1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Shiggy and his test series

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Yak, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Yak Well-Known Member

The league has been laying low for a bit, doing whatever.

But I guess next time they'll come back it's gonna be real ugly. I assume the new Noumu they send after Endeavor was just the first sample in a performance test series born from the quirk enhancing drug which "fell off the wagon" in the aftermath of the Yakuza arc.

And depending on the data, there'll be further improvements and possibly a serialization for this shit. And once it's refined, tried and tested with sufficient results, the main villain group is going to use it themselves. Because, fuck training arcs to keep up with the main char. Villains take the easy road.

Tags:
  2. Tenma The Inferno

I think Toga and Dabi are already gradually getting stronger. They definitely seemed more formidable in the Overhaul/Pro hero arc than they did in the forest raid, or at least carry a greater presence.

3. Yak Well-Known Member

Nah, the forest arc was a warning shot. The initial idea wasn't to seriously fight, they were after something else entirely.

4. Kellogem Well-Known Member

putting in other Noumus as enemies is the worst possible way to go for the VA imo..I was fine with High End cause he looked cool and had a charm, but having these meat puppets instead of decent villains with a distinctive design and personalities., no thanks. and having the villains get boosted by drugs is the second worst. it'd feel so cheap and make the villains look pathetic thats the only way they can keep up. the drugs only enhance their quirks as well, so we'd get a bunch of lose canons firing powerful attacks instead of relying on skills and mastery of their quirks, which I prefer to see.

I want formidable, solid Stain / Muscular / Overhaul level of new villains in their lines.. still hoping for other villains nurtured by AFO he kept from Shigaraki cause he found them to be too valuable to have manchild attitude Shigaraki waste them with stupid plans but now they're about to get activated like Giganto. AFO had all the time in the world to pick up villains with great potential and take them under his wings - he surely has a lot to offer to them, and I think he should have the sources - information network, possibly a quirk to find strong quirks...etc - to spot them. I think it'd make no sense to not have his own elite group and connections with strong villains out there.

another thing I can see happening maybe not next arc but down the line is a prison breakout with some strong senior villains escaping Tartarus along with AFO, and joining with him and putting in use as Shigarakis henchmen. maybe some of them could be AFOs old comrades, I dont remember it was confirmed all might killed them.

Im looking forward to the development of the VA, hopefully next arc and it wont be a let down.

5. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    Get Shiggy with it!
    @na na na na na na na
    na na na na na na

6. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I'm glad this latest practice session between classes is almost over. I'm looking forward to the whole Hawks undercover plot line (which I hope is coming up soon). Also want to see Giganto make his appearance on the villain scene--and a breakout from Tartarus would bring back some great bad guys for another go at the heroes. We need some serious life or death battles for our UA students and faculty to face!

7. Kellogem Well-Known Member

Also want to see this Ujiko-san. its better be a she and looking cool.

also, something Id like to have is like an anti-UA for villains, basically some kind of underground training thing.. so there would be a reason they'd also get stronger. though you'd get to have some strong villain with the affinity to train the weaker ones for that, some villain-sensei for the VA.

I just wouldnt be able to buy someone like Spinner as a serious threat with the performance he had against the pussycats and an explanation like he trained some on his own.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018