1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Shino vs. Kimimaro

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by martryn, Jan 19, 2005.

Kimi or Shino?

1. Shino

21.2%
  2. Kimi

78.8%
  1. martryn

I actually think that this fight would be closer than the Gaara/Kimi fight. With the abilities of Shino's bugs to consume chakra, and the fact that he probably has grown considerably since the chuunin exam, enough to go on missions with his jounin father, I don't think you can count him out right off the back.

Tags:
  2. RaitoRyuukashin

kimi can pull out his friggin spine... shino almost died from some poison. and i dont like bug boy .. Kimi wins by default

3. martryn

So now Kimi is immune to poison I suppose?

*sigh*

4. RaitoRyuukashin

yes He grows bones that cover his nostrils and mouth then escapes

gg

5. Gaimanotaku

Yeah, it's not as if Kimmimaro ever got sick or anything.

I'm as big a Shino fanboy as exists, but even I believe he'd get utterly destroyed in this battle. Shino may be a tactician, clever, have the ability to sap chakra, but the bugs would have no way to penetrate bone, Kimmimaro's chakra reserve is monstrous and most likely indepletable, and fast pure taijutsu seems to be Shino's overwhelming weakness.

6. martryn

I myself am not saying that he would win, I'm just stating that he has an even money chance. I pointed out in another thread that anytime Kimi pulls a bone from his body, Shino's bugs would be there, entering unnoticed. It would all come down to whether or not Kimi could kill Shino fast. I might have posted this a little early, for we can't really be sure of a lot of Shino's abilities. I would wager, though, that he can use his bugs as a delaying tactic for Kimi, either by slowing him down by bogging up his feet, or by making a bug duplicate of himself. I'm still undecided, but I think I will argue for Shino, at least until some people will give him more than a snowball's chance in hell.

7. Shishou

Shino is actually one of the only characters I could see defeating the SICK Kimimaro.

Shino is obviously a genius, and thinks way ahead. And his ability to control bugs how he does, would actually be able to beat Kimimaro.

Kimimaro is constantly self inflicting wounds on his body, but pulling out bones and what not... This would give Shino the ability to easily sneak his bugs into Kimimaro's body, feasting on his Chakra. And once all Kimimaro's chakra is gone, there isn't much he can do. Of course, minus the chakra eating, Shino can't hurt him... But if Kimimaro has no chakra, he probably can't use his bone defensive moves, and would be defeated.

8. RaitoRyuukashin

but he would have to do that before Kimi busts a finger bone in his skull

9. korican04

I am only going by what is in the manga and anime, not well if kimi wasn't sick or he would have been awesome or his power is awesome or we don't know what he really could do. We have seem shino fight 2 times and kimi against 3 opponents, for me that shows what they can do.

I believe this would be a believable scenario. Kimi rushes with taijutsu and some bones sticking out, like he did with the 3 fights we observed. He would strike shino only to be bugged(sorry i had to say it, but bug bushin). Of couse it's not shino and shino shoots his bugs at him. Kimi laughs it off as what a pathetic attempt it is. Shino uses his ninjaness to realize that he has to buy some time but kimi as strong as he is, rushes in and slices him again, yet to be fooled by bug bushin #2. Kimi states that no matter how many bugs they will not penetrate the layer of bone skin he has plated him self with. Shino says "your a fool, one sword isn't enough" kimi then shoots him with his bone bullets. But shino unlike garaa moves the hell out of the way. Kimi finds himself weak and then realizes the bugs have gone in with the holes he made himself. He is weakening but then just busts out level 2(we know that with low chakra like in sasuke's case the evil seals can be activated.) and shino unfortunately dies.
    Shino doesn't get punked though!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  10. Shishou

Kimimaro: "Seems you can't do anything, without your bugs."
    Shino: "But with my bugs, I can do anything."
    *Makes the sky black with bugs from throughout the forest*

But ya, I think this would be a good match, and there is the possibility that Shino is killed before he can take enough chakra from Kimi.

11. martryn

I think Kimi can get him one time out of three.

12. hitokiritensai

After arguing that the Sound 4 could take him for so long, there is no way I'm going to live this one down if I say that Shino could take him.

13. Ingoman

If Shino manages to fool Kimimaro long enough to tag him with a female, Kimimaro is doomed. The question is can Shino survive long enough for Kimimaro to croak?

14. Devilguy

Shino is smart but I think that he would undoubtly lose this one. He has neither amazing speed nor any ultimate defence. He had a good fight with Kankuro because their styles matched (no taijutsu raw power battle). Tactics can make the chances of victory higher, but in this case the power gap between them is too wide.

15. Shishou

The difference between Shino and others, is Shino's attacks eat chakra.
    Shino wouldn't be able to take down the Sound 4, but his techniques are killer to someone like Kimimaro. Play the hiding game, and attack his chakra source until it is depleted.

16. Uchiha-Itachi89

well the probleme of kimi is the lake of charka as we saw in the battle against gaara, he used techniques that waste too much chakra , while gaara have a giant ammount, he can use as much as he want.
    i say kimimaro win anyway because he is faster

17. Kamendex

We dont know at all if he lacks chakra, he only stopped because he died of disease...gaara does not have a giant amount, because his automatic defenses use up alot, and you dont know if kimi is faster then shino

18. Raikiri

Shino is too slow to fight Kimi. The bugs would probably work as a weapon on Kimi, but Shino would have a heckuva time trying to get the bugs on Kimi before Kimi skewers him. An advanced bug user like Shino's father might do okay.

19. Sensou Kage

That's real funny but a good point. I never liked Shino a whole lot because out of all the characters he seems to be the biggest one trick pony(I know this can be agured a lot). All he has is few simple bug attacts(unless he is holding back ALOT, which is likely since he is so mysterous). Shinos best bet against kimimaro would be to run and hide like crazy while having his bug slowly suck him dry of his chakra. That would probably take a while seeing how it seems he has a large amount of chakra(I don't know who said he doesn't). Overall Shino might hold out for a while but he would still get killed!

20. Darc_d3mon

Kimi Would Own Shino All ova da place yo......!!!

21. martryn

It's not that anyone thinks that Kimi doesn't have a lot of chakra, just that his dances seem to use a lot. And to me it seems that Shino's bugs consume chakra really damn fast. In the battle against Kankurou, the first time I saw it, it looked as if Kankurou had been eaten alive.

But, I agree with everyone that Shino would have to scramble to survive long enough to have a chance. I do think, however, that with all those bug clones that Shino uses, he would survive a lot longer than most people give him credit for. I stay with Kimi winning one time out of three.

22. Jeltz

If Shino somehow manages to survive long enough he would win. Shino has a weapon which can kill Kimi, he just has to survive long enough to be able to use it to defeat his opponent.

23. Naruto_Heart

yea...even a thousand kage bushin cant do a shit thing to kimimaro...

you think bug man gonna cause problem for the bone man?

if i do remember clearly...

Bug man, Stammer lady and dog man were shivering in their boots when they saw Gaara aka sand man prowess...

and Bone man was the one who by himself took on Narutart, Drunken lee and Sand man...and Gaara he himself also mentioned that he would be dead if kimi wasnt sick...

i know about match up...A > B does not means A > C too...

but please...Shino is a poor match up for Kimimaro.

Shino is at best...a strong genin...and Kimimaro...i would ranked him, together with his cursed seal strength...to be a jounin or a damn strong chunnin.

24. Kamendex

The clones should have been no prob for kimi, all he had to do is poke them with the bone sticking out of his hand...and rock lee wasnt much of a fight. Kimi has internal bone armor which helps a lot against taijutsu

25. Shishou

*bangs head on desk*

Temari/Kankuro are Chuunin skilled! BEFORE THE EXAM, they state if they took it the year before, they would have definently passed. Juss because someone is rated as a Genin, doesn't mean they are on the same level as a Genin. You guys look way too much into ranks... Hell, with classifying people's skill and level of shinobi on their class, is like saying 9th Dan > 7th Dan in everything, because he is ranked higher.

Its not like this people -.- My little brother plays Paintball, in tournaments and stuff for example. They have ranks, and you can only play against a rank so high. Not too sure on the ranks but I will juss assume they go something like, Novice, Rookie, Amateur, Something, Pro. Well today he is going to a tournament, and he told me a bit aboot it... His team which is Novice, can play Novice and Rookies. But he doesn't think he will beat this one team, who is by all means high Amateur. But the fact is, they are as skilled as Amateur, but their rank is still Rookie. And because of this, they can play in tournaments against Novice an Rookies, even though their skill level is superior to the others who actually are Novice/Rookies.

And the same thing goes for Naruto, ranks don't mean squat. Sasuke is a genin, but Genma told Sasuke he is already Chuunin level. But since he is Genin, I guess we muss say he is automatically inferior to all chuunin, since his rank is Genin.

Now look at Shino. He has never lost in the very few matches we have seen him in. He is very mysterious, and may very well be among the elite "genins" in terms of skill. But the fact is, he beat Kankuro, who is definently Chuunin skilled. And there was a mistake on Shino's part, getting poisoned, but minus the poison he pretty much had the upper hand. So referring to Shino as, "only a genin", is quite false.

26. itachiunleashed

ok i can finish this off kimi has "the perfect defense" right. so how would shinos bugs even get through his defense. the bone itself doest posses the charka and therefore shino would pretty much have to shove bugs down his throat. that and only that would give shino a chance to win

27. Naruto_Heart

relax...theres no need to bang your head on the table...

but you cant negate the fact that he was practically shaking when he saw what Gaara was capable of...

he himself know his capabilities better than anyone...and if Gaara can leave him shaking like that...what about kimimaro?

Shino is no doubt an intelligent guy who play to his strength...but matching him up to kimimaro is just way too hard for him...

and mentioning he defeated kankurou? haha...its more of a tie...since both of them were injured...look at Shino...he was dying from the poison until his dad came to his aid...

Spoilers........

take a look at the manga and you will see the new kankurou...he has become much stronger...together with Temari and Gaara...
    and if a much stronger Gaara cant defeat a sick kimimaro...what chance does Shino has? not to mention Kimimaro has a curse seal which will aid him greatly in any battle...though its a double edged sword :p

28. Shishou

Well the thing is, if the bugs even need to enter the body of the opponent to eat chakra, its possible with Kimimaro's fighting style.

He is constantly opening his body to take bones out, leaving wounds Shino could sneak tons of bugs into.

And then there is the possibility if the bugs are on opponent, they can suck the chakra out, but I think Kimimaro's bone defense might prevent this.

Either way, I would say Shino has a chance higher than Naruto, Neji, Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba, Sasuke, at defeating Kimimaro.

I also like to think Kimimaro using a good amount of chakra to keep his body alive from his illness, so he is dependant on the chakra... Which is why we have seen like his cursed seal opening only a tiny bit, to give him chakra, but not fully going into Cursed Seal lvl 1.

29. martryn

Remember who came out of that fight alive and uninjured? And who seemed to have the upper hand the entire time? I don't know what your definition of defeat is, but to me it means that if the other guy is dead and you are alive and chillin with your homies...

30. IronFist Alchemist

His point was Kimi's disease killed Kimi,not Gaara.If Kimi had afew more seconds,it would've been a draw,or if he was healthy,dead Gaara :p