1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shikamaru and his dad vs Sound 4

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Jonas, Jun 4, 2005.

Son and father vs Sound 4

1. Son and father

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Sound 4

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. draw

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Jonas

Special Episode 120: Shikamaru's in trouble ?! Shikas dad comes into rescue!!

So Shikamaru walks into the woods on a happy sunny day to relax.
    Sound 4: Hey fucker
    Shikamaru: Geez... im too lazy to fight..
    Sound 4: Well send you back to HELL!!

In the last second, Shikamaru's dad appears.
    Shikamarus dad: You're not shinobis.. but you're also not men
    Sound 4: What the he..?
    Tayuya: Are you callin me.. a.. female??! :mad
    Others: Oh boy..

Battle begins.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
    Tags:
  2. MartialHorror

CS lvl 2 Sound 4 I think would beat them.

With Shikamaru and his father it's all or nothing. Tayuya was never really hurt because Shikamaru failed...........so most likely the sound 4 would walk away a bit tired, but unharmed.

I just wasted my 1,000th post on this........

3. Jonas

Yeah it's all good :D
    But hey, the Jounin factor comes in handy here..
    Genma and Raidou get their ass handed down at low chakra vs Sound 4 cs2.. who also got hurt... So while maybe Shikamaru could hold one busy, maybe his dad could take those other three. or Shikamaru could come up with a plan and let his dad do the work?

4. MartialHorror

if Tayuya could force her way out of it........I'm sure the rest could.......at least Jirobou and Sakon/Ukon.

Kidomauru would be too careful to be caught in it right away.

5. Kalmah

Shik and his dad wud get away.....

6. Jonas

Yeah from a genin (he became a chuunin because of his brain). His dad is a Jounin :eyeroll and has greater shadowskills.

7. MartialHorror

But that won;t reach that far...........also, I doubt his Dad actually trains still. He seems even lazier than Shikamaru.

8. Jonas

No no.. he serves as a jounin of Konoha wich means that he get's missions quite often

9. MartialHorror

Yeah, and? Like Shikamaru, he doesn't always have to do alot.

Also, the Fathers are not as strong as the elite Jounin(kakashi and co) btw.

10. martryn

Where the hell are you getting this info? I'm guessing that the Nara's would take this. Nara Sr goes out on missions all the time. He's a trained and skilled shinobi. He's a jounin level nin, not a special jounin. While I agree that he is not a match for Kakashi, Asuma, and Gai, I believe he is more than a match for Kurenai and is about the equal of Zabuza in skill level.

If Nara Jr had more chakra, then he would have been able to finish Tayuya. Nara Sr has more chakra. We've already seen him dispose of huge groups of chuunin level nins during the invasion, so why shouldn't he be able to take on four other chuunin level nins? Kimi seemed to do it really easily and he is a jounin level nin.

11. ej_

CS lvl 2 would beat shikamaru and his dad............but i dont really know

12. martryn

Wow, informative posts, fellas.

13. KuwabaraTheMan

The Sound 4 had to go all out just to beat two special jounin who were already out of energy from another mission.

Shikaku is a jounin(stronger than special jounin), and would be able to beat the Sound 4 single handedly.

14. Jonas

I agree with marttryn.
    Two special jounins was about to kill the Sound 4.
    Now add a jounin that slightly inferior to the elite trio Gai, Asuma and Kakashi.
    Whereas this trio would own Sound 4, Shikas father would not own but have a rather easy fight with the Sound 4. Now add Shikamaru's brilliant ideas.

15. Marsala

When will people stop basing everything on rank? Obito was a Chuunin, and a mediocre one at that, and he killed a Stone Jounin that was using an A-rank cloaking jutsu and being careful as well. Shikato is just a stronger version of Shikamaru. He could probably have captured and finished Tayuya, but he'll never be able to hold and choke multiple members of the Sound 4 at once. It is possible that the Naras can win, but it will require completely outsmarting the Sound 4 and taking them out one by one.

16. Jonas

In theory, special jounins are weaker than jounins. and they almost got their asses handed down by low chakra genma and raidou.

17. starsun

The sound 4 would win, its so obvius. I mean all Shika and his father has is basic nin jutsu skills. The sound 4 got their own basic skills + CS2(and 3 if I remember correctly, maybe not :p)! So, the sound 4 would definetly become stronger besides its 4vs2...

18. MartialHorror

Good point that Gemma and Raido were on a previous mission, but didn't the Sound 4 fight Sasuke just a bit earlier(I dont really remember....)

But that is true. But once again, I dont see how the Nara's can get them all at once. Sakon, probably(but he might break out), Jiroubou, sure, Tayuya, possible, Kidomauru, no.

Kido caught Shikamaru easily without going CS, and Shikamaru and his dad are probably not fast enough to escape.

Once they are caught, they lose their shadow bind.

19. Jonas

Yeah, i know. That's why i think Shikas > Sound 4.
    Fight Sasuke? Yeah.. and you saw how that battle ended. They didn't break a sweat.
    Little shadow here, little shadow there and paw they're surprised and get caught. Otherwise, i think Shikas dad has a longrange shadow tech. [/QUOTE]

That's Shikamaru... Not fast enough? How do you know that?
    Ok.

20. martryn

Don't think that Nara Sr had just his signature jutsus. He's better than that. You don't get to be a jounin by knowing only one type...

Even Gai knows some ninjutsu.

21. Kno7

There's too much speculation here. We've only seen shika's dad use one jutsu, how are we supposed to predict the outcome of the battle?

22. MartialHorror

Yes, Shika's father would. But the shadow does not move very fast. It's a matter of how they can strategize to catch them with it. And Shikamaru is not very good at one on one. granted, his Dad is probably much better but that can make it Shika's dad vs sound 4. Now, I will agree that the Nara's would win if this was lets say........mission style?(like if it was Shikamaru/His Father chasing them) because they could strategize on the way. Both are leaders though(I'm assuming his father is also like Shikamaru) and.......they have no followers. Alone, Shikamaru is overrated. He beat Temari and Kin.......both females. And how are females potrayed in Naruto? While he lost to Dosu(Like Tayuya, he couldn't do anything else) and Tayuya.......

now with his Father, it's possible but that would mean he has X4 the amount of chakra Shikamaru has because he would be holding them all down.

Because their style does not require that much speed. I don't remember his stats though so can't be sure.

23. tri-sapphire

Heh, this could go both ways. The Sound 4 were almost beaten by a couple of special jounin (only jounin level in some areas), who were low on chakra after finishing their mission.

Shika's dad is a jounin, and Shikamaru is a chuunin who can create incredible battle plans. If the battle is in a forest, there would be a lot of shade for the two kagemane users to draw from, so I'd give the Shika team the win due to battle tactics and a fully rested jounin on their side.

24. Code

Shikimaru would have snapped Tayuya's neck with ease if he had more chakra. While we don't know how smart his dad is, we've seen him go against sound/sand Jounin and Chuunin. He walked up to them, then without any effort within seconds they were dead. I'd put the sound 4 cs2 only at chuunin level as 2 special jonins(who are basiclly chuunins that are very good in 1 skill set) thought they'd win if they weren't out of chakra.

So i'd say Shikamaru's dad should be able to take it alone possibly. He may have to twist Sakon/Ukon more than the others or just walk him off a cliff... but eithr way he's an very well experienced jounin.

25. RaitoRyuukashin

Could they even get out of the clay prison? Or dodge the barrage neji had to from Kidoumaru, And while all thats going on Tayuya could send her beasts to suck chakra, I doubt they could dodge both at hte same time.

26. lekki

Nara Sr. is a jounin. This means he has access to a lot of jutsus like Kage Bunshin, Make some Kage bunshins who also know the shadow imitation, and shadow neck bind. Man, this fight is in the bag for the Naras.

27. jariayaaaa

i think shika and his father win but just barely B/

28. ryuuyami

i think sound 4 would win, considering we dont know any of shikamaru's dad's abilities...and kimimaro kicks butt

29. darth254

I'd say the Sound Four. Not all of the Sound Four are idiots. Kidoumaru is brilliant and Tayuya (who had Shikamaru beat) has some brains. They can definitely coordinate the team. Plus, they can stay in ranged combat and give Shikamaru and his father a lot of trouble. Kidoumaru's webbing and arrows means the end for either of them and Tayuya's genjutsu would be too hard to stop with the other three attacking. Sakon/Ukon are tough as nails to defeat and can easily get into their bodies. Jiroubou can contain them with his earth techniques. The Sound Four are just too talented/versatile to be beaten by these two.

30. Dr.Jre32

shika and his dad kicks ass