1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Sasuke and Kakashi relationship

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Santoryu, Sep 16, 2018 at 8:22 AM.

1. Santoryu Scarecrow

It's a huge shame we didn't get to see more interaction between the two. They have a great dynamic on screen together.

Kakashi was quite similar to Sasuke as a child in some regards, albeit the copy ninja was more dry humoured and less hateful. They could relate to one another and had Itachi not had such a strong influence on Sasuke, he would have gone down a very different path. This moment was a defining moment for both characters, and it's a tremendous-travesty that it wasn't touched upon further as it would've made Sasuke's later development much more believable.

Tags:
  2. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Yeah too bad their relationship became ass after Sasuke left. Sasuke was clearly his favorite at the time, which was weird considering you would think he'd favor the son of his sensei that reminded him of his dead best friend... But whateva...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Santoryu Scarecrow

I think it might have been partially due to Hiruzen and Jiraiya's influence; they explicitly gave Kakashi orders to focus on Sasuke. I enjoyed the reunion on the bridge, but in the war, Kakashi's feud with Obito took centre-stage, and in the process, Sasuke's subsequent-salvation was hampered, at least in regards to his communication with his former sensei.

It's possible that Kakashi wanted to mask his frailties regarding Obito, which is why he didn't open up to Naruto too much at first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Lord Valgaav My fries

Kakashi could've been a surrogate father to Sasuke if he'd just had the patience and faith in others to stay.

5. Figo Active Member

Maybe i've read too many fanfictions in the past, but i didn't like the favouritism shown

6. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Kakashi wasted his time on Sasuke, should've simply trained Naruto from beginning.

One month of Shadow clone training + some assistance from Jiraya = GG chunin exams.

7. XheguTheSavage Member

That image was the single most meaningful moment they ever had to be frank.

8. XheguTheSavage Member

Which makes Sasuke's fall all the more tragic, now that you bring it up.

9. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Yea it's sucks Kakashi and Sasuke never recalled that moment.. Oh and Naruto was his favorite not Sasuke :LOS

10. Lord Valgaav My fries

Stop fibbing. Sasuke was everyone's favorite. Kakashi, Itachi, Oro, Obito, Kabuto, Sakura...everyone wanted ol' duckbutt.