1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Senator Fraser Anning egged after lashing out at Muslims: ‘They are the perpetrators’

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Sherlōck, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Senator Fraser Anning has been egged at an event in Melbourne where protestors and supporters clashed over his ugly NZ massacre remarks.

Senator Fraser Anning has been involved in an ugly altercation with a teenager at a speaking event in Melbourne.

The man who was yesterday roundly criticised for his comments on the Christchurch massacre was egged at an organised event where protestors and supporters of the controversial identity clashed in wild scenes.

Senator Anning was being interviewed by a Melbourne newspaper reporter at Moorabin when a teenager broke a raw egg over the back of his head.

A shocked Senator Anning turned towards the teenager and slapped at him with an open hand in the face. He lashed out at the teen a second time as the pair were separated.

The teen was held down and questioned by officials before being led away by police. He was later released without charge pending further investigations.

After the teen was hauled away, a supporter to the senator the “younger generation” was “taking up the fight”.

Senator Anning responded: “Well he’s obviously a little on the crazy side, but yeah.”

Far-right activist Neil Erikson was involved in tackling the teen to the ground, according to The Age. He shouted at organisers to remove the protestor and to remove reporters.

“Get the journalist out of here ... If you don’t like, get out,” he said.

A tweet shared by ABC journalist Paul Barry showed the teen being carried away. A supporter of Senator Anning held the boy in a tight headlock and told him: “You are nothing but a weak human f***ing being.”

Barry went on to say Senator Anning can “resign from parliament as soon as he cleans (the egg) off”.

The clash followed a scathing response to Senator Anning’s press release in which he appeared to deflect responsibility for Friday’s attack from the gunmen to New Zealand’s immigration program.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison slammed the Queensland senator’s comments, as did both sides of politics and the mainstream media.

Piers Morgan wrote: “Are you f***ing kidding me? This guy is an Australian senator? SHAME on you @fraser_anning.

“I hope your fellow Australians respond to this disgusting statement with the same blind fury I am feeling.”

News.com.au political reporter Sam Clench wrote: “The Australian senator currently spewing racist garbage in response to the New Zealand mosque attack got 19 votes at the last election. Nineteen. Maybe we need to rethink our electoral system.”

In his comments on the parliamentary letterhead on Friday, Senator Anning lashed out at New Zealand for the way it handled immigration.

“I am utterly opposed to any form of violence within our community, and I totally condemn

the actions of the gunman,” Senator Anning said in his statement.

“However, while this kind of violent vigilantism can never be justified, what it highlights is the growing fear within our community, both in Australia and New Zealand, of the increasing Muslim presence.

“As always, left-wing politicians and the media will rush to claim that the causes of today’s shootings lie with gun laws or those who hold nationalist views but this is all clichéd nonsense.

“The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place.”

Senator Anning went on to say that while Muslims may have been victims of attacks, he claimed they were also perpetrators. and blamed deaths on “the entire religion of Islam”. “It is the religious equivalent of fascism,” he said.

He ended with a passage from the bible and said those who followed a violent religion that called on them to murder “cannot be too surprised when someone takes them at their word and responds in kind”.

While evidence of him sharing that statement has been removed from his social media counts he tweeted:

A media adviser for Senator Anning told news.com.au yesterday there had been no backlash to the statement, but it only took minutes for social media to blow up in outrage.

Among the criticism was a rebuke by Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who described the statement as “disgusting”.

“I want to absolutely and completely denounce the statements made from Senator Anning

in all of the comments that he has made in his conflation of this horrendous terror attack with issues on immigration and Islamic faith,” Mr Morrison said in a press conference on Saturday.

“These comments are appalling and ugly and have no place in Australia and he should be frankly ashamed of himself.

“It’s not somerthing my government assosicates with or any one would seek to associate with.”

Mr Morrison said the government will lead a motion of censure against Senator Anning in parliament.

“Parliament, I’m sure, will express a very clear view about what he’s had to say,” Mr Morrison said.

“The remarks by Senator Fraser Anning blaming the murderous attacks by a violent, right-wing, extremist terrorist in New Zealand on immigration are disgusting.

“Those views have no place in Australia, let alone the Australian Parliament.”

Labor Opposition Leader Bill Shorten also slammed the “obscure” Senator.

“While families in Christchurch mourn for loved ones they’ve lost, an obscure Australian Senator saw this act of terrorism and tragedy as an opportunity to blame the murder victims,” Mr Shorten said.

“He deserves the contempt and condemnation of decent people everywhere. He does not speak for our parliament or our country.”

On Sky News, political journalist Kieran Gilbert said someone with those views did not belong in parliament.

“I find him absolutely disgraceful,” Gilbert said. “It’s disgusting.”

Many chose not to share the statement at all.

“No, but we do see the link between certain senators and violence,” wrote one man on Twitter.

“Please don’t do this today. Show some dignity and compassion. You might find you like it.”

Another wrote: “Fraser Anning is a bad person in his heart. Just a nasty, ugly waste of human life.”

Queenslanders said they were “disgusted” the politician represented their state.

“You are just appalling,” wrote another.

Others who supported his sentiment were also slammed.

Following the backlash, Senator Anning has continued to defend his comments.

In another tweet he doubled down saying Friday was not an “excuse” to forget lives lost to “Islamic terrorist attacks”.

Tags:
  2. stream Do something, Naruto!

Politicians need to know what people think of what they say. I suppose raw eggs is a way to do it, but as to myself, I prefer cream pies :hmpf

3. Ruthless Tsuchikage Well-Known Member

So....a wacky politician ended up slapping a kid? That guy is not having a good PR weak between blaming victims of a shooting and beating a kid.

But that's populism for you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. MrGayNight Well-Known Member

I think I heard that the kid was choked to unconsciousness by those retards too.
    Something I found on foreign thread

5. RemChu † w a v e s †

He punched the kid? Wow.

6. Ruthless Tsuchikage Well-Known Member

Slapped rather then punched but...yeah. In America he'd be sued by the parents already. You don't hit kids. Heck, you shouldn't even hit adults.

7. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Doesn't really need it's own thread.

8. Stunna Your huckleberry friend Retired Staff

This kid's a badass.

9. Takaya Well-Known Member

Kid's trending on twitter under #eggboy and #EggTeen - gutsy as fuck, that kid, walking in there knowing what might happen around all Anning's pet thugs.

10. Death Certificate Well-Known Member

11. Saishin Hajimemashite

The kid deserves a medal

12. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

The eggkid deserved a beating, what a twat.

• Dislike x 7
    • Funny x 2
    • Neutral x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Sad! x 1
    • List
  13. Death Certificate Well-Known Member

Oh I have great news for you

Australia bars Milo Yiannopoulos over mosque attack comments

14. Takaya Well-Known Member

He's carrying on a , really.

15. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

They are barring Milo again ? How homophobic of them :hurr

16. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Talk shit get hit.
    Racist comments pure and simple

17. Stunna Your huckleberry friend Retired Staff

The kid shoulda' used a baseball bat.

18. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Yeah sure lets age him up a bit that makes him more punchable

19. GRIMMM

Love the right saying "the kid needs beat", when they were crying about kids being harrassed during that MAGA hat incident a month ago.

Short term memory huh?

20. JH24 Well-Known Member

This teen knew he was going into the lion's den, yet he still decided to do it. I have nothing but respect for him. Against hateful people like Anning, it takes a brave soul to stand up to it.

Also, the excessive force they used to restrain him. Such tough guys. Such heroes... Worst part is that they probably feel good about themselves beating up a 17-year old. Despicable.

21. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

lmao, that's not even remotely similar. you crazy :mjlol
    The Kid literally assaulted the senator. While the MAGA Kids were harrassed for wearing Trump hats.

22. HolyHands Let me touch you

HowToBasic would be so proud

23. GRIMMM

>conveniently ignoring the fact the kid was attacked by other right-wingers

No surprise you lack the ability to understand context.. you are a Chie level poster afterall. Also noted that you think it's ok for adults to beat kids up.

24. WT #for the watch

Thats why I admire him.

25. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

So do you, but we can’t go around just saying it.

26. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Was he attacked before he attacked the senator ? what are you talking about lol ?
    If you're talking about the people in the crowd attacking/restraining him after the egging, that's completely justified.

You're such a try-hard. You think you're superior to Chie ? lmao.

Also, unless the kid is like under 12 or something, then I'd say it's not justified. But he's clearly a teenager and nearly 18, so yes he should be treated like one. If he wants to play big man, then he can get treated like one.

who did I physically attack ? :cat

27. NeoTerraKnight Well-Known Member

28. RemChu † w a v e s †

Man you love sucking up to racists and bigots. :ok

29. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Apparently egging someone is now considered assault.

I find it hilarious the right whines, and moans, and BITCHES about how kids nowadays are so weak and whiny, yet someone gets egged and they scream "ASSAULT! ASSAULT! HOW DARE HE!!!11!!"

My goodness, the right sure has gotten spineless.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  30. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

>Attacked the Senator

My dude, it was an egg. How much of a wimp are you? :skully

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List