1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Sharingan issue [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by MementoMori, Oct 29, 2005.

1. MementoMori New Member

Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan is more powerful than Itachi's. What intrigues me is that Kakashi doesn't need eye to eye contact to make it work. He can send an explosion to another space, and if there wasn't Deidara's eye ball launched in his direction then there is no doubt he can do it on anything. If Itachi is able to do the same thing then why didn't he use it on Asuma, Kakashi, Gai and Jiraiya. The first three were looking at his feet so he could easily rip off their heds off without them having the time to think "WTF?".
    I think that Itachi's MS being rendered useless just by not looking into his eyes is the most stupid thing in the manga after seeing Kakashi in action. There are two possibilities that come to my mind: either Itachi's Sharingan is inferior to the Kakashi's or Itachi is fooling around all the time, knowing that there is noone near his level. What do you think?

Sorry for my English

Tags:
  2. slumpy doesn't need a Custom title

i thought that only for the doujustu there is eye contact needed.

3. Vodrake Member

Itachi's abilities with the Mangekyou aren't just restricted to Tsukuyomi you know...

His Amaterasu doujutsu just requires Itachi to look at an object and it is burnt down to it's component atoms. He could have used that at any point against Kakashi and co., but chose not to for whatever reason.

Amaterasu is pretty much the equivilent to whatever justu Kakashi used with his MS. In no way is Itachi's sharingan inferior to Kakashi.:amuse

4. MementoMori New Member

I reckon doujutsu means eyejutsu so every jutsu performed by using one's eyes is in general called doujutsu.

In that case, It makes me wonder what Itachi's motives are. There were some threads saying that Itachi might not be evil. Not killing Konocha ninjas when he apparently had a chance might contribute to that theory.

5. Hef Night Work

Moving to library. Please watch where you post. :Gaipose

6. DrDragan90 Don Genius

hmm well think about it a little...

itachi has had his MS for a long time now and we haven't seen him use it in 3 years so he might have got alot of good jutsus and stuff under 3 years... well we know kakashi got MS but i doubt he can use all of its essets yet... but maybe itachi can.. we'll se in the future

7. Uchiha Crip #4 Banned

That's some good points, however, there are few problems that make Itachi's sharingan superior comparing to Kakashi's.

First of all, Itach is UCHIHA. Unlike Kakashi, he doesn't need to perfom handseal nor cumulate chakra in order to activate mangekyou sharingan.

And as Vodroke pointed out, Amaterasu is pretty much equivalent of Kakashi's doujtusu, and perhaps, Kakashi's doujtusu could be a third special ability (Susano after Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu)of mangekyou sharingan that Itachi hasn't shown us before.

8. Walker Member

I hope Kakashi is the only one who has learned the Susano this far, it would get kinda old if Itachi had everything Kakashi had.

But yeah it really doesnt matter if your Uchiha because it will still be the same atack, but you might not be able to use it as much as an Uchiha.

Genjutsu-Black Hole-Sun fire

^ all equal imo

9. krskrft Member

Umm ... I think it would be really stupid if Itachi could get anybody with tsukuyomi, even if they weren't looking in his eyes. The move would then be known as the "If I look at you, you die/go into a coma" move. That would be kind of overpowered, if you ask me.

When Itachi and Kisame went to Konoha, they were trying not to waste time/energy on any of the Konoha jounins.

I think that, with Itachi, it was a mixture of having a mission to accomplish, as well as arrogance. He views most ninjas as being below him in skill, so therefore not even useful in expanding or proving his own strength. And on the other hand, he seems to be the kind of guy who focuses on the mission at hand and tries to minimize encounters, so I think that accounts for his behavior. He's not a nice guy, just arrogant and task oriented.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2005
  10. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

ERRR., NO.

Since Itachi has that same jutsu and is a master MS user. MS is not limited to three jutsus as people once thought.

and no, its not a different MS, because the MS appereance changes with each different MS jutsus.

read above.

Amaterasu burn anything he want once things are reflected in his MS eyes.

He would hav done that, but ther wouldn't have been any series at all, since Kakashi would be dead, Jiraiya would be dead, and Naruto would be dead too.

Something tells me you are new to this series.

Obvious, which one do you think?

The second one of course.

You don't need to worry about that.

11. Astranagun ...

your english is alright. it's just your reasoning that sucks. doujutsu doesn't mean you have to look at the user in the eye for the jutsu to work.

12. Leen Peacemaker

I agree with u, uchiha cop 1. Let me just add something. Itachi had killed his whole clan. U dont understand his personality. Once he had killed everyone, he got bored of killing. He did not killed Kurenai. He only wanted to catch Naruto. He had no motive to kill Asuma, Kakashi, Jiraiya and Gai. So why kill them??? Think about it. Itachi is no longer hungry for dead body. Others, read Uchiha cop1's post. :)

13. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Itachi shouldnt have this jutsu however im assuming that Itachi is better since hes had it longer. Hes had it longer and hes a real Uchiha. I see no way how Kakashi is stronger with it. Itachi is the MS master.

14. kir2u New Member

i think its quite simple.... u gotta realize that itachi is most likely being controlled by the leader of akatsuki seeing as how he never talks to any of them really.. he shows no imotions while other akatsuki members do..
    its a crazy theory but i think he got his ms from the leader of akatsuki against his own free will and had to kill entire race except!!! (sasuke) but why? sasuke is also able to become very skillful as he has demonstrated he learns quick... itachi saw and maybe with the little force he had left he chose not to kill him and in doing so... one day sasuke will end up saving itachi from akatsuki after all... it is not easy to escape from such highly skilled ninjas

it is clear to me that kakashis jitsu was to transfer something to another dimension... of course this is a forbidden jutsu.... seeing as how his body is completely imobolized afterwards.

he could not move at all, could barely speak..

then there are the 3 attacks that are based on the 3 dieties of shinto anyway.... amaterasu is suposed to be the strongest of all... thus i believe since it is a diety we are talkin about the black flame is most likely stronger than transporting someone to another dimension.. and it requires less stress

and last but not least... itachi is much stronger than kakashi since he always jokes around... he goes easy on everyone

i just think that akatsuki leader is gonna be fierce and too strong to even think about...

im wondering if there is an uzumaki clan that has been forgotten it explains why naruto has so much potential and the level of his own chakra

just dumb theories tho:)

15. TheoDerek Rise Against

Its not that Kakashi's MS is more powerful than Itachi's. We have only seen one of Itachi's techs and had another one mentioned. What if Amaterasu works the exact same way as Kakashi's jutsu? IMO the user creates their own jutsus with the MS. So if Amaterasu doesn't work like Kakashi's jutsu then Kakashi is just more creative than Itachi :p.

16. Gunners .

Itachi is better than kakashi, kakashi reached a level with sharingan but itachi can up that level or use it easier that kakashi can ever hope to.

Anyway itachi didnt kill any of them because he felt no need to and allowing them to live is part of a bigger picture.

side note: imo itachi killed his clan to rid himself of future problems with his clan alive he could be blackmailed etc. by killing them all emotional ties would be destroyed.

17. kir2u New Member

could be u never know... hehe

18. krskrft Member

Yeah, but this analysis is weak since he killed nearly his entire clan and, therefore, there aren't really a ton of people to compare him against.

19. Byakύya New Member

I think Itachi lives solely for his own reasons. Maybe he has other agendas for being in Akatsuki. And we haven't even seen his second mange sharingan attack yet. So you can't really compare the two.. but then.. cmon... what else can top a technique where you shoot black holes out of your eyes -.-

Kakashi makes superman look like preschooler...

20. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Actually, i think you are missing a very important manga reference...

Deidara says "...to think there is someone who can use doujutsu on the same level as Itachi..."

that means he KNOWS its doujutsu and he probably has seen Itachi use the very same jutsu that Kakashi has used.

all of this means that Itachi does possess the same jutsu and Kakashi's sharingan is not superior to Itachi's (which should be obvious)...

and yes, Itachi could have killed Gai, Asuma, Kakashi and Kurenai...but didn't for unknown reasons (well obviously a widespread massacre of the genins teachers wouldnt fly in a shounen manga but we'll ignore that fact) he didn't.

and had he wanted to he could have used Amaterasu on jiraiya but then Naruto wouldnt have a Sannin teacher and the story would kinda suck wouldnt it? so obviously Kishimoto will make Itachi have his own motives for doing certain things.

really people, most of this should be obvious. its not like any of these characters are real, there is only one man who is behind all of the characters actions and abilities and thats the author.

21. icoselitham Lost

Kakashi can only use his MS a few times, its hard to aim, and it puts alot of stress on his body. Kakashi also tires easily. I think Kakashi MS can be beaten with speed since he can't aim so well.

22. daiske phantom thief tamer

i dont think itachis ms is inferior but i think he dint do it when he could as most of you know when you use the ms takes an incredible amount of chakra plus if you use it to much you strain your eye a whole lot and you can go blind so maybe itachi was just being causius(dont knowt how to write that)
    well thats what i think

23. ui_gui Active Member

just like kakashi hasnt showed his Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu

24. ui_gui Active Member

he was running scared of Jiraiya

25. ui_gui Active Member

kakashi is several ranks above Ithachi. He achived somthing that is only seen one in several generations of Uchila. Ithachi only used his MS twice in a row and was done for the day. and Kakashi used it 3 times and he is not a UCHILA, meaning that he used up chakra several times more than Ithaci. AND I am comletely believe that Kakashi hasn't shown us his "THAT" JUTSU.

26. princeofpersia NInja from the middle east

umm if u didnt notice gai said that he contacted the anbu members...so if itachi did use HIS MS abilities most likely he would be unable to fight after that and a whole bunch of anbu coming after ur ass isnt pretty :D and in kakashis case he needed to use it in orded to save everyone so he did and he was pretty much as good as shit after he did so....thats what i think.....and i am not a big fan of the sharingan because of the way it decreases ur stamina like crazy when using it but thats jus me :laugh

27. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

Itachi used Mangekyou Sharingan three times that day:
    • One Tsukuyomi on Kakashi.
    • Another Tsukuyomi on Sasuke.
    • And Amaterasu right after that when escaping Jiraiya's Gama Guchi Shibari.
    And while Itachi had to deactivate his Sharingan afterwards, he was still able to move quite freely by himself. Kakashi had to have Gai carry him to Konoha after using his Mangekyou Sharingan Ninjutsu 3 times.

In fact, it can be argued that Kakashi used his Mangekyou Sharingan Ninjutsu twice, not thrice. The 2nd time he attempted to use it, it was incomplete.

His Mangekyou Sharingan Ninjutsu was "THAT JUTSU".

28. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

not only that but Gai was carrying him home even a few days after he used it...chiyo's burial mustve taken atleast a day or so.

29. metalanime I like Tits

kakashi only used ms twice, I dont know why people say its 3. The clay bird popped due to narutos rasengan.

30. princeofpersia NInja from the middle east