1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Shingeki no Kyojin

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Reznor, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Tags:
  2. Tazmo The Supreme Cheese

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

3. Golden Witch C204

If you think about, doesn't it mean Frieda didn't hold it?

We see through Grisha's eyes, implying he held it.
    Yet, Frieda is still alive when apparently Grisha had it, hence we see through his eyes, from HIS perspective, yet we see she was still alive.

That is a contradiction if I ever saw one, cause apparently Grisha held it (hence his perspective), but already when she wasn't eaten or anything?

Eren has Frieda's memories.
    As well as Grisha's.
    However, Grisha was already in possession despite she was alive.

4. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

waiting till mangastream version drops. From the looks of all the post a huge twist happened. I bet it's what I predicted.

5. Golden Witch C204

6. Coruscation Active Member

Maybe the memories are inherited not just from the time the Shifter came into possession of the Coordinate, but all their time as a Titan? There might be something contradicting that but I'm not sure.

Otherwise, I suppose it's possible that what Grisha actually tried to do was to exterminate the Reiss family (but failed as Rod escaped after the blonde Titan held him off) and he already had the/a Coordinate. That might make more sense. He would have had to have learned about all this stuff from somewhere. Presumably from the same memories he intended for Eren to learn from. So maybe he managed to steal the Coordinate when meeting with Frieda (as a patient?) at a previous time. Or maybe he was even entrusted with the secrets and the Coordinate by them -- looking at their facial expressions when he arrives below the church, they don't seem to be distressed at all? - but after Wall Maria fell everything changed and he went against them instead.

7. Aldric Well-Known Member

maybe its a mix of memories and visions from the future because its somehow implied eren has some form of precognition (in the very first chapter he sees a short haired version of mikasa and the anime shows him foreseeing the death of his mother)

so it might really be historia's titan form he's seeing, but from the future

8. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Somebody needs to slap some sense into historia.

Problem is levi is going to have his hands full.

Given the numbers currently ackerman would get stomped but i guess they'll make historia into a titan and cause the whole thing to go berserk forcing everybody to try and chip in.

But wouldn't it make more sense if a titan's abilities were being absorbed to show the titan itself being eaten?

9. Brian           

I though that titan was obviously Historia, the hair matches perfectly. Maybe it's in their blood for that family to be born titans since it was mentioned earlier that the bloodline could be special. It's all speculation but I think Grisha might have realize the key to saving humanity or secret to the titans is within one of the Reiss's memories(Frieda maybe) and ate them and decided to give this knowledge to Eren. He probably felt his time was near if someone was after him(Ape Titan?)

10. Aldric Well-Known Member

it's grisha's memories as a whole that have been passed down, not just his memories of the short period he had the coordinate power

11. Selina Kyle Banned

welp i had a bad feeling from the start when armin was thinking, 'who did eren eat to become a titan..?'
    the only person around him with the needle and the key was his dad...

maybe eren jeager isn't who we think he is

he could be related to the reiss family

i think frieda was the one who was visiting historia when she was a little girl and erased her memories after the visit was over.

so is eren underneath the chapel? seems like it.
    or maybe the basement...

12. Selina Kyle Banned

frieda with historia

13. Golden Witch C204

14. Aldric Well-Known Member

they didn't know eren was the coordinate for sure and from what we've seen it doesn't look like they can do whatever they want with the power, they're just supposed to bring it back to their bosses

15. OS The Entity

Erwin dies
    Spoiler:
    no not really

16. Robin Overdrive

Eren remembered all that after being touched by Mr. Reiss and Historia

:hmm

17. Tidezen Riding the wave

Holy wow was this an amazing chapter. These next few are going to be awesome as well I'm sure.

18. Tangible Member

So was Eren's dad a "dumb" titan before he ate a shifter?

19. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i think it makes sense now for freida to have those memory erasing/alternating powers. it adds up with all of humanity somehow forgetting about the time before the walls if it's an ability held by the royal blood line.

also, i think there are two titans in the historia titan panel. we see her covered in blood (could just be the blood of the family members she ate) but we also see another large hand grasp her wrist, and that hand is obviously of another titan. i guess it's grisha? but then why did historia suddenly appear in the attack? im pretty sure it's her. grisha(?) appears to be fighting against her, too.. maybe she instinctively tried to protect the royal family?

and then historia (in the present/last page) looked shocked after the whole flashback thing. so i think that titan was her.

i don't really think freida glaring is of importance. i mean, if your family gets attacked you're going to look at your attacker with rage, aren't you? i don't really see the significance of it lol.

edit: so erwin is depressed or something? questioning his decision, i guess it's natural after going through that and i'm glad isayama is showing this real side instead of having erwin be some perfect savior. but i wonder what the significance is.. lol and it's a shame that the old dude just wanted to do this to ridicule the higher ups lol....

i have a feeling this manga's gonna end with everybody dead T__T

edit 2: omggg so the strikeout. yeah ok i think it is important lol! i looked over it again and i think

> grisha attacks church
    > freida summons historia titan (aka she can summon/control titans similar to how eren could.. aka she has the power which was eaten and gained by grisha and later eren) ***would this mean that she too is a shifting titan? or that she could simply control them?
    > historia fights grisha
    > reiss family dies except for historia and papa reiss
    > grisha escapes? gives eren the key and injects him with ??? and eren eats him and gains the powers/memories

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  20. Robin Overdrive

I'm just going to mention how long I waited for Eren to be half nekkid chained up and with a gag in his mouth.

:quite

21. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

isayama you troll :kobe

22. Robin Overdrive

I think this is even more shocking than Eren
    Spoiler:
    eating his dad

23. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i think it's safe to say isayama was trolling based on his other answers :lmao

24. Aldric Well-Known Member

25. Selva <marquee><b><i><font size="1"><font color="red">Qu

Armin is a gurl and no one can convince me otherwise.

26. Robin Overdrive

that would mean Eren has been around 2 girls that love him unconditionally all his life :sanji

27. Aldric Well-Known Member

funny thing with armin is he's supposed to look like a pretty girl but with isayama's artstyle l never thought he looked particularly feminine, he looks boyish to me

interesting article from the house of 1000 manga guy, he makes a lot of good points about the appeal of the series:

28. OmniOmega Member

10char

29. Robin Overdrive