1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Sasuke's attitude: Effects of CS(2)?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by PradaBrada, Oct 25, 2006.

1. PradaBrada Banned

Everytime I hear people talking about Sasuke, they say he's even more of an ass now than ever. This may be true, but it may not entirely be his natural attitude.

Remember this?

It was stated that the CS/CS2 eats away the soul, and makes the user in to a mere killing puppet for Orochimaru.
    What I'm trying to say is, Sasuke may have used the CS too much and this is the result, maybe during training or for Orochimaru's goals, making him almost willing to do anything Orochimaru says.

Discuss

Tags:
  2. DeGlace caesar must die must die

I think he was an asshole to begin with. But hey, maybe the CS just exacerbated his shitty personality.

Though he doesn't act like a puppet of Orochimaru's much, he doesn't respect him or Orochimaru-sama him or anything. More like "teach me some crap bitch, grr grr rebellious grr grr the cheerless light will not illuminate my twisted, sombre soul, I lead a life in the tenebrous murk of intricate oblivion..."

Am I making it too obvious that I don't like Sasuke... :D

3. Enterprise E Member

I think that it is a combination of the Cursed Seal and Sasuke's own attitude. I think that the CS is making Sasuke think that Orochimaru is the only way he'll be able to kill Itachi, blinding him to other ways of doing so without giving Orochimaru his body, or making other possible ways not seem as useful. However, Orochimaru doesn't have enough control over Sasuke to make Sasuke into a real puppet of his. If Sasuke really wanted to, I think he could break free of Orochimaru, even with the Cursed Seal still active. However, Sasuke doesn't want to since Orochimaru has promised him the power he needs to kill Itachi, and that his way is the only way to kill Itachi, and he is so focused on Itachi that he won't try to find another way to kill Itachi since he doesn't want to take the risk of it failing.

4. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

It's also the drugs

5. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

it's the effects of the drugs.

6. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Drugs are reallysomething serious, to help hyour thery, after he wakes up after receiveng the cursed seal he is more obssesed with his "avenger" role.

7. Ashen-Shugar A wild romantic rover

Interesting that someone brings up the drugs, reminds me of a certain movie about the downward spiral
    Link removed
    (Hah, ironic foreshadowing of Robert Downey Jr.)

But in Sasuke's case its different as his life revolves around revenge. When he was close to changing, Orochimaru had to act, awakening his obession for revenge. Maybe another movie that someone used theme song for in a clip better fits Sasuke's motivations and losing his sense of self in the downward spiral .
    Link removed

8. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

No, it's the drugs. If it was the CS he will be Oro's bitch and he's not that.

I'm gonna give you an advise for free. Don't ever try steOROids

9. Ofkinheimer Active Member

Sasake was already craving more power for revenge, but that craving was subdued by his relationship with his teammates Konoha.

The Cursed Seal basically made his cravings so powerful, that his rational mind & thoughts towards his teammates/village were overwhelmed, hence he went to the source that granted him that more power.

His redemption may actually be linked to the death of Oro which would likely cancel out the seal's power, since it is Oro who created it and likely maintains the hold.

10. sheshyo Doesn't need a Custom Title

The CS has no doubt influenced Sasuke in certain ways (Indulging/exploiting his desire for power), but his overall attitude is linked more to the hatred towards Itachi. And ever since the VoTE, I think it's well established that Sasuke is very cautious of using CS, using it only as a last resort. Also in postimeskip, we can clearly see that Sasuke is far from being Oro's bitch.

11. Ackwell I've talked with Kishimoto

Sasuke has died once, that is why he is so cold, and is not the Sasuke he once was.
    Naruto will bring him back to the light, even in the darkness he's in now.

12. Minxie Eternal Optimist

smile-big I really like how you phrased that.

But anyway, I don't think Sasuke's attitude right now is his natural one. He's been trying to suppress all his positive emotions, his good side, in order to endure being around Orochimaru and crew. It's my belief that he finds Oro to be really unpleasant, if not disgusting, but since he thinks Oro is the only way for him to gain enough power to kill Itachi, he's going to put up with it. Of course, he's also suppressing his good emotions because he believes they weaken his strength/resolve. Sooo... the longer he keeps suppressing himself like that, the more that cold personality becomes who he really is... and he's only getting worse over time.

But I agree with Ackwell that Naruto will save him. :)

13. Tyrannos Living a Life

There is a simple formula for all this:

Driven Nuts by Naruto +
    Being Stalked by Sakura +
    Constantly Hugged by Ino +
    Cursed Seal +
    Warped Teachings by Orochimaru +
    Kabuto's Drugs +
    Being Bullied by Older Brother who murdered the family =

One Insane Uchiha. For they warped his fragile little mind. :wink

14. kulgan18 Mecha freak.

I agree with this post.
    CS definetely has an effect in the personality of the user.

THe reason is that Every action orochimaru has made to sasuke had to do with sasuke's seal, first he gave the seal to him, then he sends the sound 3 to test sasuke and probably make him use the seal, then he sends the sound nins to give him the CS2.
    The cursed seal has always been very important for orochimaru's plan with sasuke.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  15. Deidara2006 Artistic Ninja

sasuke in my opinion has always been the odd one out of team 7. Naturally finding your entire family dead would shake you up, but then to find out that your older brother, that greatest member of your family was guilty of the crime, wells its going to take its toll. sasuke's character was written well for his history, distant, hateful and desperate for revenge. Aided by the fact he was kept alive because his brother said he wasnt worth killing. Now to my point, people say sasuke is an idiot becausze his personality sucks that to is what makes him rule, the fact his different from the others. Naruot and gaara are similar but neither want real revenge on a particular person.

Now as for the question i think his new way attitude is not a natural attitude nor a an attitude caused by the curse or drugs, i think it's all the above. sasuke is fuelled by the desire to get revenge and that has and will never change which means that aspect is the same. His attitude towards everyone is enhanced by druge and the curse but not entirely. He always wanted to become strong and didnt care about being a ninja, he only wanted to be strong and that has not changed. The curse seal and drugs have allowed him to become strong but at the price that he must now reveal the thoughts he origionally believed about his old friends.

To make it simple i think it was the drugs, curse and his own personality.