1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Sasori vs Jiraiya..... and Sakura

Discussion in 'Manga Battledome' started by Dudemancool, May 31, 2007.

1. Dudemancool Member

Sakura only has 1 antidote. Sakura has never fought Sasori before.

yes, its quite onesided isnt it. poor jiraiya doesnt have a chance....

Tags:
  2. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

if chiyo and sakura did it, i am 100% positive jiriaya and sakura can do it also lol

3. Dudemancool Member

Chiyo is sannin leveled, and she had an advantage against sasori. even then it was stated by herself that sasori allowed himself to die.

4. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

chiyo is sannin???? where do you get this from. i dont think so lol. jiriaya is probably capable of taking sasori down by himself, but add sakura in and its just own

5. Dudemancool Member

chiyo is sannin leveled, she could take down tsunade and maybe jiraiya IMO

but actually give me some real reasons as to why u think jiraiya and sakura would win so i can actually start shooting them down for real.

6. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

ok jiriaya can do the frog mouth jutsu on sasori.... his heart will get dissolved by the stomach acid, that frog breathes fire.... noone ever escaped except itachi using a secret MS power. he can also summon gammabunta and blow a huge oil fire to destroy puppets like mad, plus he can guard himself with his spikey hair covering jutsu from any poison attacks, and he can do rasengans although probably not necessary, gammabunta's sword alone will just crush sasori's puppets into dust, and jiriaya is smart enough to figure out the heart, sakura can heal him if necessary too, and the antidote is there for the off-chance something happens

7. Dudemancool Member

how is jiraiya going to get close enough to do frog mouth?

he can also summon gammabunta and blow a huge oil fire to destroy puppets like mad

sandaime kazekage can easily kill gamabunta AND jiraiya.

plus he can guard himself with his spikey hair covering jutsu from any poison attacks

it doesnt cover his whole body, one stab in the toe and its over. plus he'll be swarmed by puppets or attacked with poison sand.

and he can do rasengans although probably not necessary, gammabunta's sword alone will just crush sasori's puppets into dust

...do u even read the manga?

sakura can heal him if necessary too, and the antidote is there for the off-chance something happens

sakura has only 1 antidote, if she gives it to jiraiya she herself is dead, and jiraiya is dead soon after. if she gives it to herself shes gonna be dead an jiraiya is gonna be dead soon after.

8. Kokain Autoanthropophagus

Sakura's completely useless in this battle. Without Chiyo to puppet her, she dies from Hiruko's first frag grenade.

Jiraiya's a tool, all he has is spikey hair defense and frogs. But he could give Sasori a good fight, especially with Gamabunta. I'm trying to decide if Iron Sand/poison could reasonably take out Gamabunta. Sasori can form a giant sword of Iron Sand for sure, but it might be unwieldy. On the other hand, I don't see Gamabunta's suitons or Katon's penetrating an Iron Sand defense, and if Gamabunta jumps and Sasori does Satetsu Kaiho right under him and he lands on it it'll probably kill him...

9. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

Sakura would survive the first attacks, just like she did in the beginning without Chiyo's help.

Although when Sasori ups his game, this is when Sakura would be struck off the list.

lol

But yea this does sound plausible. Although imo, I think Boss Summons are unfair in most matchups. Gamabunta may possibly tip the scales in favor of Jiraiya.

10. jameshawking Brought back again

Correction. Sakura kept up with Sandaime kazekage puppet alone, with no help from Chiyo (who was incapacitated at the time). She might not be able to beat Sasori alone, but she can handle herself successfully against a Sasori who was using his best and only had to focus on her. She can handle herself in the fight when he also has to deal with Jiraiya as well.

11. Dudemancool Member

wasnt sakura going to die to hiruko if chiyo wasnt puppeting her? heck given wat jiraiya's shown, hiruko might even force them to waste the antidote or summon gama.

but if jiraiya uses the frog stomach when sasori is in hiruko, then sasori is screwed, but thats not very likely since jiraiya and sakura could probably take hiruko with jiraiya just summoing a lesser frog.

still, sasori wins.

12. Dudemancool Member

wasnt sakura going to die to hiruko if chiyo wasnt puppeting her? heck given wat jiraiya's shown, hiruko might even force them to waste the antidote or summon gama.

but if jiraiya uses the frog stomach when sasori is in hiruko, then sasori is screwed, but thats not very likely since jiraiya and sakura could probably take hiruko with jiraiya just summoing a lesser frog.

still, sasori wins.

13. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

anywayz, Jiraiya CAN/COULD solo this w/o Sakura. You gave him no restrictions, so can trap Sasori in the Frog Stomach, or make him drown in the hell swamp, use Gamabunta, or use that war frog that's even bigger then Gamabunta.

I'd say any of the Sannin could take on Sasori.

14. Dudemancool Member

sasori could go on one of his puppets to get out of the swamp. i alraedy explained the other stuff.

15. King Scoop Well-Known Member

Jiraiya could win this one alone. I think fighting someone like Sasori is the type of battle he'd prefer since he gets to go wild.

16. durtycheese jiraiya=fail

17. Dudemancool Member

of course nobody bothers to give an explanation as to why...

18. Lilith sayonara

19. tommy198 Shizzle ma nizzle

Dudeman who make a thread where if anyone disagrees with you, you get annoyed?

I agree with Lacking Jack and his points were valid. Your responses of "Do you even read the manga" was plain childish.

20. yondaime 88 Shodaime

dudeman is correct in the fact that most posters say names without even saying why...

From what we have seen of jiraiya, frog stomach and the swamp are very effective jutsus. It seems to me sasori's game works on poisoining the opponent and wearing them out at first. I cant see how sasori would get out of the frog stomach; it took an amaterasu from itachi to do it. Swamp could be avoided by puppet rescue i guess.

Gamabunta would be a bitch to take out. I dont remember the sasori fight that well, but the kazekage was insanely strong. However gamabunta just seems out of sasori's reach. I doubt the poison is strong enough to kill a giant toad fast enough, and im not even sure summons die. Manda was impaled damn it..

Sakura is worthless to add seeing the level of the fight. I still believe the sannin are insane because of their summoning jutsus which really give them an edge, especially jiraiya. IMO thats why we havnt seen him go all out yet, he is too powerful.

21. Spencer_Gator Pain is a god.

Sasori wins since the only reason he lost is cuz he let himself lose, and Chiyo knew all about the puppests whereas Sakura/Jiraiya won't..so Sasori wins prob pretty quick..

22. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

Correction, Sakura learned to keep up with the sandaime kazekage puppet.

Chiyo stated that Sakura was impressive to pick up on Sasori's attack patterns, ie. through experience and observation of the current battle.

Subsequently, Sakura states herself that she has done this through observation of Sasori's finger movements etc..

So yes, she could keep up with the puppet without Chiyo's help, but it was due to the experience of the battle as a whole, and didn't automatically have such an ability.

Without Chiyo's help from the very beginning, she would not have stood a chance in the first place to be in the battle long enough to pick up on Sasori's attack.

Anyways, I didn't even say Sasori would win.

23. DethStryque *Murderous Intent*

24. Dudemancool Member

Sakura is amazing at dodging attacks, and she was able to predict Sasori's attacks and "read him like a book", seemingly due to the fact that she trained in dodging and shit with Tsunade. Tsunade attacked her with everything shes got in training, and sakura survived, tsunade got angry and sent jiraiya to a near death state in the hospital, which may or may not have happened to sakura.

even sakura wasnt able to dodge the sand world order thing.

i do,duh...

nah im joking i only get annoyed if they just say a name and dont give an explanation.

uh... i refuted all his points? and if he actually did read the part with the 100 puppets, i doubt he'd say something so dumb.

i dont either, but i dont think he'll be caught in the stomach unless his in hiruko, which isnt likely since jiraiya can most likely defeat hiruko without using such a high class jutsu. if he does, he could still get atleast a tie, since if he summons a hundred puppets (or less) theres basically no place at all for jiraiya and sakura to hide or dodge, or if he summons kazekage theres also no place to dodge the sand. sasori has a extremely durable body, and the frog mouth thing doesnt seem to kill very fast.
    kazekage can impale gama, at the least making him poof, in this case gama's size works against him since theres no way he could dodge the sand world order thing. manda was impaled through the mouth, im sure he wouldve died or atleast immediatly poofed if it was through the skull.

25. jameshawking Brought back again

Hmm..I in fact forgot that statement. Though the point that Sakura broke down the movements and techniques of Sasori in such a short amount of time is incredibly impressive, as well as the fact that she would likely have another chance to learn as Jiraiya fought Sasori (and I thoroughly believe that he would have something to break Hiruko), and thus keep up with him again.

26. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

Jiraiya more than likely has something to break into Hiruko, but the idea that Sakura would be able to survive long enough to learn Sasori's attack patterns is another matter.

For one thing, Sakura would need to be in a close enough proximity to Sasori to be able to read the finger movements, ie. actually in the fray as she was when puppeteered by Chiyo.

Without Chiyo, she would be victim to alot of fatal attacks.

Furthermore, without Chiyo's help, for her to be focused herself on evading attacks, doesn't give her such an opportunity to analyse Sasori's attacks/finger movements if she is actively having to consciously evade/defend.

27. Dudemancool Member

28. Aokiji Well-Known Member

29. Zeche You will not like me

I can't think of any way Jiraiya can defeat Sasori with just what he's shown us sofar but I'm sure he has plenty more jutsus to display which would give him the edge.