1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shingeki no Kyojin Spoiler & Speculation Thread (for experienced Attackers only)

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of May 2013' started by Suzuku, May 24, 2013.

1. Suzuku

In an effort to quell some of the bitching and keep spoilers from spilling over to non-manga readers, I thought it might be a good idea to make a thread dedicated to spoiler discussion to keep it contained in one thread so we manga readers can get it off our chest without having to worry about anime-only plebs getting their panties in a bunch. :del

Tags:
  2. Judge Fudge

Good idea. No anime-only babbies allowed. :maybe

3. Black Wraith

Good. Keep it in here.

4. Judge Fudge

Watching the anime has made be realize that Bert, Reiner and Annie were always together in every scene.

5. MonkeyDNaruto

^ Noticed the same thing too. It's epic how obvious yet subtle the creator made the whole thing out to be.

6. Judge Fudge

And that's all in the manga. If I didn't know beforehand then I'm sure that it would just fly over me, but since I do know it's almost shocking. Especially Reiner's lines.

7. Immortal

I'm not reading anything in this thread but I must say I'm proud you guys made this. Great idea :)

8. Suzuku

Sasha knew it first. :LOS

9. MonkeyDNaruto

Hey manga dudes, what was you guys' first reaction when you found out that the titan was actually Eren or whatever? I see some of the anime people freaking out and thinking about quitting but I remember that I continued reading on and everything was set in line perfectly. Hope people don't quit on the show due to this.

10. Suzuku

It wasn't that big a deal to me, I liked it. They needed some way to fight back against the titans, and obviously the mangaka wasn't going to kill off Eren only a couple chapters into the manga. The execution was great too and it's not like Eren can just use the power flawlessly with no problems. If he's not careful then he loses control.

11. Judge Fudge

I wasn't all that surprised really, I figured that the manga would have gone down that route eventually give it's demographic. I was lucky not to get spoiled since I started reading the manga 2 years after it started running. It didn't bother me in the slightest in fact it just made it more interesting but I guess people were expecting something akin to an actual survival horror manga with mankind using their wits to take down the enemy but now that mankind can turn into them it loses it's tension at least that's what I got from the people who didn't like that direction.

12. Suzuku

Well when they find out what's actually going on they should stop their belly aching. The tension has been raised, not lost.

13. Judge Fudge

^Especially considering Eren being a Titan never works for his advantage at all when you think about it.

14. MonkeyDNaruto

^That's exactly what I was thinking. I feel like people think that Eren becoming Titan is now an unlocked cheat code and it'll just be him solo'ing from here on out...I mean I suppose they have reason to think that way but in reality Eren going titan isn't all that beneficial.

15. Suzuku

Yeah like I said he has very little control when he's in his titan form and it really just screws his relationships with everyone.

16. Suzuku

Just watched the ep. I see what you guys were saying, they're making it super obvious something's going on with the three, but you'd never even know it. :lmao

17. Aldric

It wasn't really enough for me to realize something was up with the three stooges in chapter 9

I remember the first thing that drew my attention was Annie apologizing to her fallen comrades after the reconquest of Trost and Reiner and Bertholdt's reactions

That's one thing SnK does really well, it's actually using a lot of tropes and clich?s you find in battle shonen manga but it either subverts them or treats them in an intelligent, reasonable way

Eren's titan power is a good example as it's definitely something that helps his side and sort of tips the balance in favor of the "good guys" but at the same time it's not a free get out of jail card and never allows him to win by himself when he should have lost

18. Melodie

I did not notice this foreshadowing. Will check if it's in the manga later on (Well, in the manga that happens after the transform so it's not really foreshadowing, heh.) It kinda only works for anime viewers:

It really is the same as the manga. When I reread that arc I was just left speechless as how the author planned ahead.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  19. NO

I didn't expect Eren to be the titan but I quickly got over it once I remembered that weird injection scene, which makes sense. Anybody who quit over it...well, lol.

And yeah, Reiner, Annie, and Bert look so suspicious once you know they are the titans. It's brilliant, their lines and all.

It sucks that I can't enjoy the anime as much anymore. I watched the first 5 episodes and then caught up with the manga. I tried watching episode 7 today and was just bored thinking about how much shit is about to come up. Love the animation though, has a great studio. I'll probably just watch the episodes with the bigger reveals.

20. fantzipants

it's that people don't want t turned to dragon ball z with that one guy soloing and everyone else behind the lines sucking their thumbs.

21. Suzuku

Read this:

Sugoi :hmm

22. Melodie

that was posted in the manga thread long time ago. :p

Here's the original source: mikasa's raging 6 pack

23. Magician

Damn, I didn't think it was foreshadowed that much, but the more I re-read the more I'm starting to fall in love with Isayama's writing. :urahaha

24. NO

Could it be possible that Eren's dad infected the entire village with the titan formula (or rather, "antibody" for some "unknown disease")?
    mikasa's raging 6 pack

25. Melodie

Sure here you can post spoilers and all but that kind of thing fits in the manga thread, really.

26. NO

This thread is kind've meaningless then. It's a lot easier to click the forum and then click this spoiler thread instead of searching for the manga thread.

27. Golden Witch

By the way, didn't they exclude this scene from the Anime or did I just miss it?
    Spoiler:

28. tupadre97

The moment I saw that titan fight the other titans I knew it had to be Eren. I mean how convinient is it that a new type of titan that fights other titans that no one has ever seen b4 in 100 years convieniently shows up after the main characacter "dies". It was obvious he was Eren, at least to me it was.

29. Suzuku

The hair also gave it away.

30. Haruka Katana

Flag:
    Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    I actually READ the spoilers before I even touch the manga so I knew it was Eren all along (Wish I didn't read the spoilers though)

I was quite disappointed but eh, I don't stop reading mangas unless I'm really bored with them. I expected it to be a humans only vs Titan thing but since it spun off to a different direction I might as well just see how it goes. It may not be what I expected it to be but it was still pretty good. Hell, the Fem titan arc or whatever you call it was by far my favorite arc and I'm looking forward for it to be animated.

Hopefully they don't quit the show because of it too, but if they did... well , their loss. :)