1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Shika's and/or Asuma's possible tricks

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Neji48972, Oct 6, 2006.

What is the most probable way to defeat Hidan?

1. mess with his circle

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. mess with his blood

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. some other way

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. none coz Asuma really is screwed

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Neji48972

First off, I am inclined to think that its Hidan that got screwed, not Asuma. If you don't agree with me, there is no point in reading this any further into this post.

If I was Shika, I'd probably try to do one or both of the following:

1. The most obvious weakness of Hidan's jutsu is that he needs to stay inside the circle. One way to counter his jutsu is to force him to step outside the circle. The other one that I can think of is to deceive him into stepping into the wrong circle. In the commotion of the battle, I could try to somehow conceal the circle and substitute an identical circle of my own (using shadows connected to me using the tiny cracks in the ground), only a few inches off of the real circle. That way, the jutsu has not been re-established and Hidan really did stab himself to death. Wait ... Hidan can't die.

I'll take a leap of faith here and say that Hidan is not truly immortal, otherwise he would already be the king of the universe. For this sequence of events to succeed, I would need some details that are not revealed yet. I just thought of the first step, we will see in the next chapter what Shika can do next.

2.If there was any chance for Shikamaru to do something tricky, it would be when he held down Hidan with his shadow technique. What the hell could he possible do with that move?
    Spoiler:
    he can get some of Hidan's blood

so what? Once again, I don't have enough info to plan any further. Hidan's jutsu is based on establishing some sort of blood link. There must be some way to mess it up using his own blood.

Tags:
  2. Odlam

Just on a side note, the odds of Kishi leaving the story on a cliffhanger and then having Asuma slump over dead next chapter are next to nil. It really amazes me that so many people are buying into this.

As for how he would survive, I think it's most likely that either between when Hidan's scythe impaled him and when he impaled himself, something disrupted the jutsu - Asuma's already in awful shape from the scythe, and even if he is going to wind up killed, I doubt the pole would be necessary, especially if Kishi is going to throw in the flashbacks and last minute super jutsu that a dying character usually gets.

OR he will simply take this pole through the stomach, and be on death's door, and the rest of the 76 Konoha nins will begin arriving on the scene immediately into the next issue. Asuma will be -this- close to death, but they'll heal him up enough that he only collapses into an coma, and is still in extremely critical condition, and they get him back to Konoha and Tsunade as quickly as possible.

3. Marsala

I'm hoping that Asuma really does instantly die at the beginning of next chapter, just to shatter all of our expectations. However, I admit that it's likely he will have a bit of life left in order to restrain Hidan, save Shikamaru and subject us to Flashback no Jutsu before truly expiring at the end of the chapter (or possibly the chapter after that, depending on the degree of decompression).

Still, it would be cool if he just dies, followed by Izumo and Kotetsu getting their necks snapped.
    Now, this I can't see at all. Since the ceremony was active for the scythe hit, something big would have to stop it now. Asuma is slumped to his knees, burned, stabbed through the leg, bashed by a briefcase, and impaled through the gut with a massive scythe. Unless Asuma is faking being injured from the scythe (ludicrous), there is just no way that he could move enough to break the jutsu. As for the others, Izumo and Kotetsu are currently choking to death and Shikamaru is out of chakra, way too far away and desperately yelling "Stop!" Short of a total miracle, nothing should have stopped the fatal hit from being delivered. The final blow received the 2-page spread triple view that accompanies the most dramatic hits, like Naruto beating Haku or Rock Lee nailing Kimimaro. That kind of image isn't wasted on misses.
    But why would Asuma survive? With the Cloud of Doom hovering over Asuma since the start of this arc, where is the payoff in him living? "Oh no, the Akatsuki badly injured Asuma! How awful! Who will they badly injure next? If Asuma could be badly injured, no one is safe!" Hayate didn't miraculously pull through, so why should Asuma?

4. Insipidipity

Exactly, it doesn't make sense stylewise to end it on such a note. It'd be like Hidan dying at that chapter when he got stabbed by both sides.

Shikamaru already made the promise not to let people close to him die.

I think what makes messing with blood most likely is that Shikamaru figured out but never took advantage of it(the only info he took advantage of was the circle), so I think he has somehow used that to get Hidan to link to his own blood.

5. creeper523

Um...i got the impression that Hidan can't be killed by another opponent. As the other atatsuki member said: "you just can't kill him". He could have said, "beacuse he's immortal", but he didn't.

Plus, realistically if he links himself to his opponent and lives it should work the other way around.

IMHO the trick to Hidan's jutsu and "immortality" is that he can only kill himself. Once he is dead he has to be ressurected through a ritual.

Just a guess though.

6. cognitivedissonance

Nail on the head, my friend, nail on the head.
    :nod :nod :nod

7. cinosweiv

This is a very nice theory. Rep for you, but I really wish some guy guys died so the story will be much more interesting