1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shikamaru REALLY needs to start packing soldier pills

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by earthshine, Oct 5, 2006.

1. earthshine

seriously, in most of his fights, it is never damage that gets him, but fatigue(in fact, he almost never takes anything more than a glancing blow).

now, we all know what soldier pills do: they make you able to fight ofr 3 days, and replenish your chakra. popping a soldier pill would save shikamaru quite often.

some examples:

had he had one during the chunin exams, he could have held those sound nin for quite a while

during the tayuya fight, it was his lack of chakra that allowed her to eventually gain the upper hand, had he had a soldier pill, he could have replensihed his chakra and may have even been able to finish the job(choke her out).

during the latest fight, if he had a soldier pill with him he could just pop it and be ready to fight at 100% again agaisnt hidan and kakuzu(team asuma needs all the help they can get, he also may have been able to save asuma from hidans new curse)

add to this, that his best friend choji's family actually MAKES pills such as these, then there is no reason he does not carry a supply with him to help him in his fights.

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX

A lot of people would benefit from Soldier pills, but everyone is too stupid to use them.

Kakashi is a guy that could really use them. He is totally usesless after 2 attakcs with his MS. Pop a pill, and he can make 4 attacks!

Itachi as well. See Kakashi's reasons, except add on a few attacks.

3. Tokio_no_Go

Yea the pills would deffinately be a good idea, but I'm not sure (and I could be wrong, it does acctually happen every now and then.) but I think that the solider pill gives you a huge burst of chakra, then after a short period of time, you completely run out. A double edged sword. Although I can't be sure, but thats what I seem to remember...
    Get someone in here with a better memory to tell ya...

4. Genesis

I think they allow the user to fight for three days and nights straight.

Shika does need them...(pussy).

5. SaiST Retired Staff

And Shikamaru shouldn't have too much trouble getting them either. He's good friends with the future head of the Akimichi clan, after all. :p

For him, using Mangekyou Sharingan does a lot more than just taking away all of his stamina. There's some internal damage being done as well, otherwise, he would have been able to walk on his own and not stay bed ridden in the hospital for a number of days/weeks after the Rescue Gaara arc.

Maybe taking a soldier pill or two would allow him to use his Mangekyou Sharingan Ninjutsu a few more times, but he would probably pay a much greater cost.

6. John Connor

I think when Kakashi uses the Shronger Sharingan jutsus it damages him mentally and messes up his body bad so I dont think soldier pills would help

7. Akechi

Other than plot no jutsu, there's no reason he wouldn't. If it was even more painfully obvious than it already is, Kishimoto would probably pull a stunt where soldier pills actually harm the body in the long run and people simply forgot to mention it earlier.

But it's all because of the plot. If Shikamaru could just pop them like Final Fantasy potions then Kakuzu would be held down now and they'd all walk away smoking cigarettes and laughing.

8. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

The soilder pills will definitely help shika in fighting, but I think the only reason why he hasn't considered using them yet is because he truly hasn't gotten into a a fight were he needs them.

For example: every fight even the one with tayuya and tenmari he has been able to out wit his opponents. So having a chakra boost his in a way pointless for him when he his stronger mentally.

On the other hand with the lastest fight agaisnt Hidan smarts isn't helping him as well as it normally does. Probably after this fight he may or may not consider using them, hopefully does. :)

And for Kakashi I also think the Ms does internal damage or something, so a soilder pill might be a bad idea for him, In which it could cause more damage.

9. Naruko Supporting Staff

I think the reason we don't see 'em more often is that they probably have some serious nasty side effects, like uppers/cocaine. They're shinobi that are supposed to be well trained and disciplined so they don't run around getting lectures on what's bad for them, they're expected to know better, but I can't help but think anything that acts like that has got to be incredibly hard on your body. Now this isn't to say they shouldn't carry them for emergencies and yeah I would consider this a time to use them, but there could be other limiting factors. THey might be very rare, or very expensive, etc.

It's just as well they aren't overused in a way, or people would pop 'em all the time, fights and recovery times would take twice as long and Pill no jutsu would enter the lexicon of Terms that Annoy along with Plot no jutsu.

10. Kagutsuchi

Shikamaru ate a soldier pill before Chouji vs Jiroubu fight started.

11. Drakor

I brought this up before to, it seems only Kabuto and Kiba are the smart ones to use them...or Kishi forgot about them entirely

12. tsunade1095

yeah. Some soldier pills would be useful for all of them. I guess they never thought of it. But I mean, Kiba always has them. guess they are just like that. :)

13. Shikamaru0193

they should just all be like chouji. have a freakin bag of them, remember at the sasuke retrieval where he had a bag of like a billion soldier pills..

and supposedly there supposed to last for a couple days (according to the preliminaries for the 3rd round in the chuunin exam)

14. Swimfan908

its one of those plot items. Everyone in the world should use them. Do they? No, because then no one would ever stop fighting or die until their hearts exploded. Its like those seeds from DBZ. Eat them and recover fully, BUT WHY DON'T THEY USE THEM ALL THE TIME? Because some fat ass midget is keeping them hostage

15. The Fourth Hokage

Cosign. Yeah I think that we're gonna see a different Shikamaru as a result of the latest chapters. Also, some shinobi may not want to use any pills as they feel it may be artificial enhancement. If they can't get by on their own power, some would rather die.

16. G-Man

Actually, the reason they don't abuse Senzu beans in DBZ is because the things grow slow as hell (this was stated sometime in DB). I mean they literally takes years just to grow a handful of them. It's why Korin only ever has a few to spare.

They have no such excuse with soldier pills however. And giving them side effects would be the ultimate plot hole. Kiba pops the damn things like they were candy, and even gives them to his dog! Unless you are a dog owner, I don't think you appreciate just how few examples of human medicine are good for dogs as well. If the damn pills are okay for a dog as small as Akamaru was, then they either shouldn't have side effects at all (probably because they come from some natural, organic source) or it's not really healthy for humans at all.

As pointed out, it's basically a plot device. Shika is supposed to be so smart, but he almost never carries equipment that would make his job easier. Those flashbangs he used against Tayuya? Where the hell are they now? Something like that would be pretty damn handy for catching Kakuzu and Hiadn, both at once.

17. Kinjishi

Yeah shika could use some soldier pills. low stamina coupled with laziness is not a good combination yet shika could still brawl with the best of them. imagine if he could only increase his stamina and strength he would be able to do some serious damage.

18. TenshiOni

It's not that Kishimoto forgot about them.
    He just chooses to leave them out because it's convient.

I hate the expression but "Plot no jutsu" truly applies here.

19. Shinnou Genkaku

what pisses me off is that shika knows everything about everything but he's too lazy to act on it. He prolly thinks the soldier pills would be too much to carry, notice he only packs about one kunai in his travels.

20. wherezmytofu

you guys should read the data book, people dont like eating soilder pills cuz they are made from dead cat fetuses :eek:

21. lucky

soldier pills are crazy. too crazy. lol how come you never hear of any side effects from using them?

22. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

23. Azure-kun

being Born Using the Kage-mane no jutsu takes alot more then Chakura, You should have a steady Mind realising that Moving another Person is still strenuos on yourself...it was manly used as a move to "stal" for time....thus challanging Endurance of the enemy...

24. Futagokage

Soldier Pill is the best idea to give a character like Shikamaru (even in this condition a chance).

I like the soldier pill because is one of the most unreal thing in Narutoverse, it has the same effect in a twelve years old atlhletic, in a 20 years old bookworm, in a 12 years old lazy and in a puppy, one doze,same effect.

25. opie

26. Izlude

Doesn't anyone remember back then? Everybody took some of those pills before Chouji's fight. They didn't exactly fight for three days/nights straight...they all got pretty wasted after a few good chapters worth of fighting. Maybe in theory, a single soldier pill could allow a shinobi to potentially fight for that long, but that's assuming they aren't using techniques that drain their chakra.

Who knows, maybe Shikamaru will magically pop a pill in his mouth and save the day...

27. pawly65

Tsunade is very strict on enforcing Konoha's drug policies.

28. Drainz

basically.. this could either be a good or bad thing. cuz id see everyone juss busting it out, or looking for its salvation after the battle.

29. Azure-kun

30. The Pink Ninja

Meh, look at how powerful exploding tags are. B Rank at least and it's just a little bit of paper on a Kunai that any Genin can work. They don't get used much either.

The Pills;

Maybe they're hard to make. Maybe they damaged your chakra system or body. Maybe they're addictive. Maybe they're expensive. Maybe they only give you a small amount of chakra.