1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shikas gonna cut himself

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by MF NaruSimpson, Oct 12, 2006.

1. MF NaruSimpson

that stupid emo, he's gonna go home and be sad that Asuma died while teamed with him and he "promised of a life time" that it wouldn't happen again when he cried...

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni

Asuma ain't going no where. And Shikmaru is only getting stronger.. durr.

4. Hagen

i want Asuma to die, damit! even if i have to withstand the tears of InoShikaCho.

5. TheoDerek

Why do you want Asuma to die? He hasn't even shown anything that cool. He has to have more up his sleve. Did the guy become a Jounin with nothing but a Katon and his Chakra blades(which we can only assume he learned to turn into wind swords durring the timeskip)?

I don't think so.

6. bagelgod

I want Asuma to die because no one gave a damn about him until he was about to die. He has no reason to live, people just don't want to see him die without doing something zany. I say kill the bastage.

7. Hagen

His death would be really good for the plot and for Kishimoto's credibility. We need to forget the Gaara crap.

Now Asuma has enough time to give his final will of fire speech to Shika,
    his ?i alway loved you?or ?take care of our baby? speech to Kurenai,
    his wind knives to Naruto who's gonna be all emo and say things like: ?i'll swear to avenge your deathtebayo!!!?
    The Akatsuki will be recognized as a real threat for Konoha, Hidan will show his awesomeness, and the history will get ?darker? as Kishimoto promised.

Believe me, he's better dead.

8. Marsala

Who cares if Asuma hasn't done anything cool? So he didn't have some super-flashy but still ineffectual (or effectual only on a fake version of an Akatsuki, like Kakashi and Gai) jutsu. So what?

Asuma should die because he got stabbed through the heart in what Hidan considered to be a finishing blow. If Asuma survives, it will show that no character will ever die no matter how severe their injuries are.

9. Odlam

Really, at this point, like Kishi would kill him.

Shika's already half traumitized, but he'll be alright if Asuma doesn't die. Ino's healing him and Choji is carrying him, and Kurenai is waiting back at Konoha. And Asuma was built up a ton before this fight, has had zero of his issues resolved, no flashbacks, no super jutsus, nada.

He's so going to live that it's beyond transparent. I know you really want him to die Marsala, just cause your a bloodthirsty little wolverine and you want Naruto to get those chakra blades, but it's just not going to happen.

Hey, maybe Asuma will live and Naruto will go see him and he will just pass on the blades while still not dying?

10. bagelgod

Wait, in the translation I read it was saying to Ino to TAKE him to med ninjas...since when is ino a med ninja herself!? Did I miss the memo?

11. Soljah

Man i wouldnt be surprised that if Asuma dies its just going to fuel more fire for shikamaru to become stronger. Remeber his rescue sasuke arc that whole lecture shikamru's dad gave him about how about becoming stronger so you can save your teamates if asuma does die watch out naruto and sasuke shikamaru will reach a new lvl.

12. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    to me, it seems as if the only way for the youngsters to surpass their teachers is if the teachers die...otherwise the students will always be considered inferior.

Asuma should die...what, is his heart made of steel?

13. B

14. Luckyday

Agree, this would give Kishimoto some backbone.:noworry

Not that I hate Asuma.:doh

15. Spectrum

I gotta say, regarding the OP, it's not every day you see a thread bashing Shikamaru. :huh The guy's usually universally loved or at least indifferently tolerated.

16. bagelgod

Thats how much bloodlust there is for Asuma; we're beginning to displace our anger on to other characters...(I think Aoba is next >.> <.<)

17. Drainz

did anyone else find shikamaru tripping on himself and falling a little funny? lol.

18. high32

no, anyone would've done the same thing if someone u admire/dear friend/teacher is on the brink of death.

19. MF NaruSimpson

Nah, I just noticed that Shika had that glare in his face like he would beat hidan dead with his bare hands if he could, but he can't, so he'll take it out on himself :amuse

I don't have bloodlust for Asuma, it's almost on the level of the 3rds death if he dies.

20. Hagen

Yeah, and dont forget all the hints and omens we hace received, foreshadowing Asuma's death, including the chess speech and the flower thing...add a stabbed heart. Damn, it would SUCK in all levels if he survives.He must die for the sake of the history.

21. S.O.T.R.S

Its really sad to see that almost all the big missions shikamaru is in end in failure, but i m still crossing my finger for the promise shikamaru made in part 1 to make mission better.

i think even if asuma dont die, shikamaru is gonna wake up and trained himself so that everyone around wont suffer the same fate again.

22. The Pink Ninja

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Asuma really needs to die.

And yes, after saying he wouldn't fuck up again at the end of part one and then Asuma dying he'd be super angsted.

23. vanh

Asuma die because he himself is an idiot . Nothing to do with Shikamaru . That's if Kishi ever let Asuma die.

24. Sys

At this point, Kishi will probably not kill him: he has a pulse (whereas his heart sould be dead) and Ino has miraculously become a med nin (why not making Aoba or the other one a med nin instead of throwing this all suddenly?).

But the thing that Asuma's character was 90% built up in the last 15 chapters, when we hadn't seen him since around chapter 150, really sounds fake. All suddenly, we have these monks, this daimyo, these 12 guardians which Asuma belongs to, the fact that for an odd reason Asuma is the only one in the whole village to have an affinity with wind. 20 chapters ago, no one could have care less of Asuma's fate. But now everyone want him alive.

We then get all the foreshadowing of a death : Asuma wanting to tell Kakashi something important but being cut off, Kakashi wanting to know now, Asuma=pawn thing, death of Chiruku ~ Asuma, visit to Sarutobi's tomb, Asuma saying Hidan and Kakuzu are way stronger than him, that he has to play the sacrificial pawn, and finally Kurenai and the flower.

Asuma has a fight with the main vilians of the serie. He states they are better than him. Even with back up from Shikamaru (which was by far the best he could have wished for against Hidan), he is defeated and takes a fatal wound in the heart.

Now what if he lives:
    + Shikamaru will not lose his playing partner
    + Naruto will be able to learn wind manipulation from him
    - Kishimoto sends the message that no good character can die in his manga, suspens is killed: we can then almost conclude that Kakashi, Gai, Kurenai, Asuma, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Neji, Lee, Tenten, Ino Shika, Chouji, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Gaara, Kankouro, Temari, Aoba, Kotetsu, Izumo, Sai, Yamato will live up the end of the manga because they are the good guys, and that Itachi, Oro, Kabuto, every Akatsuki will probably die in the process because they are the badguys.

what if he dies :
    + Shikamaru (and readers) learn that in a ninja battle anyone can die
    + Naruto can supposedly have the chakra blades
    + Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, Kurenai will seek vengence
    - A character that has almost as much emotional importance as Baki will die.

To me, he is better dead. He showed nothing impressive, probably because he has nothing impressive to show. He has nothing more to achieve in this manga, and he serves no purpose.

Marsala, I guess, shares more or less my view on this, meaning that he doesn't want Asuma dead because he is a "bloodthirsty little wolverine", but because it would be logical.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the long post