1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

School is that boring [2]

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by Dimezanime88, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Dimezanime88

Yea, did this just for fun while in classes. It's Kasugo again, and I'm still working on his looks. Because of the small eyes, he looks young in the big pic, so please excuse me for that. It was a sketch done in ink so there was nothing I could do. And oh, I swear, don't most artist get annoyed when they are doing their drawings, some unknown person comes to your side, lacks anime and manga knowledge, and automatically assumes that either your drawing is a rip-off of Dragon Ball Z or Naruto? God, I don't blame the mainstream animes for giving such regular "cartoon" watchers such pleasure, but they should recognize original arts as well. And oh, for those that can't see well, Kasugo is carrying a guitar in its cover.

Tags:
  2. nt90

looks really good ^_^. I don' think the eyes on the big one throw it off that much.

3. Dimezanime88

4. Aether

nice i wish that i could draw like that in class but im too aware of other people
    i like the eyes but the thing on his knee is creepy looking

5. Feathers!

math is important no matter what so id do less drawing and more paying attention.

6. BlackBeret

Actually I drew a picture one time of an anime girl and this girl asked if it was supposed to be Sailor Moon.........yeah I know what ur talking about with the peoples lack of knowledge.

Nice little sketches though.

7. Dimezanime88

Thank you guys! And yea, they are damn annoying!

8. Haruka

I wish I had the talent of doodling in class without getting caught.

When ever I try to be a ninja and draw in class, my prof. always busts me.

9. Dimezanime88

Lol, but you gotta understand, I'm a senior and I take my classes seriously. If I didn't, you would be seeing 10 parts to this series everyday, each. I do this when I find the class subject to be not of importance, substitute, or we are giving a break because we are ahead of the lessons planned.

10. Haruka

You're 16, and you're a senior? Damn. you're 2 years early.

11. Dimezanime88

Lol, nah. My birthday is in Dec27, so automatically, I'm considered late in the year, and of 1988.

EDIT: For those who didn't get that, it means that I may look young to be a Senior, but that's because my birthday is late in the year, so therefore I turn 17 late than others of '88. Most people are gonna be turning 18 soon.:(

12. OniTasku

Eh, I won't be 18 until May, so I kinda understand.

Man, that does bug me though when people assume you're drawing some rip-off of Dragonball Z. I mean, I'm pretty much drawing all original characters now, yet some people are like "Cool, DBZ, right?". XD

Awesome sketching though. The characters is really taking on a lot more specific details and fine tuning. I really like how he's turning out. I can't wait to see more. Math, bah, who needs math. XDD

13. Dimezanime88

Its good to see how us OC artist can relate! We should make a club or something!

14. Gene

The face of the center pic. looks a little wierd. Almost girlish.

15. Dimezanime88

Girlish?! I would say young, but Girlish? I already said that I made the eyes small, but I can't really see what makes him look Girlish. Please explain.

16. A3-kun

17. Dimezanime88

Great doodles. I wish I had the digital camera that I have now for when I was is highschool (5 years ago). I liked to give my desk a tatoo, one time I drew/colored a picture of Piccolo "death beaming" pikachu.

Sorry for the tangent there. I would have to say that the style is extremely Narutoish. Not so much the bodies, but looking at the heads I can see where people would say that it is a "rip off" of Naruto, the people that made the DBZ comments must be high off of something.

19. Dimezanime88

And what exactly of the heads do you mean? It would be nice if you pointed them out so that I can understand better. Here's a latest. You can pick one out for me.

My eyes is done in a different style. Eye brows differents. Head shape, can't really tell from this perspective, but I only follow the basic oval head shape, unless Kishimoto-sensei was the creator of that. My eye shades are totally different. I don't do one dots. Hair style completely different, and if shown in color, Kasugo has Grey-Silver hair color. Need I say more?

I would usually draw like this for a head:

But the style I did for Kasugo on my losseleaf, is the way I do him in the manga. When I do off-topic drawings not relating to the series, that is how I do things.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005