reached his prime because of his death in a young age.
    If he was in his prime (OK let's say he wasn't as strong as Sandaime, but he would've been close) and Tsunade in her prime (where ever that may be), i think they'd give him a lil' spankish.

3. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Yondi was in his prime when he died. Since that's the part in his life when he was strongest. Maybe we hould become stronger later, maybe not. (We don't KNOW even though it's a 99 % chance since we are not the ones that writes the series) If you think that he ''could've'' become stronger then you might aswell say that Sandaime was gonna train on a new jutsu he created (the greatest one ever) after the chuunin exam (when he died) and become the strongest shinobi ever, but unfourtunely he died.

4. Jonas Banned

I don't like argue against you aman, you know why but i must disagree with ya.

Prime = the time when you were at your best shape (and since he died at such a young age, you don't referr that as his prime)

So he wasn't at his prime when he died. It's a natural factor for a shinobi that the more you live, the stronger you'll get (not when you're headed old, but when you've started as young) if you aim for a goal or want to get stronger.
    So supposedly Yondaime was about his 20:s, and usually the prime goes in for the 30's or 40's, which means he's got like 10 to 20 yrs to advance to his prime.
    Sandaime was born a genuis, while we know that Yondaime's got similiar personality as Naruto (now in what way i don't know) but you could expect him to be "dumb" or whatever you wan't to call it in his youth, but then the progress came and he became stronger and stronger and became developing his own (good as hell) jutsus.

5. enkay #1

i really want to vote for Sandaime but i have to give it to Yondaime and Tsunade. it's funny because:

Sandaime: trained Tsunade, Jiraiya, Oro.
    Jiraiya: trained Yondaime, argueably* greatest Hokage ever.

it's as if each student surpassed their (or achieved equal comparison to) their Sensei. because Tsunade is a medical-nin i feel that she would give Yondaime and herself a huge edge in this fight.

6. Moritsune Eobard Thawne Moderator

umm, Yondaime wouldn't lose to Sandaime (IMO), Yondaime is way too fast for Sandaime (prime or not). also, throwing Tsunade in just means that either Sandaime will go down quicker, or there will be 1 casualty on Yondaime's team.

7. Kona New Member

The Third Hokage would show both Tsunade and the Fourth Hokage that they still have much to learn.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  8. enkay #1

Yondaime wasn't his student.

9. Vamoo Class Extraordinaire

Sandaime was far stronger than the other two but I think Tsunade should be more than enough to fill the gap between him and the Fourth.
    Also, effective teamwork makes a group of shinobis better than the sum of the parts.

I'm going for Yondi and Tsunade win but one of them dies.

10. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Yeah, indeed. Sarutobi is a monster, but he can't take 2 Hokages. At least, not two non-walking dust corpse hokages.

And I think Yondaime > Shodai and Nidaime. Maybe Tsunade too.

11. Code Zoamelgustar

I think there's no way anyone could take Shodai and Nidaime(their personalities in thier real bodies with all their knoweldge and not just killing intent) at the same time. I doubt they're on the same level as the sannins(as they should be higher, both of them). Yondaime is probably Konoha's 2nd strongest hokage.... under the 3rd of course. But still I the 3rd would put up a good fight maybe but wuold lose to those 2 at the same time.

12. Kamendex Retired from Forum

Your biased towards Tsunade rofl, its obvious.

Sarutobi took on 2 hokages already, and why is it that everyone thinks that Speed wins battles for you.

Yondaime's jutsu involves him getting close to Sarutobi, that in itself is a death wish. Sarutobi wants Yondaime to get close to him, and Tsunade just isnt on either of their levels.

Sarutobi isnt a rock nin that can be killed by a Kunai people.

13. hjkou Well-Known Member

i dont think we can really have anymore yondaime "PRIME" threads.. because its not known for certain whether or not he was in his prime when he died
    after all he was pretty young..

14. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

I'm biased towards all 3 Sannin.

I'm MORE biased towards Sarutobi. When they called him "greatest" "god" ect.. I don't think they were kidding.

But 2 living Hokages > 1 Hokage, no matter which way you cut it.

15. Kamendex Retired from Forum

...then can Shodai + Nidaime beat Yondaime?

16. Moritsune Eobard Thawne Moderator

Kamendex, here's my reason for believing that speed can win this battle.....Sandaime has several jutsus (1000, supposedly), but wut good are techniques that can't hit ur opponent? i'll answer for u, they're completely useless. Yondaime vs. Sandaime would have been enough for me to decide on Yondaime, he may have less experience than Sandaime, but think about how quick it'd be over if Yondaime combined his body flicker and the rasengan. it'd be an instant kill.

17. Gooba Join us

I am sure that every single justsu he has is easily dodgeable. I am glad that in the 50 years he was Hokage he never fought Gai or anyone fast, or else he would be dead. If being fast is all you need to beat Prime Saru why isn't Gai Hokage?

Oh, but I still think 2 Kages>1 Kage, but not 4th>3rd.

18. Gaara-Kazekage Member

Hiraishin no Jutsu requires Yondaime to stick a tag on the desired destination.
    Spoiler:
    In the manga, he placed one on the foot of the shinobi who was about to counter Kakashi; and he distributed special kunais to his comrades during the war; gave one to Kakashi as well
    So he needs to get close to Sandaime to do that. Since the jutsu takes up chakra, combining it with Rasengan, which requires chakra control, could be too strenous.

Also, I don't understand why people keep insisting Godaime is the weakest of Hokages when there's no evidence to prove it...she's new to the title that's all.

I think 2 Hokages is a bit too much for Sandaime to take, unless he summons the Death God.

19. Demon Fox New Member

Sandaime may probably beat Nidame & Shodaime but come on...Tsunade & Yondaime is toooooo much for Sarutobi

20. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Damn! I was gonna say that!

21. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Some people on this forum think Yondaime is stronger than Sandaime.

I was kinda disappointed with Tsunade not being able to beat Kabuto, while she might not be the strongest hokage, her medical nin abilitys make her a more than welcome replacement.

I voted for Sandaime..tho i'm not sure if he could win without dieing at the same time.

22. hjkou Well-Known Member

ps: yondaime seals sandaime while hes nosebleeding over tsunade flashing.

oh but wait, then wont yondaime and the deathgod be nosebleeding too?

ILL COME BACK LATER, THIS POST HAS REALLY GOT ME IN A PICKLE. IM CONFUSED.

23. Jonas Banned

If Shodaime and Nidaime were at their real bodies with real brains n stuff.. then the fight goes for Sho and Nidaime

24. Marvin Member

yondaime and godaime will beat sandaime, since it's 2 vs 1 and the 4th at his prime would be stronger than the 3rd. since the 3rd gave up the hokage to the 4th, do you think that the 3rd would had given up the title of hokage to someone weaker than him.

this is the reason why the 3rd did not select a godaime, since there are no shinobi at that time who is stronger than the 3rd at that time.

25. Evil Eyes Hokage-Sama

Oh god, not this argument again. The 3rd gave up the title after being hokage for decades and reached his fifties which is way past his prime. Yondaime became stronger than an old weakend Sandiame. So Yondaime>Sandaime is his late fifties. Sandaime in his prime>>>>everyone.
    Sandaime didn't chose a godaime because the strongest nins were the Sannin. Oro was evil, Jiraiya was missing, and Tsunade left the village and quit being a ninja for more than 2 decades.

Now back to the match. I think it would either be a Tie or Sandaime might really pull this one up. Yondaime is one hell of a ninja and Tsunade should never be underestimated. She's the goddess of healing and can last in battles way much more than anyone.

26. Nerevar New Member

1.Sandaime said many times Yondaime was the greatest ninja ever.
    2.Sandaime is way to old.
    3.Sandaime was the sensei of the 3 sanins and he had been beaten by one of them so Tsunade too might be stronger.
    4.He had to use the jutsu of the Yondaime to beat the 2 first Hokage and it seemes to me they were less strong than the other ones.

27. Rokudaime Active Member

You dont really expect the 3th going to fight against Some Hokage that fight Kyubi right?and now There is Tsunade...it damn obvious that The 3th will lose this fight...

2 Alive Kage > 1 Kage

and if The 4th and the 5th summon their monster..this will be 4 Vs 2

28. Naruto_Heart Member

how sure are you that Sandaime in his prime > everyone else?

it's true he got the title of God of shinobi...

just how lame is this title?

God = Absolute best

God of Shinobi = Absolute best a shinobi can be

unless you got another meaning for God.

Oro said mention Sandaime WAS once called god of shinobi

Iruka said Sandaime WAS the strongest of all.

However...Jiraiya said that Yondaime was the greatest shinobi in history...

please note the key word history...

if Prime Sandaime truly was the god of shinobi ( = absolute best)

why wasn't he the one to be called greatest in history?

why wasn't he the one to create shiki fuujin? till now...i haven't seen any jutsu in the manga that came about from his own creation. God of Shinobi?

Yondaime was hokage for only a short span of time...however what he achieved was nothing short of astounding. Most impressive being the sealing of Kyuubi, thus saving konoha.

Sandaime been hokage for the longest out of the 4 (excluding Tsunade) He had time on his side to build up his reputation, everything. He too saved Konoha from Orochimaru, he was loved, immensely respected by everyone in the village...

but why wasn't he called the greatest shinobi in 'history' then?
    History spans from the era of Shodaime to current times, and Sandaime also belongs to this time span...and yet why? why wasn't he the greatest shinobi in history when apparently he was once called God of Shinobi?

When do we called someone the greatest huh?

it's when the someone is the best, period.

In addition the focus has always been on Yondaime rather than Sandaime...how hard it is to believe that Yondaime was truly the greatest and strongest?

To add another concrete point that Yondaime was the strongest.

Naruto, the main character, has an ultimate aim...that is to become hokage and surpassed all previous hokage...

Any idea why on earth he chose Yondaime as his benchmark instead of Sandaime? Naruto knew Sandaime on a personal level, loved him, respected him, but yet he chose Yondaime, someone he didn't even get a glimpse of, as his target. Why?

29. Kamendex Retired from Forum

Very very sure
    Wouldnt be lame if it was Yondaime's title though would it

Exactly, he said that even after Yondaime's era, we are talking about the Sandaime that WAS the god of shinobi, we arent talking about a 70 year old granny.

He said that after Yondaime's era and Sarutobi's era(Prime). Yet he still called him the strongest of all.
    So Jiraiya says this and you just ignore everything else because this proves your point?
    So what? He was greatest because of his achievments. He sealed a bijyuu for gods sake, of course he would be considered greatest.

Because he didnt seal Kyuubi...

He knows every jutsu in Konoha, and you havent seen all of his jutsu. So how will you ever find out if he created anything or not.

Besides Yondaime discovered Shika fuujin, it was already there. Its a kuchiyose he just needed to sign a contract.

Anyway what makes you think he wanted to create Shika Fuujin. He was out of his prime, their was no real threat to his power or Konoha's safety...and there was another Hokage.

Thats all he accomplished...ya its impressive, but you have no idea what Sarutobi has done in his time. Not to mention that at 70 he stopped a full scale invasion by 2 countries.

Growing old in front of your village doesnt build your reputation. Its obvious that dying at a young age in battle is what builds reputation. Because thats why you like Yondaime.

Greatest because of his Achievements like sealing Kyuubi

God because his battle prowess is unparalleled

See above
    Ya right rofl, who are you trying to convince, us or yourself.

So if God came down to you and so did the greatest person in the world who would you say was stronger.
    Thats because Sarutobi was old and dying and hardly a uber ninja in Naruto's eyes at that age.

and everyone talks about how great Yondaime was, so naturally Naruto would choose Yondaime.

Respected him? rofl ya right, read above.

30. Evil Eyes Hokage-Sama

I think Kamendex pretty much covered up everything on my opinion of Sandaime vs Yondaime.
    I really really don't remember when Jiraiya said Yondaime was the greatest ninja in history. What chapter was that?
    I also don't recall the 3rd saying "omg Yondaime is way cooler and stronger than me." I only remember him saying that if yondaome was alive, he would be the only one capable of stopping Oro (and that's when Sandaime was old as hell and much weaker than his prime). I even think that Anko said that.