1. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Breakfast!
    Deadline for entries: February 10th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Art Lounge Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We consider ideas for a brand name. You can probably come up with a good one. Click. Within cells, interlinked.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in Flash Fiction -- Photo!
    Deadline for entries: January 29th by 11:59pm EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Season one or season two, which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of November 07' started by MarthX7, Nov 10, 2007.

Which is better, season one or season two?

1. Season one

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Season two

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. MarthX7

Tags:
  2. Amatsu

I like both equally. Because they both tie into one huge story that is just really great. I mean you can't have season one without season two or things just wouldn't make sense.

3. MarthX7

Of course they're both great but that doesn't stop one from being better than the other.

4. KLoWn

I prefer season 1, if i can say that without getting fuckin jumped by a certain someone.

5. Amatsu

6. MarthX7

Let's not start that here too. We've had enough of that in the other thread.

7. Amatsu

I'm trying to but he does this purposely to piss me off.

8. KLoWn

Says the one who goes WAAHH!! everytime someone says they don't like TTGL, OP or whatever you're into.

He keeps bashing stuff he doesn't like, but enters whine-mode when someone does the same with animes he likes.

Only a retard could say that shit, get your ass to the other thread and explain why you started fight with no reason.

9. MarthX7

10. Amatsu

You must feel like a big man putting others down. Does it make you feel better about yourself?

11. KLoWn

You can spout whatever shit you want, the fact is that you started this fight with me for no reason other than me saying i liked Part.1 better than Kai.

I was watching Heroic Age and had no intention whatsoever to get into a fight until you started this.

12. Amatsu

You had every fucking intention. You instigated it in both threads. Your little innocent act is getting you nowhere.

13. KLoWn

No, i wrote in this thread after you jumped me in the other one without a reson, and i am innocent btw, it's easy to tell if you look in the other thread :)

14. Amatsu

No you're not since you jumped on me in the other thread. Like you do in every fucking thread I see you in. Not only that but you aren't innocent at all since every time I see you; you need to start drama and shitstorms with me. I'm honestly tired of it.

15. KLoWn

I haven't had a debate with you since the thing in the OP section, and after that we haven't had fight at all, cuz of the PM convo we had, if you remember that one.
    So don't start this "He stalks me everywhere!!" stuff cuz it's just a lie, and you know it.

16. Yamazaki

They both have good things about them and are quite different which is why I don't really want to compare them. But if I have to prefer one of them I have to say that I was more excited to watch through the first season than the second.

17. Amatsu

I didn't say you stalked me everywhere. I said that whenever we're in the same thread it is YOU who starts shit up with me. YOU are usually the one who quotes me and starts cussing and crap. YOU are the one who pisses me off and forces me to retaliate. YOU are the cause of the problem. Not the solution. Because of the comment you made at the top of the thread. This thread has already gone off track a lot.

You must be a glutton for internet drama. But I'm not. I'm fucking sick of your crap and I'm fucking sick of you. I thought we were going to try and not get into these fixes after the thing in the One Piece section, but I guess you just can't control yourself.

In any case. I wish to apologize for ruining this thread for Marth. I hope we can get back on track now.

18. QBnoYouko

Guys, guys... settle this somewhere else please. A guitar battle for the ages or over the phone, PMs, whatever. Just not here.

Going back to the topic at hand, I myself choose Kai. Sure you can say the question chapters were immensely awesome, but Kai is so much better in every way. The art is better, the animation is better, the mystery is solved, and you get to understand everything much clearer. It's like we've been saying. You watch for the action (be it whatever gore, violence, etc.), but you stay for the plot. If one can notice, the seiyuu put a lot more effort into their character too. More Rika = awesome.

19. KLoWn

There's a whole lot of stuff in here that's bullshit, but for the sake of this thread i'll let it slide.

Soz for the off-topic crap.

20. Amatsu

Sorry Youko. I wasn't trying to start anything up in here or anything...

Anyways as I said I like both equally because season 1 makes you ask a lot of questions, and season 2 takes those questions and answers them thus weaving Higurashi into one big story that is just plain spectacular. It's one of the reasons I love it so much. The plot is pretty complex and it takes a long time to figure everything out, but it leaves you satisfied afterwards.

21. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

I have to say I'm more in love with Kai, partially due to all the headway that was made from the original season.
    The addition of Hanyuu and the pieces of the puzzle slowly but surely coming together makes the second season all the more interesting. Plus, it was awesome seeing the main crew trying so hard to go against fate and come so close only to be thwarted at the last minute.

22. Amatsu

Indeed. By the end of season 1 you know that something is going on, but it isn't until season 2 that everything comes together and that's what makes Kai so wonderful. It really cements the story together and ties up all the losose ends. Plus how could anyone hate Hanyuu-chan? XD

23. Clouds-Are-Nice

I think they're both equal for me. As a story the original is more gripping to me, but I find the sequel more fun.

For the first season I was pretty much tied (chained and nailed) to my seat with all the mysteries and intrigue, the storytelling and atmosphere was top notch despite the horrible art at times. ^^

The second season while the focus of the story changed, I think I enjoyed it more. I liked how the answers came together and how they united to fight against fate; the characters still surprised me but it wasn't the same kind of surprise as in the first season. I liked watching the how the characters grew stronger and saved each other.

24. dspr8_rugged

Hard question. Both seasons are good on their own. Without the "surprises" of the first season, I won't probably be watching.

Although it's Kai for me. The fact that it managed to refute and prove some of my theories I came up at the end of Season 1 made it a better deal.

Yes, there could have been some boring moments (read: first part of Minagoroshi-hen), but the majority of the series so far has made me go, "Oh, so that's how it is..." a lot of times.

25. QBnoYouko

Up until the showdown moment with Takano, I couldn't really stand Hanyuu. She really opened up her eyes there and I never heard Horie Yui's voice like that ever. But without Hanyuu, Kai definitely would not have been more interesting.

26. Amatsu

aw I loved Hanyuu ever since I saw her. I mean her au au au is just too cute and she's just so adorable.

27. dspr8_rugged

She doesn't sound as intimidating as Kuro Rika though. Although I definitely agree that Hanyuu is what made Kai interesting.

28. Amatsu

Kuro Rika is win too. I love how intimidating she is. By the way Rugged you didn't comment on my new sig. XD

29. Clouds-Are-Nice

Kuro Rika and Hanyuu in badass mode were adorable. ^^

I'd also like to hear Kuro Rika try to say 'Ni-Pah~' in her dry cynical voice.:amuse

30. Amatsu

I'd love to hear it too. It would just sound cool. Even if Rika put no feeling into it.