1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sasori's Puppet Mechanism [265 Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Dyroness, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Dyroness

___________X:

Tags:
  2. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    ive been saying this since we found out Saz plays with dolls...he's REALLY well hidden and the trick to beating him is to find his real body.

3. Inactive ryukage

I believe they're not full body pieces like what Kankuro has. He may have used the best pieces/parts of the 298 nin he destroyed to create an effective Puppet. Otherwise, There would be a much larger and clunkier Sasori. Since ninja rely on speed, that wouldn't be very effective correct?

I would assume he still hasn't summoned all of his puppets, because it doesn't seem like he can fit that many puppets in one body. Also, for some reason i've come to believe they aren't fighting actual Sasori. Sasori must be hiding in the distance because almost all puppet masters are ranged fighters, and have low skill for close combat fighting.

4. Yak

Guess there are only two possibilities. Either he is in there or he never was all the time, hidden somewhere else, controling this puppet which got just smashed by Sakura. I still think he is inside that smashed puppet, it seems more likely for me, don't know why.

But I have this bad feeling that he will look horrible. Not like an old, shrunken midget, no, his face relatively young and normal but his limbs probably lost and only his torso remaining. The missing limbs probably replaced with (now smashed) puppet parts (that could be the reason why the legs and one of his arms looked more human-like). WHY he has no original limbs anymore, don't know. Probably mutilated himself to replace the "inferior" human mechanisms of his body with improved puppet-weapons. Or it could be a sickness that slowly rots his body away, like leprosy or something like that.

Or the third possibility is that I am totally wrong and telling you utter bullshit. :D

5. lwong81

that will be long and annoying if they have to smash all 298 puppets and/or puppet parts.

6. MasamuneX7

If Sasori himself is crippled, it may have something to do with Sakumo.

7. nightmarenny

Why would they? There are several anime that say things like that. Though you only see a couple. Infact remember Kakashi has like 1000 jutsu and has use all of 10 of them.

8. TDM

Huh? Anyone wanna fill me in on this?

9. RaitoRyuukashin

Sakumo - Kakashi's father - Killer of Sasori's father aka Baby Chiyo.

10. shadow_sand

That would be super weird if he wasn't their in person. Its also weird that he can make his puppet talk....that would also mean that during the whole snad infiltration...his wasn't even there??

11. sgnakster

i bet he's a midget on the inside

12. Lord Of Reapers

That would be cool

13. iaido

Puppet Jutsu Weakness?

IMO, the sharingan and the byakugan would best combat puppet ninjas in general coupled with powerhouse techniques.

The sharingan would be able to detect subtle setups for traps better than a normal eye. A fast and intelligent sharingan user such as Itachi and Kakashi should be able to avoid most puppet traps but a puppeteer the caliber of Sasori might be able to get around it.

The byakugan should see right through the mechanical traps, springs, and set-ups. Summoned traps might be different bu the insight and range of vision should see them coming.

Sasori's particular puppet fighting style is suitable for both close and far range. A powerhouse technique such as that of Kiba's, Chouji's, Sakura's, and Hiashi's kaiten can at least pose a threat.

Remember I'm not saying that a sharingan user or a byakugan user can beat Sasori, even with teamed up with a heavy hitter. Sasori probably has the ability to beat both a sharingan and a byakugan user at the same time.

14. Manji Yoshimitsu

I think only Byagukan would be good for this. The sharingan does not have an alseeing vision, which allows Neji, in this case, to see the master, even if he is not in the puppet himself.

Sharingan can see through Nin- and Gen-Jutsu, but that does not aplly here, cause the puppeteers do not use Nin or Genjutsu.

15. Lord Of Reapers

Wow yourre right he probably has a strong defense and many ways of attacking

16. iaido

It says in the chapter that the traps can spring at any moment. The quick detection of movement of the sharingan should make reaction a lot easier.

17. auau

I agree. In the case of Sasori, he activated his traps unseen from the opponent so even though they have sharingan, I don't think they can predict it because they can't see him.

Byakugan in the other hand, nuff said...

18. lwong81

sharingan can see movements, and maybe coupled with katon, can burn the puppet
    (assuming its made from wood)

19. sharingan can make sasuke see where narutos going to go/be before hes actually there, so in the same instance, sharingan can let a user see a trap unspring before its actually unsprung. when its said that sharingan can see taijutsu, it means that sharingan can detect any form of movement super super well.

20. Cholisose

Sasori doesn't have 298 puppets... he's killed 298 people that he's used for his puppet.

Edit: Edited for clarificaton.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  21. Lord Of Reapers

Yea I agree. if you can dodge the movements you might get close enough to defeat the enemy.

22. Lord Of Reapers

23. Arcanis

I believe the outter appearence he has shown so far is just one of his 298 puppets (well duh) and he can summon other puppets with just hand seals (no scrolls) which immediately surround him like Hikuro and each puppet has different battle tactics, traps, etc...

I think he'll be a tiny old guy inside :amuse

24. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

Maybe he's a real bishounen :O
    That would be kinda unexpected.

25. lwong81

hes not old, he should be around kakashi's age.

26. Maxlee

Or maybe he's already dead now XD Sakura kill-count +1

But I don't really know, his head flies off indeed, while his eyes always seemed pretty human to me, with vanes and all, like he wore that as a mask. Also odd that this giant face with the tail is already smashed up. I have no idea what will happen next... nuhhh another week waiting T__T

27. Dyroness

Well, according to translation now, he truly is inside the body. As Chiyo pointed, through that he eliminates the biggest weakness of a puppeteer. And that is close combat :nuts

28. Arcanis

Explain to me how he is around Kakashi's age, having left Suna over 20 years ago...

Yup! we heard about that weakness from Shino in his fight against Kankurou, I'm glad everything keeps connecting with older stuff :amuse

29. RaitoRyuukashin

The one akatsuki Rock Lee could defeat and hes off in the woods playing with himself...

30. Code

But the sharingan has to be looking at it right? The way we've seen puppeteers fight so far is to catch them by surprise. When he was facing Naruto, he looked at Naruto and based on that figured out where he was going to be only a tiny bit before hand. The sharingan isn't all seeing, it won't see anything out of his vision. So no it won't do much better agaisnt a puppeteer that say attacks the way we've seen them use so far.

It's kind of just like facing a taijutsu user. You have to be fast enough to dodge anyways.