1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Sasuke's Habataku Chidori VS Kakashi's Raikiri

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by FireEel, May 12, 2005.

Habataku Chidori VS Raikiri

1. Habataku Chidori cuts through Raikiri along with Kakashi

29 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. Habataku Chidori nullifys Raikiri, and knocks back but doesn't kill Kakashi

22 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Raikiri cuts through Habataku Chidori along with Sasuke

43 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. Raikiri nullifys Habataku Chidori, and knocks back but doesn't kill Sasuke

24 vote(s)
    17.3%
  5. Draw, both cancel each other out

21 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. FireEel is infected by ponies.

Which would win? Sasuke's Black Chidori in Cursed Seal Lvl 2 or Kakashi's lighting-splitting Raikiri?

Firstly, let me say that Raikiri and regular Chidori are DIFFERENT.

1) Raikiri is a S-Ranked Jutsu, while Chidori is an A-Ranked Jutsu

2) Different seals, the first few are the same, but the last seal for Raikiri and Chidori differs

3) Raikiri has the palm facing up, Chidori has the palm facing down

4) Raikiri doesn't require a running distance to achieve speed in order to increase damage, Chidori requires a running distance for Sasuke to achieve a lot of speed to increase his penetration power

5) Raikiri sounds like lighting/electricity, Chidori sounds like birds chirping, Black Chidori sounds like crows cawing

6) Raikiri is a right-handed move, while Chidori is done with the left hand

7) When Kakashi used his jutsu, he shouted, "Raikiri!" When Sasuke used it, he shouted, "Chidori!" In this sense, it is likely they were using different jutsus

On 1 hand, Sasuke in Cursed Seal Lvl 2 gains a great amount of power, speed, chakra and even grows wings. His corrupted chakra turns Chidori dark instead of the usual lighting white. With his wings flapping, he achieves an incredible amount of speed in order to deliver a high-velocity killing stab.

Meanwhile, Kakashi is the master of ninjutsus. He invented Chidori/Raikiri, and understands it the most. He has been practising and perfecting it for years. His Raikiri is said to be powerful enough to cut through lighting, and unlike Chidori, his Raikiri doesn't require much running, all he does is stab through.

Last edited: May 13, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Nighthawk Banned

I thought Chidori and Raikiri is the same thing!?

3. FireEel is infected by ponies.

Er...no, actually, they are the same type of jutsu, but different moves.

4. NecroAngel Member

A lot of people seem to think that.. but in the databook jutsulist they're listed as different jutsus apparently.

Anyway... I think Kakashi's raikiri would win, Kakashi is an elite jounin that created the technique, he's got to have perfected it.

5. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Kakashi's Raikiri would own the Kouji Rai Chidori.

6. Hyuuga-Sama Jounin Level Pilot

As much as I like the Raikiri and think that it would own pretty much any ninja when kakashi uses it, I'd have to say that the Black Chidori would win since it has one BIG advantage..

INSANE POWER INPUT

7. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

I agree with you on this. In terms of raw power, the cursed seal fueled chidori should have a slight advantage over Kakashi's raikiri (I voted for the 2nd option). But raw power contests don't fit with Kakashi's style anyway.

8. PanzerKunstMaster Secret Cat Nin

it doesnt really matter its more a factor of who hit who first.... i'd have to give the edge to kakashi though cause he is much tougher than sasuke at this point!

9. Tautou Member

They're not different. Kakashi's Raikiri can also be called Chidori, it's simply that Kakashi's version of Chidori is stronger or more effective than Sasuke's.

Raikiri and Chidori are the same move, it's Sasuke's and Kakashi's versions of the move that aren't quite the same.

10. theoneandonly is back to his origin

i would have to say....raikiri wins this one

11. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

12. Jyuuken 木丿葉 忍者 - はたけ かかし

i'm going for Raikiri... since i believe the difference in S-Rank jutsu and A-Rank jutsu should be very wide... S-Rank jutsus are very exclusive and powerful...

so i doubt an A-Rank jutsu can be more powerful than a S-Rank one, even though its an uber power boosted A-Rank jutsu...

also another important point is that kishi did not even label the black chidori as anything new or different... since the 2nd data book did not even mention it... so we can safely assume that the black chidori is still A-Rank status...

i voted option 4...

13. Powerman Well-Known Member

I would think Sasuke will rename that to something different seeing as how he put his own twist on it.

14. NecroAngel Member

How do you know? You could say the same thing for bunshin no jutus, that kage bunshin is the same, just a different version.. they're similar, but different jutsus.

15. Scare Crow New Member

I go with the raikiri, because it's Kakashi's version of the move. He inveted it and he propably mastered it the most. Although the blach chidori looks way cooler than the usual one... :laugh

16. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Since Raikiri is S-ranked while Chidori is A... Plus Kakashi performs it differently. Don't misunderstand me, i'm going for tha black one, but you shouldn't make dumb arguements because you think the black one would win.

17. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    I doubt Kakashi would be stupid enough to actually go through with this test knowing he was going to be sliced in two.

18. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Kakashi wouldn't be sliced in two though.
    Sasuke would fap his...wings... towards Kakashi, expecting a straight Chidori vs. Rasengan power battle, and he'd have a Raikiri in his face before he realized he was dead.

19. korican04 ftp-nin

i don't want to get into this argument about chidori and raikiri, but i just want to point out that your analogy needs to be tweaked cause kage bunshin and bunshin no jutsu aren't similar. Kage bunshin actually can hit you and hurt you, bunshins don't do anything and can't actually hurt you.

but i get your point. :)

you probably wanted to use kage bunshin and water bunshin or something since both can hurt you while bunshin do squat. that is all.

happy arguing

20. Ninja Genius Strong Survive, The Weak Die

Who cares a lot of people are trying to make this a kakashi vs Sasuke battle when it's a raikiri dark chidori battle becasue they don't want to say Sasuke has something more powerful then Kakashi.

I think Sasuke's would stops Kakashi's Raikiri because of the reason the other poster stated above, Insane power input. If dark Chidori has enough power to cancel Kyuubi form Naruto's Rasengan then it's good enough to take out Kakashi's.

21. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Sasuke DOES have something more powerful then Kakashi.

If Kakashi wanted to open all his gates and use a overpowered Raikiri, he could blow up a waterfall too. Don't say Kakashi can't open his gates; even if he can't, he could learn if he wanted to.

But it's pointless.

22. NecroAngel Member

What? ... you seem to have what I'm saying wrong.. you seem to agree with me saying that it is indeed a different thing, my comment was directed at Tautou who doesn't think so.

Yeah, that's what I meant.. I said Bunshins meaning all bunshins like Mizu bunshin no jutsu etc

23. Ninja Genius Strong Survive, The Weak Die

I don't get it..were you trying to say that I'm wrong because you admitted that Sasuke has something more powerful then Sasuke? Or did you mean to type "DOESN'T" and back it up with opening the gates? And which gate increases chakra?

24. Boreas Youma's hunter

Well...my guess...is that the black chidori is comparable to Amaterasu/Katon... it means... Sasuke probably discovered by itself without M Sharingan the last technique of Uchihas.Susanowo...(especulation in the myths)

25. koopo Hunter

You are talking like a madman! Stupid, If we are going to debate like that I can say:
    Sasuke will open 8 gates and find 18 hidden gates and open them all and he could blow up Scandinavia. Im not saying he can but he could learn.

If you compare the power between the Raikiri Kakashi killed Haku with and the Black Chidori Sasuke preformed. Kakashi would be half if even that.

The question was wich on is more powerfull.. Not who is the better.

Creating a poll is just silly. You know well polls that invols Sasuke can not be created. 80% hates sasuke and would vote against him no matter the topic.

26. DivinePunishment Doesn't Want A Custom Title

Sasukes Black Chidori would probally win, just to much raw power.

27. Raikiri R.I.P. Kisame, keep pimpin

I say Raikiri wins. I will admit that I am a bit biased, though.

28. RaitoRyuukashin Banned

29. datboidere2 Isn't it early to be a Kage?

ehh....i think the black chidori is strong, but naruto's rasagan killed it. and naruto isn't as strong as kakashi at this time. so i think kakashi would nullify it and knock back sasuke

30. Raikiri R.I.P. Kisame, keep pimpin