1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shino and Shikamaru vs Neji and Kiba

Discussion in 'Dub Battledome' started by vkx, Aug 26, 2007.

1. vkx

Just thought of this match up. I'm in favor of Shino and Shikamaru because Shikamaru could use his shadow posession jutsu to stop Neji and Kiba while Shino uses his bugs to drain all their chakra. What do you guys think?

Tags:
  2. Dementia

Shino and Shikamaru would use smarts, Neji and Kiba would use force. If Shika isn't quick enough to immobilize those two, they're doomed.:nod

3. Jackal

shino is pretty damn good from waht weve seen from him in the past. -snip- kiba & neji..... have really done nothing yet :p. id have to go with shino and shiki on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  4. vkx

That's very true; seeing how far the english version got; both of them lost their matches against Naruto in the Chunin exams. But if Neji somehow got close enough to one of them; it would be over for either Shino or Shikamaru.

5. Vance

These two make an excellent team. Getting close means Shadow Possession, and staying far back means bugs coming by.

6. Purgatory

I have to go against the majority here by myself, eh? Oh well.

All right, as we know, Shino and disguise his bugs so that they blend into the forest, if this is the area the OP assumes it to be for the fight. Now for whoever remembered, the bugs ate up the chakra strings Kankurou's puppets were connected to via fingers. However, in dealing with a Byakugan user, with 360 degree and 50(?) metre insight, he will be able to see through solid objects, and, therefor, notice the chakra bugs. If Kiba is given scent of his opponents, he will track them down no matter what. With the help of a Byakugan user (like he'll need one), Kiba won't have any trouble finding their enemies.

Now, let's look at Shikamaru.

In the fight against Temari, Asuma said that his IQ was about 200 and also speculated that he was able to already think 3 steps ahead of his opponent. With the forest at his advantage, he may be able to ensnare Neji and Kibs with his Kage Mane (Shadow Possession) and let Kiba finish them. If team 1 is given prep time, Shikamaru might set traps about the area.

Now, the problem with this is, as I've said, the Byakugan can see in every direction within a wide radius. Meaning he will be able to see through the traps Shikamaru set up (if allowed) and, possibly, see their enemies. I'm going to also assume that Akamaru is barred from this fight. Although, Kiba can use the soldier pill (food pill for dub) to have even more speed and chakra, meaning team 1 is in deep shit if they come within close range.

As unbiased as I can be, team 2 has a 60/40 or even 70/30 chance of winning this. Obviously if team 2 comes within contact of team 1 at just the right distance, team 1 most likely loses.

As for the separate fights, I believe Neji would go up against Shino while Kiba faces off against Shikamaru. Now, the chakra bugs feed on chakra, correct? Yes, but however, they can only feed off of stationary chakra. The reason why I say this is because Neji's Kaiten (Eight Trigrams Palm Rotation) has the user spin about with chakra that's moving and will repel whatever tries to intervene. Although Shino has access to Bug Clones, if Neji strikes fast enough (and boy, does he), he will be able to clog up Shino's chakra system temporarily, and, he could also strike at Shino's internal organs with Gentle Fist to make Shino incapable of fighting.

As for the Kiba/Shikamaru fight, I will honestly say that Shikamaru has the advantage if Neji doesn't disarm the traps Shikamaru would set up. By this this time if Kiba doesn't reach Shika fast enough, he could be able to trap his opponent by using Shadow Possession, that's IF Kiba doesn't attack him first. Although Shikamaru captured his foe, he couldn't simply do anything except to wait for his demise since Neji would clog up his chakra system, making him unable to keep his Shadow Possession stable for long, and Kiba gives the final strike.

7. Vance

I was expecting

"Lulz, GB pwns them"

Impressive Corrupt Vergil...Impressive.

8. vkx

Touche, Neji may be able to beat Shino in a one on one battle. But once Shikamaru catches Kiba in his Shadow posession Jutsu; he'd just finish it with with shadow strangle jutsu.

9. Purgatory

However, Neji has seen his Shadow Possession in the preliminals, and he knows to approach Shikamaru carefully. Although Shikamaru has impressive IQ as a tactician, he doesn't have any real offensive abilities in terms of jutsu. We've seen Neji''s reaction time when we saw a scene of him fighting Lee. Lee with weights is fast enough as it is, and Neji was able to parry his taijutsu with the special Hyuuga taijutsu. Once Neji evades the shadow (and this also depends where the sun shines), Neji is able to close off Shikamaru's chakra system and end the battle.

10. vkx

I meant Shikamaru would be able to kill Kiba if he was fighting him. Other than that You've got me.

11. Purgatory

I know. Out of the four of them, I'd put my money on Kiba being the least smartest of the group. But, I hope my rather long post gives insight, no offense to Shino/Shikamaru fans though.

12. vkx

It's fine with me atleast; those four character were my most favorite characters so I win either way...smile-big I'm going to make another thread. Stay tuned to find out who's fighting who.

13. Purgatory

Ehh...you're really wanting me to go biased on Neji on that fight :arg too much of a curbstomp, really (you should know which fight I mean).

14. Reina_Miyamoto

i agree shino and shika would own this match

15. Kamishiro Yuki

Well.. I think the Neji group will win. They are the force there :D

16. yondaime the 4th hokage

17. dodgekfc

shino nd shika would win this easy

18. Amethyst Grave

Shino is too scary, cool. And with Shika to help...

I think it's a win for team ShikaShin. :pek

19. Balalaika

20. Sōsuke Aizen

Shino and Shikamaru take this overall.

21. Amethyst Grave

Unless Shikamaru can pull his brains together quick enough, it'll be a stand-off between Shino and Neji.

Kiba and Akamaru would snap Shikamaru's neck.

22. Euraj

With proper planning, I'm sure Shino and Shikamaru would win. Neither one of their opponents have Jutsu that they can activate while frozen either.

23. Yellow

Well Shino's bugs eats chakra and Neji's techniques rely on chakra. Shikamaru can trap them and have Shino use his bugs to eat their chakra. I think Shino and Shikamaru would win.

24. Raiden Moderator

Kiba could be easily stopped by Shikamaru's shadow technique. Taking down Neji would be rather difficult but I think Shino can handle it by eating Neji's chakra especially if he uses the eight trigrams technique.

25. ~ Son of SPARDA ~

I'll give this one to Shino and Shikamaru.

26. XxRenjixX

neji is smart and strong kiba though wouldnt stnad a chance

27. The Moor of Venice

I see Shino and Shikamaru winning this. Both can think on a high level and Shino's bugs can negate Neji's Kaiten.

Shika thinks so many steps ahead and he has Shino's power to back it up. These two take it. :)

28. Grimmjow

29. Me Not You

shikamaru would kill neji. kiba would kill shino then shikamaru and kiba tie

30. Vangelis

Hmm, that could go either way actually. Im actually leaning towards Shino and Shikamaru but im still not all that certain.