1. cafecontest
    Voting is live in the Cafe Banner Contest!
    Poll closes on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:37 AM ET.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shikamaru Nara vs. Neiji Hyuuga

Discussion in 'Dub Battledome' started by Hitsugaya Messenger, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Hitsugaya Messenger

Sorry if this has been posted already, but here it is:

Shikamaru Nara vs. Neiji Hyuuga. Now, we know that Shikamaru is smarter than Neiji, but Neiji has the aid of Byakugan and Jyuuken in a real fight. So, the genius of knowledge, or the genius of Hyuuga jutsu.

I personally think that, depending on the battlefield, Shikamaru could win this.

Tags:
  2. Sub-Zero

3. Sakure

Neji. Shikamaru is smart but he can't win against Neji... or he'd die or he'd run from the battle

4. Cobra

I have to agree with u on that

5. Hitsugaya Messenger

I still think that it depends on the battlefield. If they are fighting at a place where Shikamaru can do the same thing he did to Kin (have him hit his head on something), I think that he could win. But, if they are in an open field, he is screwed since he hasn't learned any finishing moves yet.

6. Shark Skin

Neji if it's in an open field. Shikamaru if he has some places where he could hide/ launch an attack (like a forest or rocky region)

7. byakugan_warrior

8. Dementia

Neji is too powerful. D:
    then again, Shika is too smart...

9. Jackal

i could see this thing happening if hes in a place, with lots of sunlight. if its in a forest. hes pretty much screwed.

10. saprobe

This one definitely depends on the setting (specifically time of day and terrain). I think Shikamaru could easily win vs. Neji if the conditions were favorable for shadows because he's such a good strategist but if conditions were bad he'd be pretty much helpless. In that case Neji would wipe the floor with him.

11. Ramenラメン

I think it depends mainly on their surroundings.

12. Beluga

13. Naya

It's a hard choice, cause Neji seem to win at first, but if Nara ctahces him in a shadow... It's hard to avoid Neji, but he is a close-combat fighter, so he will always be in a good distance for shadow... I can't decide, realy.

14. Vandal Savage Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    Neji would win because Shika lacks the stamina to keep up with him.

15. Esponer

Neji is faster, and with the Byakugan should have sufficient insight and perception to see every one of Shikamaru's shadow moves. In almost all settings, Neji should be able to defeat Shikamaru — but don't get me wrong, he definitely needs the Byakugan to do so. Too much needs to go right for Shikamaru to even really have a chance, as it's not only very hard to catch Neji in a shadow bind, it's ridiculously hard to defeat him from there.

16. Purgatory

I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps Byakugan can see through the objects to see his shadow. But anyways, Neji's Byakugan can see any/every traps Shikamaru places, the Shadow Strangle/Hold, and what have you. Only a matter of time before Neji gets in range to block off Shika's chakra from using his technique and/or kill him.

17. Ino1-Shika2-Cho_35

The advantage Shikamaru has over Neji in this fight is that Neji's rotation technique would not be able to block out Shikamaru's shadow possession. Unfortunately, once Shikamaru has his jutsu up and running, there isn't anymore he can do with it, unless, like previously stated, the terrain was in his favor and he could hit Neji's body against something like a tree or rock. So much of this battle depends on the battlefield, but even still, I'm going to say that Shikamaru wins.

18. Hitsugaya Messenger

It is true that Neiji can use the Byakugan to see through objects, but that wouldn't help him much against Shikamaru. Shikamaru doesn't really set traps like that. Think of his battle with Temari. He used the surroundings to his advantage very well and he didn't hide any traps. So, as I said previously, it all depends on the surroundings. If there is enough shadow and a place for Shikamaru to hit Neiji's head, then it is very probable that he will win. On the other hand, if one of those things is missing, he will most definitely lose. :)

19. chequemaite

Neji isn't Kin, nor is he Temari. Neji can see the shadow that Shikamaru uses for his jutsu because there is chakra in it. It doesn't matter the environment, because Shikamaru cannot hide from Neji like he did against Temari. Even in the setting with Kin, that was an open space. There is no way Neji will get caught with shadow possession in an open space. Neji wins no matter what.

20. Hitsugaya Messenger

Temari and Kin could see the shadow too. They just couldn't do anything about it because they were outsmarted. Kin was outsmarted because he used his shadow to follow her string back to her and she didn't pay extremely close attention. Temari was outsmarted because Shikamaru spent the whole time luring her in front of the hole and she fell for it. It is all a matter of if there is enough shadow (same amount as against Temari would be good) and if there is a place for Shikamaru to hit Neiji's head once he catches him.

21. chequemaite

If Neji fought Shikamaru with the same setting as Kin, Neji would win. Neji doesn't use wires, so without that, It is just an open field. If Neji fought Shikamaru with the same setting as Temari, Neji would win. Temari feared Shikamaru's shadow jutsu and stayed out in the open waiting for him to make the first move. Neji would not wait out in the open with Shikamaru hiding in the trees. Neji would go in for the attack. Any shadow jutsu that Shikamaru would attempt would be easily seen by Neji's byakugan. The fact that he had to outsmart his opponents shows that his shadow jutsu does not travel fast. Neji wins.

BTW: Kin could not see Shikamaru's shadow hidden within Kin's wire shadow, but Neji would be able to. Temari could not see Shikamaru's shadow until his shadow left the shadow of the arena wall, but Neji will see it.

22. ?verity

I dont think Shikamarus brains could get through Nejis absolute defense and attack skills...But then again Shikamaru always surprises. Im going with Shikamaru.

23. Shikamaru ofthe Nara Clan

The same goes for this as in MOST Shika battles.

If Shikamaru knew beforehand that he was battling Neji, he'd be able to beat him easily.

But without prior knowledge or even never having seen Neji battle before...I'd have to say Neji. Shikamaru just doesn't have the chakra reserves to keep up.

24. Hitsugaya Messenger

He has a chance if it is in the same place as his battle with Temari. If Neiji rushes into an attack, which is very un-Neiji like, he will be running into Shikamaru's shadow. And if he is running at it, he can't dodge in time.

BTW: Kin could see the shadow if she payed attention. He pointed out that her strings shouldn't make shadows at that height. If she played extremely close attention (as only Shikamaru would), she would have realized that he was making his shadow look like the string's shadow would so that he could trap her. And Temari could see his shadow at all times except right before she got caught and the only reason she didn't see it then was that she was thinking of a plan.

25. pajamas

Neji.

Shikamaru is my favorite character but neji's stronger =\

26. yondaime the 4th hokage

27. Cooli

If its a place with a lot of shade Shikamaru wins
    Other than that Neji wouldn't let himself be caught in that Shadow Possession Jutsu

28. .:Minato:.

29. Vangelis

Neji would take this.

30. Grimmjow

shikamaru takes this.