1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sarutobi vs. Jiraiya (Manga Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Mibu Clan, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Mibu Clan

Well, Since here in the Forums Gamabunta, Katsuya and Manda are Inmortal....And every time theres an Jiraija vs. Itachi or Akatsuki member debate, its always the summons argument that all these people use....

So Im asking all you people......Who would win bewteen Jiraija and Sarutobi, as Sarutobiu uses his Summon as a sword he is at a great disadvantage right...right?:amuse :)

Of course he is...He has no other summon:sad....And since a Kage isnt even Considered Kage level anymore, Gaara, than Im convinced the Sannin are stronger than Sarutobi....

OF course he is weak...Because he lacks....Big Summon.

Tags:
  2. TDM

3. Last of the Uchihas

also, i don't think the summons are immortal, since Gamabunta does have scars and he said that he couln't take another direct hit from Shukaku because it would have been the end, or something like that.

4. Jonas

5. Mibu Clan

Please give me reasons of why....

Cause I just dont see how he could beat a summon...

6. The_Leader

Funny, the only actual fight we have seen between a big summon and any lone shinobi was in the Sannin fight.

Where they fought on top of their animals, and not the animals themselves.
    If a big fast snake can't catch one, ONE Shinobi, not even eat Naruto, what chance does a big slower toad have? When it's main purpose is to AOE armies and tank against other summons?

Good thread though UC.:laugh

7. Gunners

Im not sure you know. Im starting to beleive sandaime prime is over rated. I think sandaime would win but jiriyia could win to be honest ive been more impressed with jiriyas actions than sandaime.

One thing jiriya could beat sandaime without him using death god why orchimaru was toying with sandaime but jiriyia can stand on equal ground.

8. Guy Gardner

Uh, yeah, you're actually wrong on the Sannin fight. Naruto does get eaten. He just gets out of it again. And the Snake is disabled by Jiraiya's massive Hell Swamp, which is a technique few could imitate. Jiraiya had a distinct advantage trying to take a summon due to his incredible jutsus.

Another point would be the Triple Headed Snake that devestated Konoha. Lone Shinobi will do no better than any group you have, and yet that thing was able to plow it's way past Konoha's defenses until Jiraiya comes on by with his own summon.

Summons like Snakes and Frogs DO give you advantages. Jiraiya's summons have proven to be much smaller and more useful. Example: The one he demolished Ebisu with, the Stand Destroyer he landed on top of the Snake, and the Defense Frog he used against Kisame's blade.

Perhaps Gama might not be the best choice for this, but multiple frog summons (Many have been shown on covers with Naruto as well) ARE useful against lone shinobi. If they weren't, why would anyone use a summon?

Just wanted to say that.

9. Uchiha Chris

The snakes that got naruto was not as fast as Manda, by far it seems to me.
    However on topic, I do think Jiraya would beat Sandaime.
    Jiraya has some great jutsus in his arsenal, like the hell swamp he used to take out the snakes (he even said it was to small to take them out completly, which means it could be alot bigger, that is indeed a great jutsu), not saying it could be of use against Sarutobi, but it shows a certain quality on Jirayas jutsus.
    And as Justice and Rule stated, Jiraya got a big arsenals of summons along with Gamabunta. And as UC, I dont see a way Sandaime could beat Gama, he dont got the strenght which Tsunade has (she picked up Gamas god damn big sword and pierced through Mandas head, it was an awesome scene :p), and I dont think his ape could harm Gama by just hitting him.

Im ranting away, to sum up, Sandaime couldnt beat Jiraya with his summons imo :)

10. Rangamaru

Prime Sautopbi rapes Jiraiya, but Jiraiya pwns old Sarutobi.

11. uchihablood137

he is one of the saanin and he has powerful jutsu

12. Mibu Clan

Umm....No one has given any proof of how Sandaime could defeat Jiraija.....

13. Jonas

Prime Sandaime was hailed as the strongest shinobi ever (in his prime). So... he would beat any one in his prime (questionable about he could defeat Yondaime though).

14. Insipidipity

Lets see, Jiraiya has a jutsu that can take out several snakes, Tsunade has the strength to shut Manda's trap, and Sarutobi was hailed as greater than even them...

He has large Area of Effect jutsus, earth walls, and Enma's diamond staff, combined with most likely Tajuu Kage Bunshin in his prime given what the ANBU said about his chakra, so yea...
    Sarutobi could win this. If not, he could always pull out the death god...hey if it worked for Kyubi, It could at least pull Jiraiya off Gama Bunta.

Plus, I dont even think Gama bunta would fight Sarutobi, he doesn't fight with Jiraiya, jiraiya's students, so why would he fight Jiraiya's master?

15. ChickenPotPie

Basically everyone's answer to this is Sandaime prime, just because.

Hehe, I like the message of this thread. :)

16. Insipidipity

Reputation is everything until proven otherwise.

17. Crowe

The God of shinobi

18. Code

Which shouldn't be invalid in this thread especially considering how the majority of the "Sannin vs." and really any "Leaf vs. Non-Leaf" in general is usually based on reputation, and overly done when it comes to the Sannin. So going by reputation, Sandaime's > Jiraiya's.

19. Zoro - inactive

20. Yue Ryong

OK. Didn't Orochimaru say that Sarutobi had extensive knowledge of or actual mastery over every Jutsu used in the leaf? The whole 'professor' thing? That sounds to me like he would have a strategy on every single jutsu he was familiar with. Citing Jiraiya's quality of Jutsu is almost irrelevant in the face of that. I think Sarutobi would win due to (partially) the knowledge he has on Jiraiya's fighting style and his knowledge of his weaknesses. Jiraiya, much like Naruto, seems to focus on close combat Jutsu and (unlike Naruto) wide area effects. For someone on Sarutobi's level, that's a weakness to be exploited in the middle ground, where range is not an enourmous issue, but outside of close combat. Sarutobi, who is the ultimate generalist outside of Sharingan users could mix and match his style easily to counter that.