1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Shingeki no Kyojin

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Reznor, Oct 9, 2014.

1. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i saw a translation from the original japanese on reddit that said the speaker uses "watashi" so it's hanji speaking. if it was eren he would have used "ore"

as for the high school thing.. omg. i didn't know it was a thing. wow she seems to kind of like him in that series ? but why does she say "he did something to me?" is she referring to levi (does he do something to mirror how he choked her in the real series?) or to eren (aka made her think a lot about him while realizing she's boring aka he did something harsh cuz he made her realize how boring she was?) or did something actually happen in that chapter where he did something to her ... ?

what chapter is this and where can i read it?

2. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

what do you mean how? anyone can dream about anyone. it wouldn't be weird for him to have a dream about the kids since those were his final thoughts when he was waking up as a titan to protect them. he cares about them, they're on his mind. nothing suspicious or weird about that. who cares if they're not shifters. what, have you never had a dream about people you know? come on now

3. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i remember that from the s2 opening but never knew what it was about. i always assumed it was like, baby eren, or baby zeke. it seems like the adult has a survey corps jacket on

4. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

Well then it's a very weird bubble placement. Maybe because of my total cluelessness of the language, but i don't really understand what's the big deal, is there a gender difference between those two or anything. One way or another, we need to wait for a better translation.

These are "fake previews" at the end of the volumes, if you pay attention, down-left corner it says "real preview is on the next page", Isayama drew several of them of them(not sure if he does it at the end for EVERY manga volume), it's just for fun.. or so we thought before this, now i'm thinking that it might either be hinting stuff or creating a red herring, i think it's called attack on titan high school us style or something
    Here are some other pages, didn't bother to sort chronologically

The one with Historia and Eren is the newest i believe.
    As for why did she say "he did harsh things to me" it's was either like.. foreshadowing for what possibly is going to happen in the next volume by Isayama(that is the current chapters we're having), or she was just trying to get his attention, i would guess Reiner and others are not gonna just let this slide. Basically Eren is yet another victim of Metoo.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  5. Mig35 New Member

Openings are monitored by the writer and I think it was mentioned here somewhere that Isayama had major hand in making of this opening.

6. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

wait so the actual au manga isn't like this??? i think i tried reading it and they're all chibi and nice/goofy. so historia isn't actually a queen bee bitch and all of that? mikasa isn't goth??? :( man he should make the fakes into a real thing, it looks more appealing than chibi's fighting their senpais
    yeah and given how many spoilers there were in the opening, even for stuff that wasn't revealed until now (the rumbling for example)

7. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

Is the chibi thing even from Isayama, i thought it's just random filler shit made by completely irrelevant ppl

8. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

idk when i tried to look up the high school au all i saw was chibi shit

is there a separate one drawn by isayama in this american high school style or does he only do the fake previews for the chibi shit

9. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

From what i know American style high school and Chibi high school are not connected at all. American style is written and drawn by Isayama, while the Chibi is written and drawn by a completely different guy.
    I don't know to which "AU" refers to.
    Just google "attack on titan american high school"

10. Veggie Knight of Ange

Mexico
    Havent read AoT since like 2014 actually, maybe 15. Is Annie still in that damn crystal?

11. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

but they're closer to getting her out i think.

do you think she ages in that thing? does it extend her 13 years? maybe they can do that zeke or eren instead of always having historia make babies that will eat her

12. The World KATTA

Don't ask me what the fk just happened, i have no idea, no idea at all

14. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

Eren eating Historia in human form? That's new.

16. chibbselect Well-Known Member

you know sometimes I worry about Isayama.

17. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

Snk Fake Preview of Volume 27

Random guy 1: Excuse me.
    Random guy 2: Ooooops I’m sorry.
    Random guy 3: My hand slipped!!
    Mikasa: Dark knight!
    Armin: What did you do, Eren?! There is a rumor saying you did horrible things to Historia!?
    Eren: …Historia?

Historia: Shoot… Didn’t think my word could create such a scene… Why did these guys spread nonsense like that?! So they didn’t tell the truth and save those poor students who are fooled by groundless rumors?! … I beg you all to stop putting on a face like a justice enforcer who issued a judgement to the bad people!!
    Historia: Ahhhh… What should I do… If I confess it’s me who said a nonsense, I don’t know what will happen to me… Ugh, oh no, they are coming this way!!
    Historia: …… I’ll apologize. If I face you wholeheartedly, you will understand me.
    Eren: Who are you? Why don’t you speak out what I’ve done?
    Historia: … Why not you just ask your heart properly? You should know, shouldn’t you?

(T/N: And Eren bites Historia…)

18. Tiller Well-Known Member

Don't be an ass. The idea is that he is dreaming about what they are doing, in other words he is getting vision about them, and what they are doing. How in the hell does he have that power?

19. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

In case y'all want to know more about the "ice blast" material. It was shown where they got it from in attack on titan: before the fall. 75 years ago there was this cave on the island that had what appeared to be frozen pools of water in it. They found out that it was flammable and it wasn't water/ice. They figured out that it was some kind of fuel. Not any ol kinda fuel, it was a super fuel. They used it to replace the regular gas used in the proto 3D gear. Glad they are speaking on the "special materials" on the island finally. Basically the 3D gear is made up from some of the unique super things within the island. Fuel from the cave, swords/cables are made from super hard/durable bamboo trees that were mutated from something deep in the ground.
    Well when it comes to titans I noticed a pattern. It seems that royal families are royal because they carried titan shifters. When Ymir died her powers went to 9 random(or were they selected...?) Eldians. There's 9 Royal families and they were at war with each other(titan wars). Using logic I think they pass them down through their families and clans. The "attack on, titan!" was simply hidden from marley after they took over by his royal family/clan. Maybe kruger is the name of 1 of the families?

20. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

Again, so we just not gonna talk about what happened to all the titans on the outside of the walls....? They purposely left that all ambiguous and shit.

Nobody care about the wall cult anymore? Haven't heard a peep out of them ever since we came back home. Now that the secrets out that they were willing to die for, what's next? Something tells me that they are gonna play a huge role in the end game. I'm starting to wonder about the two people that flipped on marley. Russian chick and black dude seem overjoyed when they met the Eldians. Talking about god and shit. They could be fanatics and secretly in cahoots with the wall cult.

Reiner seeing through Gabie's eyes or memories must be because they're related. We don't know everything about titans. He was basically doing the same weird thing as Eren Kruger(Owl).

So we just gone act like Connie and Armin never checked out historia before...... ... .. .?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018 at 10:49 PM
  21. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

22. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

it's a euphimism for him eating her out :maybe

23. Roman Chariot

France
    Catdank Faction:
    Damn, I feel sorry for Historia.

24. Azaleia Looking to the future...

I stopped reading Before the fall, might pick it up again.

Isayama is not subtle at all, huh

25. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

Man I just thought of something. Eren(owl) blacked out and saw shit in the past from previous attack titan users. Then it looked like he was seeing through eren's eyes in the future talking to mikasa and armin. Could this mean gabie or falco will be the next armored titan in the future? Isayama is obviously keeping them around for a reason.

SMH connie just can't catch a break. First his best friend dies and now he's being accused of being a pillow biter smh. I would think armin was gay before connie lol. I remember people thought hange was gay and ymir was a tranny(girl to a boy) or some shit. I still think the rape and assault turned ymir away from men and historia was the first human she connected to. Hange aint gay, she just a damn freak, saw how she treated that eren situation this chapter? Is it just me or was she being turned on by that argument?... ... ..? Like where did the whole perv comment come from... .. ..?

Man it seems like every english translator dropped it just when it was getting good for some unknown reason. Somebody comes along once every and a while and translates a whole volume. But if you speak Spanish or Portuguese they're all translated. There's a few other languages as well. The english stops at the final stages of the 3d gears creation.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 10:36 PM
  26. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

So a friend of mine saw the 1st episode of season 3. He said they cut some things short and some of the action scenes that should have happened around like episodes 5 and 6 happened. He didn't see anything new.

So it's just like I thought, Isayama cut a lot of dialog short. He also cut some scenes down as well. Can't wait to see what he adds later though. Man they been showing early screenings for a lot of series lately. My boy also saw the first episode of Jojo's bizarre adventure part 5 as well. He also said they started production for the last Evangelion movie(FINALLY!!!!) on june 30th. The promised neverland anime coming too. Man 2018 - 2019 is gonna be lit!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  27. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

You can actually find the episode online already.

They cut ALOT, it covered like 7 manga chapters. The thing is tho, the 1st episode felt rushed, i don't know how Anime-only ppl will feel, but that's how it felt to me.
    I'm also hoping they will add new stuff, but i just wish they did a better job with ep1.

28. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

i dont think they necessarily cut that much, they just rearranged stuff. like for the most part, the episode focused on two chapters but it just moved up the kenny confrontation from 57 up to the first episode so it feels like it covered 7 chapters and skipped a lot but i think the rest will still be shown

i heard isayama had a role in rearranging a lot of the scenes cuz he felt there wasnt good flow in the manga

for example, they completely skipped over the erwin stuff and historia's backstory even though it was referenced. so i expect they will show her backstory in a proper flashback later on. and erwin too. and reeves will probably join the fray in a different manner.

29. Mr Hayk GodSlayer

Surely they will show Historia's flashback, but some stuff they straight up changed, they did change the Eren and Historia moment, made it weaker i must say, but also completely ignored the personality change that historia had in the manga, the only line alluding to that was about her not smiling that Eren said, which u can easily gloss over.
    I don't know man, i'm hopeful for now.. but i don't know.

30. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

yeah i was upset about that change too. part of what i loved about that scene in the manga is just how bitchy and depressed historia seems. and i loved when eren scolded her basically for not caring since armin is in her place. and then the vision/dream historia (or eren?) had of freida and living on the farm. it felt more intimate in the manga. in the anime they still seem like they're being nice/polite to each other, there isn't that raw honesty where her true personality is showing. hopefully they still make her be in that bitch mode later on lol