1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Sands article on stereotypes.

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by google123, Sep 30, 2006.

1. google123

Another emo thread! I've stuck this is music because we've already had the argument on "What is emo?" ect, so blam.

So, discuss, I guess. Personally, I think this is wrong, since everyone will then ignore the kids who aren't emo, and self harm. Thus, perhaps turning self harmers into emos, just to get attention for help. Maybe. It's not a darned cult, and Green Day IS NOT emo. Bands like MCR discourage this kinda stuff completely at their shows, so... Badly researced, sounds like some old crusty asshole found a few comical pisstake sites on the net and took it waaay to seriously. Actually, I think it's exactly that, nevermind sounding like it.

Tags:
  2. Aruarian

Can't you just give a summary? I'm not about to bother time and energy about some nu-emo tosh.

3. google123

Basically, this woman thinks emo are emo because of the music, and the music endorses self harm. She found the Dear Diary emo rap, and went into it from there. She also says anyone who wears all black, eyeliner and the usual emo get up, and that reads poetry is self harming, suicidal tendencies ect.