1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Shingeki no Kyojin

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Reznor, Oct 9, 2014.

1. RemChu † Smug †

Are we not allowed to post links to chapters anymore?

Someone pm the site that gets the update when it first gets translated, por favor.

2. Mistshadow AwEsOmE

3. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i just google "shingeki no kyojin spoilers" and click the reddit thread, link is in the spoilers/OP

4. Rukia I’m the fucking game!

Germany
    This chapter was filler.

It's no fucking surprise that a beauty like Annie gets a lot of visitors. That was the only noteworthy thing that happened this month.

5. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

im kind of confused about the armin annie thing. that wasn't a flashback right? it was real time. so why haven't they gotten her out of the crystal if eren took the warhammer? it just seems odd. did he really take it? i guess it requires more thought from higher ups or it simply isn't a priority right now? but you'd think armin would want to get annie out of the crystal asap if he constantly goes to visit her.

or does eren need jaw titan
    ???

6. Rukia I’m the fucking game!

Germany
    I'm surprised they never got any intel out of Annie. Very surprising she is still in the crystal.

7. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

So nobody gonna talk about what happened to all the titans outside the walls........? They never said what happened to them.

I'm pretty sure they didn't kill them since they know the truth now. I Wonder if they finally got the wall cult to talk and figured something out. Or maybe hange figured out how to turn them back human....?

Armin knows Annie can hear him and is conscious after learning about the Warhammer. ANNIE AND ARMIN SHIP CONFIRMED!!! Man I completely forgot he was crushing on her. It might've been mutual. Because she could've killed him multiple times but didn't....... hmmm.

8. Goud Raven.

Either they've been converted back to humans somehow and this is a twist saved for later, or they did just kill them because they had no other choice, with the consolation that if they can stop Marley, they won't ever have to do that again.

9. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Damn eren with that ninja assasin hairstyle.

Well shit there's no turning back now.

10. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

Take down the world :gar

11. Torpedo Titz Degenerate Daimyo

England
    Yelena has beautiful eyes

12. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Do you have any good art of new design Mikasa? (sfw or nsfw) :catbuzz

13. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

so legit their plan is just to use the colossal wall titans to stomp on the rest of the world???? so they really just wanna kill the rest of the entire world? bruh
    i mean i guess it's that or be killed and eren supposedly burned all the bridges by attacking them in marley but

idk man
    that's the entire planet!!! what then?? just end humanity?? i dont really see this manga getting that global..... i think the heroes will die before it gets to that point

14. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

I really don't think that's it. I still believe in the theory that Eren wants to kill of all the titans, including himself, or something similar. Otherwise he'd really become a freaking villain.

15. Torpedo Titz Degenerate Daimyo

England

Mikasa a best and the true Queen Behind the Walls. Sorry Hisu!!

I do mein bruder but it's hard repping without a PC forgive me :dead

16. RemChu † Smug †

In all seriousness they need it as a determent, then they can negotiate hopefully. This story is well done so far, world building is steadily going at a nice pace.

17. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

Or they could. have found a way to put them to sleep like the wall titans. They could have just rounded all of them up somewhere and locked them up in darkness. They might have found advanced tech hidden by the king to do it or something. Or maybe the wall cult did something to them?

Yeah, I think they will release them, but not to kill everybody. Probably gonna use them like the eldian legends say ymir used them. Probably struck a deal with other nations to use titans to help their societies. Or they are gonna unleash them and right when the titans show up close to their lands. Eren will stop them and show everyone eldians aren't a threat. Or some scenario like this.

18. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

Hold up!!!!! we all missed something very important. We were so caught up in Sasha being goofy and asking dude about his skin tone. That we missed the fact the black dude didn't hate eldians. He actually kinda praised them and seen them as normal people. He flat out said god gave Ymir her gift, and eldians were just unique normal people. Then he says this about god turning Ymir into a titan, "Well, it depends on what you believe".

So this basically confirms everybody doesn't hate eldians or think they're evil. The eldian Ymir legend might be true. Dude didn't sound like eldians slaughtered and enslaved his people. He actually knew all about them. Now hate for Marley seems to be justified from others. It's already been shown they are nazi's/colonizers. With the war on the middle eastern people, attacking paradise island, and now these new people too. 100% sure marley's the bad guys. Whatever eldians did to them, they deserved it.

19. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i saw that as him being black so he understands what racism/prejudice does to vilify people. i dont think isayama would be revisionist and say "slavery didn't happen in this world! only the people of ymir have experienced this level of hatred!" i think it will be like, well these people also know what it's like to be treated this way like monsters, so they understand and they probably see the good in them or believe the "good origin mythos" versus the evil origin mythos

20. RemChu † Smug †

Well his point, if black guy's home country nation was actually dominated and destroyed by Titans, he wouldn't think of them as a gift from God. He would naturally bear a grudge? So maybe the story that they were absolutely terrors isn't so true.

Scenario is kinda abnormal tbh, a religious type would absolutely view that certain thing as demonic and a curse, since so few a group of people can do it. Also since it involves unnatural shape shifting giants eating people....like yeah. Black dude is very open minded. :blobowo

21. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

uhh what? why would religious types assume everything abnormal is demonic? the very first "abnormal" thing is seen as a miracle from god, they coulda easily said mary was a whore or carrying some demon spawn for being pregnant yet instead it was viewed as a miracle from god yadda yadda. jesus turned water into wine and all that shit, coulda easily been called some freak witch but it's seen as a miracle. so many occurrences in the bible about people doing abnormal things are seen as miracles and good things. honestly the things that are considered sinful or demonic are just regular things that the authors wanted to punish for the sake of making rules in society. the fact that the black guy is religious makes him seem like a more compassionate person especially given how he was literally compassionate towards the ppl in the wall. the way youre framing sounds a lot like how witch hunters used to think, demonizing shit. yet, that wasn't for "religious reasons," ppl back then just used religion as an excuse to get rid of women they disliked. and the things they demonized them for? were normal fucking things like being smart or being a widow or brewing beer. aka things society wanted to punish or people held grudges against. nothing in the actual religion or bible that said anything about that. this goes for so many other religions too. most of the time when people who claim to follow that religions act all high and mighty and demonize people, it's not because of anything stated in their religion but religion is the excuse they use to show their racism or hatred ect. so they demonize things and try to twist it. same shit happened with the titans.

also no one said anything about titans destroying his home country. like i said, don't erase slavery so easily. maybe he sees colonizers as the villains, and feels sympathy towards the ppl of ymir who are also being segregated and looked down upon. it's not about being "open minded" it's just that both parties have been afflicted by atrocity torture and genocide. you dont sound like youve ever been down on your luck, but when you have, you start to see things differently and sympathize with those in similar positions as you. he recognizes them as victims because his people have also been victims and treated the same way. assuming slavery isn't deleted from history in this story, which i dont see why it would, it seems to fit the whole "some groups of humans will commit genocide on other people" and "how far does human cruelty go" themes.

22. RemChu † Smug †

Ok, you are missing the point entirely. IRL, religious types often label things they don't understand or are scared of as demonic. You even admit that, so I don't see why you went into that long history overview. It is also reasonable and natural for the People of Ymir to be feared as demons if they do harm or revered as heroes or Gods if they do good with their abilities. It has been established within the narrative of on this story that they are viewed as "Devils" currently. Though the "King" betrayed his people in a way and keeps them in check behind the walls etc. Doing that also implies guilt. That something in the past was done that went too far and this whole betrayal and keeping them behind the walls thing seemed warranted.

I disagree with your point on slavery. Where are you getting the slavery thing from? Why would you assume it was there when it was never talked about in the story and not a central point. @(510)THIZZ above statement is more less true.

The very same chapter "Although he was a Titan, referred to as a Devil by Marley and the rest of the world, I saw him as something completely different. A God. Even though we were powerless he gave us hope."
    When black dude says god made them that way, the new girl has a sad distraught look on her face. Same girl who was just praising Zeke as a god. So I'm not even sure she believes in the concept of God like the black dude does. If she did the author wouldn't go out of his way to show her distraught at his explanation.

Also when Eren and the others attacked there were many different types of rich people gathered, black people included. Those people were the rich from the other countries.

You have to be open minded to view someone who can shift into a man eating giant at will as "normal". Come on now.....Even the people within the walls run at the sight of titans, yet they are the most use to them and equipped well to deal with them. Black dude is very open minded.

23. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i dont think true religious people (like the good people who dont twist the religious messages they follow or whatever) do that, that's just people who claim to be religious and use religion as an excuse to carry out their evil shit. aka theyre not truly religious. that was my distinction.

i agree w/ the rest but i still disagree about the slavery thing. people automatically assume this is like WW2, that there is a "middle east" and an "asia" and a "japan" and that we're on madagascar the continent of africa. why wouldn't slavery still have happened? there is nothing to implicate it didn't. it's not a matter of "this one war didn't happen" but something that defines the relationship between the humans. we saw the asian and black ppl together at that reunion thing, too. asians probably were discriminated against by the whites and thats why they were sympathetic towards the kids. unless isayama is just super nationalistic (which he definitely would not be according to this entire story), and just decided to make the japanese fictional characters all saints for the sake MA PEOPLE ARE ZA BESTO! which would just be too obviously nationalistic. i mean it already is a nice treatment of your own people in fiction, cuz he easily could have gone with the imperialist view and made them villains. or maybe the whole story is allegory for that. idk! it's fiction we can have interpretations

24. RemChu † Smug †

Yo that's a lot to assume there with the world history. Unless Author tells us in an interview etc. I'm not going to assume all that. You can that's fine. I see and understand where you are coming from.

getting off topic but
    There is no true or not true. Religious people includes all kinds, it's broad. You can be just as true and be close minded, cautious whatever. So yeah...

25. Pliskin Well-Known Member

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger.

26. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

Damn, both of y'all have some great points/thoughts. It can go either way or both, honestly. One thing I pointed out awile back on where Isayama draws his inspiration. The nazi Germany inspiration is obvious and the story is well known worldwide. But many people aren't familiar with the African slave trade or the crusades. Isayama also implemented that into his story, a lot of people missed this. The whole segregation, boat ride(middle passage) to paradise, putting Eldians on the front lines in war, brain washing, the false hero/great person(Christopher Columbus), Dehumanizing, bull shit hate propaganda, Conquering/colonising, and teaching self hate. All comes from that. So it wouldn't be a shock if blacks were also treated bad in certain areas by Marley similar to real life(I doubt it though).

But I was just pointing out how we now have 100% proof everybody doesn't hate eldians. Nor are they afraid of them. Black dude and white girl(forgot their names) cleary like/respect/have no problems with/worship Eldians and hate Marley. They have a secret resistance going on from many different conquered nations for god sakes. Also don't forget the Japanese, that Japanese Nobel lady who left the party clearly stands with paradise. That should tell you something about eldians right there.

Last but not least. Remember during that meeting in marley zeke had? He said something very important. He basically started double talking so marley wouldn't understand. He spoke on the state of eldians and how it was going downhill. As he read that false propaganda filled Marley news paper. He wondered why nobody else in the world outside of marley actually hated them. They only hated them after Marley used them against them.... .. ..hmmm..

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  27. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

1. Very interesting, this plays into the 2 story Ymir narrative. So far marley has been the only ones hating on eldians. With the help of the taybar family it seems like they been trying to spread the negative story. Like zeke said he has never experienced hate outside of marley and from the people marley had them attack, "AFTERWARDS". We just got confirmation for the 1st time from 2 different ethnic groups outside of the 2 groups. That don't have the negative belief of Ymir. A 3rd if you count the Japanese lady who treated the kids really nice. That's two(or 3) sources who believe they are gods or believe they are gods favorite.

I still believe that over a thousand years ago. Marley caused Ymirs death and went to war with eldia trying to take over. This triggered a harsh retaliation(they killed a goddess!!!! lol). Of coarse the eldians won, but they might have went too far. Later on some Eldian Royals got power drunk and kicked off the titan wars. Many innocents probably got caught up in their bull shit. Eldian king felt they had fallen from grace and said fuck it!! and bounced. That was the last straw. Took the people who felt the same with him and started over on paradise island.

2. I don't know about "open minded". Black dude seemed like he already knew about them. Like they are nothing new. Meaning where he's from eldians are viewed as simply special/very unique people. He even broke down how everybody has differences. Russian looking white chick thinks they are gods and specifically said that marley viewd them as "devils". Where she comes from i'm pretty sure they don't fear eldians. She seemed happy as fuck to meet them lol. You have to remember that both of their countries were conquered by Marley. They've been forced to do marleys bidding. Also don't forget the wall cult!!! They never been scared lol. They don't appear to be brainwashed either. I honestly don't think they're even eldians.

You forget the wall eldians had their past erased. They forgot that they are titans. Also we don't know everything about titans. It's heavily hinted that the stupid man eating titans aren't actual traditional titans. The whole "titan trials" thing hasn't been explained yet remember. Then we have the huge wall titans who look nothing like the stupid ones. At this point, it's obvious the stupid titans are a failed experiment that eventually was weaponized by marley later.

28. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Here are some images for chapter 107.

Now guys, don't go chimping out just yet because of preggo Historia who seems to look miserable. Let's be calm about this.

29. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

Well this is interesting, there is a decent chance of a revolution now, i wouldn't expect Eren to ever accept or forgive this.

30. CrownedEagle Knight of Erza

Eren is the father of historia unborn child, i'm call this right now.