1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Scotland First Country to Embed LGBT Rights in the Curriculum

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Cheeky, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Cheeky 21st Century Schizoid Man

United States

Spoiler: Will probably go something like this

Tags:
  2. Mider T VM Zombie

>Country

Pick one

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Sad! Sad! x 1
    • List
  3. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Ninja'd. :ninja

I once got into a Wikipedia edit war on whether Taiwan was a "country" or a "jurisdiction."

• Sad! Sad! x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  4. Takano-san Brujo

Spain, Canada, United States
    Or it could be stuff like...

Spoiler:

5. Pliskin Well-Known Member

Makes sense for men in skirts to be progressive.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

How Prussian are their methods? Prussian style education = conservative.

7. GRIMMM The Black Empire

Scotland taking the progressive lead in the UK as usual.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Edward Newgate 世界最強の男

9. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

I literally brought this up in another thread.

And no, this is not the same shadow. Scotland is and acknowledges that it is and operates as a part of Britain.

Taiwan has been a fully sovereign country not governed by Mainland laws for many decades. Your continued attempts to push the "One China" narrative regardless of actual demonstrable reality are quite stomach churning.

10. Pliskin Well-Known Member

At least until future referendums change that point, true.

11. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

They had their referendum, they shouldn't get another one because they have to abide by a group decision they personally dislike.

Saying you'll only ever be subservient to an entity as long as they never do anything you disagree with is hypocrisy of the highest order and anyone propagating this should get laughed at in the face.

12. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I think majority decisions should be able to be overturned by a new majority in the future. I mean else women probably still wouldn't be able to vote anywhere.

And I think the UK of all places should show more sympathy and leniency towards separatist referendums.

edit: though your point about agreeing with 100% of decisions is weird, I have yet to see a call for a referendum with that exact weird reasoning.

13. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

The whole referendum was billed as a once in a lifetime thing. And now several years later the SNP were calling for another one because the Brexit referendum didn't go as they planned. They even complained about two thirds of Scots getting "Dragged forcefully out of the EU" if memory serves.

When they knew full well that was an eventuality they had to accept in the known upcoming national referendum.

14. Pliskin Well-Known Member

IIRC, a there was a lot of lowkey promising that the UK would be remaining in Europe and that the leavers that said a vote for the UK was a vote against the EU was just fearmongering.

Turns out the promises were empty and the fearmongering was actually an accurate assessment of the future, so going 'No take-backs, you suckers have to live with the error of believing us! For ever!!!! Muhahahahhaah' seems not to be in the spirit of democracy.

edit: also a referendum doesn't mean they leave. Clearly the UK believes that referendums lead to informed and rational decisions on these matters, else they wouldn't have done one themselves. So they could just trust the Scottish here to make an informed and rational decision

15. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

Any "promises" as to the result of a future referendum are irrelevant and should never have been made or accepted to be honest.

16. Mali ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Flag:
    Portugal
    Good on Scotland. I'm awaiting the scores of politically militant queer teens after being exposed to the histories of queer people on this planet dot com. The little hunties will be GAGGED!

17. GRIMMM The Black Empire

So much false information I don't know where to begin. Don't talk about stuff you don't have any knowledge about.

18. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

We would be a massively right wing country if Scotland didn't balance out England.

TBH I'm pretty glad they decided to hold the Scottish Referendum before the EU one. Might have tipped the balance and made England a much more difficult country to live in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

Also includes a video of the guy saying it.

And it includes him pointing out his argument is due to the Scots being "assured" of Scotland's place in the Eu before the Scottish referendum.

Also

to quote

So....which information I said was false again ?

20. GRIMMM The Black Empire

The once in a lifetime statement, totally wrong, it was once in a generation. Also your "they knew about the referendum", wrong again. The EU referendum was announced by conservatives in February 2016, after they won the election. This was two years after the independence referendum, after they stated Scotland would stay in the EU if they remained in the UK.

The "dragged out" statement is correct because the UK promised Scotland a place in the EU if they stayed with the UK. Brexit is now happening. The 2/3 that voted to remain in the EU, aka the majority of Scotland, are being dragged out by the rest of the UK when they overwhelmingly wanted to stay.

The reason independence is being floated again is because the UK have reneged on their promises to Scotland. The polls show independence is now in the lead. Its no surprise. Also you're posting outdated information about the date and rejection.

Again, don't comment and make stuff up about things you have no knowledge of.

21. Kafuka Fuura 仮面の告白

Flag:
    Japan
    I know rite.

The referendum was a nationwide vote, everyone knew this from the beginning, so this 2/3 argument put forth by certain Scots is pretty fucking hilarious and desperate. :lmao

Almost as funny as when wee Nicola said if the UK voted to leave the EU it would "automatically trigger another independence referendum."

Well, we're still waiting...

You're from the South of England, aren't you?

Outside London southern England would be massively right wing.

22. Killmonger NPC13211

23. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

Is there really a difference between "once in a lifetime" and "once in a generation" in this context ? I didn't expect anyone to exactly measure it out via the average lifespan in the UK.

And I may have misunderstood about when the EU referendum was announced, but I don't entirely agree with your statement about the UK having "reneged on their promises to Scotland". Simply put if the majority voted to leave, than to override the majority vote of the entire country because of Scotland is not a tennable option and any reasonable person in Scotland should know that.

And I posted the old article simply because I couldn't access the article I found about the Scottish Goverment's proposal without being a subscriber to the financial times, and I merely wished to post this as proof it was something Sturgeon was championing. I didn't hear much about this since then so I guessed the active campainging had died down.

My main point was to prove I've read the things you claimed were all wrong or false by giving you the link to them. I may have been misinformed on here (I forgot who that was) on the fact the Eu referendum was known, but I stand firm that the rest of what I said was factually accurate, at least as a report of responses and attitudes following the EU Referendum. Aside from that other confusion over "generation" vs "lifetime" which I meant mostly in the same way, but I can concede it may have ended up sounding more wrong than it should have given I was going from memory.

24. Dragon D. Luffy of the Stars

Except the main point of the remain side was "if you want to stay in the EU you should stay in the UK".

So UK lied to them. Which should at at le warrant another referendum.

25. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

I still find it kind of a baffling position that they expect the UK goverment to ignore the majority vote for their sake ?

I don't see how that's lying seeing seceeding would have forced them outside the EU instantly. If the EU doesn't like anything, it's nationalism and parts of their member states breaking off, since that's the big spectre haunting Belgium these what fifty years or more ?

Also you mean Remain as in Remain in the Uk right ? Or do you mean the EU Remain camp ?

26. Dragon D. Luffy of the Stars

Well it's not technically lieing but it's deception.

What UK did was the equivallent of a guy telling his wife she shouldn't divorce him because she doesn't have a job, and after she agrees, the husband immediately quits his own job and says "now you'll work for me instead".

27. Mider T VM Zombie

Nothing is technically "lieing", its lying.

28. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Scotland even in the UK is considered a country (So are England and maybe wales and northern Ireland.). It's just countries, sovereign states etc mostly overlap sometimes don't. UK is strange like that.

29. Nemesis The Sith Lord

Sokovia
    Yes people not being treated like shit and given equal treatment and people growing up to realise equality is disgusting. I mean purity of Male dominance and women being shoved in the kitchen while LGBT people just being told "Be glad it's not Iran now go hide in the closet before we attack you ourselves." is the right option.

30. wibisana still newbie

Poland
    Yes a lifetime is like60-80yrs

New generation come.like in 20yrs

Are you stupid?