1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Scratch the Itch

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by o0oEnderIlleso0o, Nov 14, 2005.

1. o0oEnderIlleso0o

I've been listening to a few artists lately that have been blowing me away and I feel the need to spread the love. Everyone has the itch for new music.

Taughtme: Ready to Go Under- Influenced heavily by Bjork, this intensely intricate, electronic tidal wave takes a pair of headphones to really appreciate. Like Bjork, the vocals aren't easily digested upon first listen by most, but demand second and third listens. The main vocalist writes the entire album and then records everything himself.5 out of 5

Gregor Samsa- Found this one on a Red Sparrows LP split and can't turn it off. Will appeal to GY!BE and Rachel's fans. The Red Sparrows LP split makes sense, but Gregor Samsa contains a level of instrumentalism and earnest vocalism that sets it apart from RS. Also available from the group is an EP and an upcoming full-length. Listen to "Young and Old" and I guarantee you'll be hooked.5 out of 5

Goblin Cock- Pinback+Queens of the Stone Age+Dragons and Wizards=Goblin Cock. The music is catchy, fresh, and heavy. Just trust me on this one. 4 out of 5

I'm putting on my pimping hat as you are reading this. A few people are getting all three by default, but I am sure I will forget someone. Let me know if you are interested in any of these. All three are amazing and worth your time.

List your thoughts here after a good listen. I have some track highlights to I will mention.

LINKS-

Gregor Samsa

Goblin Cock

Last edited: Nov 14, 2005
    Tags:
  2. The Fireball Kid

Cool. Btw, Love the converge sig, they rock.

3. mow

Ace. I have my fair share of listeing to do this week. Cheers mate.

4. Catatonik

The Gonlin Cock track was amusing, looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

5. skunkworks

Thank ya.