1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shikamaru is a weak little girl

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Ghost_of_Gashir, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ghost_of_Gashir

Flag:
    Russia, Colombia

So, somehow through the amazing use of like 2 shadow binds, some shadow spears and about 30 seconds of fighting, Shikamaru's already at his limits?

Does thinking up a plan use up tsukiyomi-like levels of chakra or something? :amuse

Lame. It doesn't matter how much smarter Shikamaru got. He's got less stamina than he did during the chunnin exams! :laugh

Tags:
  2. Ofkinheimer

PWNED!

3. Ghost_of_Gashir

Flag:
    Russia, Colombia

Well...you got me there. :p

4. Ofkinheimer

5. Shikamaru-sama

Bear in mind he was trying to hold an akatsuki member. These nins are freaks and the force of their chakra must be overwhelming, especially for a nin without any curse seals or demons.

6. Splintered

Exactly, it's not like he's trying to hold a regular nin. These are elites, and if you could keep them at bay at all it's a good feat. It's a continous ninjutsu too, not like a katon where you just pour out a set of chakra at one time, he's constantly pumping chakra into his own shadow. :/

7. Sho

I don't understand why he doesn't just carry a bag of soldier pills, especially if he's on a dangerous mission like that. That would solve all of his problems. It's ridiculous actually.

8. Crowe

He'd be overpowering everyone else then, and how does the soldier pills work ? Do they replenish lost chakra or do they increase your chakra capacity ? Cause I believe Shikamura's problem is, low chakra capacity.

9. Kisame

they replenish chakra and allow you to go 3 days straight without eating or sleeping.

think thats what they said when kiba took them. Dont feel like looking back.

10. LordoftheAbyss

not really... it simply forces the body to produce more chakra. this has the effect of replenishing you chakra pool if u're exausted or boosting your power if u are fine... but it can't be done over and over... there is a limit to the produced chakra and it may cause body damage or even death to pull out more than u can produce!!!

11. Rikudou Sennin

Because Soldier pills put great strain on the body? it isnt some ''get out of jail free card''. It's the same reason why people dont sniff cocaine all day long: because it kills you.

And i hardly think it will do the manga good if Shika drops dead halfway through a mission because he O.D'ed...

12. Efernand

You are comparing holding a Genin to holding an Akatsuki member. Interesting.

13. Pyre's Plight

Obviously Kin and Temari were Shinigami level back then.

14. Spanish Hoffkage

Who told you he's at his limits. I bet he can still fighting for a while if needed.

15. Ghost_of_Gashir

Flag:
    Russia, Colombia

Yes...I am. He was also able to hold seven chunnin simultaneously during the same day he fought Temari when he "ran out of chakra". He was also shown able to hold Gaara, who you can assume has just as much chakra as any Akatsuki member. Here...he's held Hidan probably less than a minute and he's already kaput.

WEAK LITTLE GIRL! :nuts

16. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    Soldier pills = drugs Sasuke uses and look how strong he got.

Shika needs to get a prescription from Kabuto and do a few thousand push-ups. Or simply cut out the middle man and get a Cursed seal to boost him to Bijuu level.

17. Kisame

you really think shika could survive getting a curse seal?

I mean he gets scared fighting women.

18. FrostXian

Look, heres the point you don't know, thus mislead you.
    To hold someone in kagemane, or similar jutsu, Shikamaru must release a chakra level at least CLOSE to the enemies, Hidan's chakra is HUMONRIDIGULOCIOUS, since he's an Akatsuki, thats why he got worn out so fast.

19. I Я Reckless!

He has low chakra capacity, and he was trying to hold someone VERY much stronger than him.

But he should have been able to hold him a LITTLE longer tho, it did seem he got exhausted too soon

20. Space

And yeah, holding someone at akatsuki level shouldn't be that easy. Remember the girl from the 4 sounds with the flute? She could still move back then, but this time shika has actually forced hiden to move. Shika has gotten much stronger if you look it that way.

21. geG

*reads title* This thread automatically fails.

22. The Times

He's a Chuunin at the Chuunin Exams Examiner level.

And it is hard to hold an Akatsuki member. But he ran out of chakra here in...30 seconds? At least he held Tayuya for a minute or so. And this is Pre-Time Skip. shows how strong Akatsuki are. Shika wouldn't even be able to touch Kisame.

23. d3vlabs

it is stranged indeed. plot no jutsu convenience.

24. tictactoc

He already held the guy during the first ambush attack, for Asuma's strategy he used another shadow technique (the same to hold hidan down in this chapter). And he finally used again the Kagemane to stop Hidan when he tries to pierce his heart.
    That's NOT 30 secs...

25. Abrodude

Shika always had low chakra/stamina, he could barely even handle Tayuya, the weakest of the Sound 4. Frankly I'm surprised he even lasted this long against an Akatsuki nin

26. Naruko Supporting Staff

Quoted for truthiness. First time the series introduced soldier pills I thought hmmm , sounds just like coke/meth/speed. Go balls out for a couple days straight but* pay a price after. Short term is prolly a hard-crash after it wears off, long term = damage to the physical and chakra circulatory system I'd wager. I'm sure they exist for when you just *have* to use em, but there's obviously enough of a down side that we don't see them more often.

I was actually pleased to see Shika has learned some more shadow techniques, he's growing. And yeah considering Tayuya cs2 overpowered his jutsu but he held Hidan and I'd wager Hidan is much stronger than her, Shika has grown a lot - he just had a bitch of an opponent.

27. Space

Oops, confused him with Neji, my mistake.

28. Darth Judicar

Shikamaru has always had trouble maintaining his Kage jutsus, as they require much chakra to keep into place. It's natural he couldn't keep them up for a long time, as they've advanced in strength and ability, likely requiring even greater chakra to keep in place. Though he was holding together a powered up Hidan, an Akatsuki with even greater power thanks to a curse, so you must give him credit for holding it as long as he did.

29. dropoutninja

Let us not forget that shika used all of his shadow techniques in this fight and from meduim/long distance too. He had to hold an akatsuki class nin at medium range which is no small feat. Remember the strength of the shadow grip weakens the farther away he is from the person being held so I think shika proved that he has made great strides over the timeskip.

30. konohamaru_rocks

dude, shikamaru is a jounin. you just pwned yourself. get your facts straight before posting one liners lol