1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sesshomaru vs Vampire Hunter D

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by tri-sapphire, Nov 17, 2005.

Sesshomaru or D?

1. D slays the demon!

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Sesshomaru is too much for D!

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Tie.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bad choice for an opponent.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tri-sapphire

Anyways, a few of D's stats:

His sword is said to be faster than a laser gun, and his reflexes are able to keep up with someone moving faster the eye can see. D has taken out people who can move at 370 mph and double jump/attack from any angle silently as if it were nothing. This is also with drawing his sword from his back.

His sword skills are also so unholy that his skill alone was enough to cause an unhealable gash in a creature that can close wounds in an instant. Even most vampires who can take spears through their guts and laugh about it while pulling it out, can't regenerate wounds caused by D.

His skill with projectiles is beyond imagining. He throws foot long wooden needles so fast that they burn white, and so fast that the throw itself (or even several throws) isn't visable to the human eye. The opponent will only barely see a white flash before realizing that something/several things is/are lodged in their chest. He can also handle them so skillfuly that they actually get stuck in stone.

His aura/killing intent alone is enough to affect even the most fiercesome vampires. Needless to say, most humans are paralyzed by it.

He took two bullets from a magnum into his gut without flinching, and with no visible setbacks. He was also able to deflect a whip handled by a master without moving a muscle, while on a horse. Even when that master split the whip into 8 strands and caught his neck, arms, and upper body, he escaped without even breaking the circles, and without lifting a hand.

D's beauty transcends that of any mortal. Everyone is affected by it, from the toughest ruffian, to the most conceited woman. In other words, he can have any girl he wants, at any time.

Sesshomaru does stand a chance with his new Tenseiga. But would he be fast enough? There's also the possibility of D escaping the underworld. He's escaped from a pocket dimesion already, though it took earth, fire, air, and water (he used his own blood) to do so.

So, thoughts? Or did I again choose a bad opponent for the dunpeal (dhampir) hunter :sweatdrop?

Tags:
  2. Chamcham Trigger

No you choose a good matchup and good descriptions. I'm stumped. they're both such cool and powerful characters, but In the end I'll go with Sesshomaru. The powers in Inuyasha seem to be a notch higher than Vampire Hunter D

3. Id

Or

Id love to see these two fight it out along with D or Sess taking on Kyo. But Im going with D on this one.
    Althou many would argue Alucard Hellsing>>Castlevania SOTN>>Vampier Hunter D.
    D is no pussy and can dish out/take punishment at extreme levels. (Plus I love VHD!)

4. tri-sapphire

I just read the preview for the third book, here's an excerpt:

"Into the darkness were born a number of streaks of light. Like silvery fish that burst flying through the waves, the beams of light looked as chaotic as spindrift, but their accuracy was truly peerless. Each individual flash lanced through the hearts of countless villagers. Five hundred vampires hit in a mere instant..."

Read some of the books, and you'll see that the enemies D has faced are definitely on par with Inuyasha characters. Sesshomaru may have more power, but speed and skill seem to be on D's side in this battle.

Sesshy does still have his new Tenseiga. I wonder if D can avoid it?

5. DarkLordDragon

D take the fight, I don't think Sesshomaru is even close to the count in the first movie, D after so many years were able to obtain more powers, D is more superior in this fight

6. Alucard

Demons vs Vampires? i dont know.. but i ll go with the Demon

7. Id

Damn I Still have to go with D (I just saw the movie again..:laugh ). Hes like the anime version of Alucard from Castlevania SOTN,
    And the man dishes/takes lots of punishment.

6/10 in D's Favor.

8. Alucard

Heh... if Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D were in the same universe..then you know who is D's Daddy..LOL

PS... I STILL GO WITH Sesshoumaru-sama....:laugh

9. Id

lol yeah thats funny. (Cus- well Alucard would be D dady.) Thinking about it would be kinda of cool if that would happend. D's all calm and to himslef, While Alucard is like an attention whore:laugh

10. Alucard

hah...and D's Mother could have been Integra Winngates Hellsing!!!:amazed

11. tri-sapphire

Actually, Dracula is still alive and well in Vampire Hunter D. D encouters him in the second book, and from the looks of it, the original Dracula would make Alucard seem like...well, a genetically altered clone. One nowhere near the original.

And since D might well surpass his father by the end of the series (there are 17 books so far, and only 3 translated into English so far), D in the 17th book might well be able to take out Alucard, as:

Alucard is not invincible, nor truly immortal. Dracula on the other hand, is older than Alucard, more experienced, probably has more powers (not sure yet, but should be revealed as Dark Horse continues to translate the novels), and is the original Sacred Ancestor.

Back to the fight...

Could you elaborate a it more on why you think Sesshy would win, DemonAlucard? Sesshy doesn't seem to be nearly as fast as D, and strength is debatable, as even a frail girl vampire has the strength to tear a high density steel alloy out of conrete with ease.

12. FireEel

There is one thing everyone needs to understand about Sess's reforged Tenseiga.

It is not some kind of weapon that creates big energy waves or powerful slashes that an opponent can see and block, or counter. In fact, I am not so such if one can even dodge it actually.

The reforged Tenseiga works like this...Sesshoumaru draws his sword and simply slashes it in his enemies direction. That's it, that's the end of the fight. There is no energy or force like Tensaiga Kaze no Kizu. Instead, what happens then is that a blackhole is immediately formed at Sessy's target location, and this blackhole at his current level is that of a quarter moon. Whatever part of the target that is in that moon would be taken into hell.

In short, every enemy whom Sessy has fought with his new Tenseiga ended like this...

1) Sucked into the black hole never to be seen again
    2) Their stomach was caught in the black hole and taken away, meanwhile, they died from the missing body part

With Sesshoumaru as an opponent, unless one took him very seriously and went all out at once, otherwise, the fight will be over when he slashes in your direction.

13. Id

So do you think Sess can take on Kyo in his true body?

14. Alucard

YUP.... here are some images ... although its a diffrent Demon that he killed

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

15. lekki

Sesshomaru for the win unless D was told about the sword.

The only people who can survive Sesshomaru are those that can cope with the sudden loss of several major body parts and that list is extremely short.

16. tri-sapphire

And D's speed, ability to sense such distortions in the fabric of the universe, and no-holds-barred tactics wouldn't be able to avoid this?

Sorry, but if I didn't think otherwise, I wouldn't have let Sesshy have his Tenseiga in this fight to even the odds.

I agree that D wouldn't be able to block it (though he might be able to in full vampire mode, which hasn't been covered by the books yet), but his speed, skill, and other abilities are incredible. Sesshy might not even have time to draw his sword, as D usually goes all out in the beginning of a deathmatch. He can definititely handle people as fast as, or faster than Sesshy, and he would most likely try to end it in the first attack.

Anyways, I suppose letting Sesshomaru have an instant kill attack was a bit much :sweatdrop. Maybe I should have made this match against Sesshomaru as he was in the begining of the series.

17. Alucard

hmmm you forget that Sesshoumaru also has that Whip Attack. and in one episode ( which hasnt shown in america yet ) shows a flashback when he lost his arm to inuyasha...when he escaped to a near by village. a group of samurais surrounded Sesshoumaru and they had Rifles ( since the portugese introduce guns to Japan in the 1500 ) so when they fired at him.. sesshoumaru Deflected all of the bullets back at them...my point is the speed of the bullet today is around 600 mph..from a regular handgun...i am pretty sure that the speed of a bullet from a rifle from back then would be around 500 feet per second...which is around 350 or so miles per hour...if he can be that fast..while he was injured due to the lose of his left arm...who knows how fast he can be when he is fully recovered...and dont forget..Sesshoumaru is calm in every fights. :amuse ...if only i had that gif where sess reflects those bullets...oh well..........

18. tri-sapphire

Even if the above situation was in the manga (aka canon), then if Sesshy's top speed is fast enough to reflect several bullets moving at 400 mph, how does that fit in with him being nearly absorbed by Naraku? Surely someone who can move that fast with a whip, should have been able to cut off Naraku's tendrils before they managed to move an inch.

Sesshomaru can also apparantly move at the speed of lightning (from what I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong), along with Inuyasha and the thunder brothers. How the heck is Kagome seeing these fights when the fighters max speeds are fast enough to cause sonic booms?

*sigh*

Anyways, D has been able to deflect bullets, as well as electricity. He's also reflected several whip attacks by matsers without lifting a hand.

I still say the Tenseiga is Sesshy's main advantage, so maybe I should take it out to make the battle a bit more fair?