1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Shinobi with the most "skill"?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by mikeyman75, Oct 3, 2018.

1. mikeyman75 Member

Which ninja is the most gifted/experienced/well trained in overall skill/power while having little to nothing given to them power-wise? (Ex. of given power: Genetics, dojutsu, tailed beast power, etc. you get the point) So no Naruto, Sasuke, Hashirama, Madara etc.

Some examples could be Kakashi (I know he was given a Sharingan but I think it's fair to put him here b/c it came at the cost of tiring him easily) with his versatility and ability to use Sharingan/MS so well despite the handicap, Guy/Lee for getting to legendary levels of Taijutsu skills on basically training alone, etc

My vote probably goes to Mu on first thought (unless he was given a power I don't know of, I don't know too much about Mu lol)

- Highly skilled in Dust release
    - Can use all 5 chakra natures
    - Sensor type who can sense chakra from several km away
    - Could fly with Earth release
    - Could split himself into two duplicates (not shadow clones, highly advanced A-rank jutsu)
    - Skilled in Kenjutsu
    - Highly analytical/intelligent
    - Could completely hide his presence with Water release (became renowned as the "Non-Person")

Tags:
  2. AJBeckyBlissRollins Well-Known Member

First one that comes to mind in terms of raw skill without a cheat bloodline is probably Guy or Lee who's taijutsu prowess is on another level entirely.

I don't typically favor these two but that's my answer.

3. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Argentina
    First that came to mind was Kakashi as well. Then some ANBU members like one of the two that were with Shikamaru when they were trying to get Sai back. Forgot her name, the young girl. She had an interesting ability and was quite skilled.

Shout out to Gai and Lee as well for their hard work and dedication. I would say Ten ten too, with her huge variety of weapons usage.

4. Silnaem Nothing for Wisdom

5. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
  6. KBD Active Member

Hiruzen Sarutobi, the God of shinobi is the only real answer.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Baki Sand Jounin

Kabuto had nothing. No legendary teacher, no kekkei genkai, no bijuu, no OP eyes.

He was a war orphan with medical training, who then went on to become a double-agent, a pioneer in medical ninjutsu that can adapt to having his limbs re-wired, a snake sage, and the ultilmate self-made mastermind who placed the most broken ninjas in history under his command.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Lord Nighty Atomic Sables!

How is it fair to include Kakashi just because Sharingan tired him? MS tired Sasuke and Itachi.

But anyway...

I'd go with team Hiruzen. None of them were given anything. They became the legends they are through sheer hardwork and natural skill.

9. mikeyman75 Member

It's your own opinion; he was given a power he wasn't even supposed to able to use properly to a certain extent (Think playing in the NBA with one arm, racing 100m with one leg)
    But obviously you could rule him out for that if you want, to each their own

Or you could just think Kid Kakashi/Hokage Kakashi

10. AJBeckyBlissRollins Well-Known Member

I thought Jiraiya was the only one not gifted or had natural advantages?

11. Lord Nighty Atomic Sables!

Tsunade is the only one who might not count since she has Uzumaki and Senju genes.

But the other three have nothing. Oro and Hiruzen have natural talent to learn the jutsu they did and Jiraiya was just a hard worker. None of them had any special family history or were given any power-ups. Anything they have they earned through labor.

12. Baki Sand Jounin

They had the privilege of having the most powerful shinobi of that era as teachers. I wouldn't say they had nothing.

13. Lord Nighty Atomic Sables!

Having the best teacher doesn't make you the best. You still have to work for the benefits.

Tenten isn't a taijutsu beast like the rest of her team.

Sakura is....Sakura.

Both girls had the benefit of having the best jounin train them yet still fell behind the rest of their team.

Not so with Team Hiruzen.

14. Baki Sand Jounin

Sure, but I wasn't saying or implying that teachers make students but rather that teachers benefit students. Having the god of shinobi as a teacher straight out of the academy is a privilege 99% of shinobi never get.

15. Lord Nighty Atomic Sables!

I know what you meant, but my examples still proves that even thats wrong. The girls benefited literally nothing from their great teachers.

Then take someone like Haku. Sure, he has a kekki genkai so might not count for the thread, but no one could've taught him how to use his special jutsu. Only though hard work did he come to master it at the level he did, and is to date(iirc) he only one capable of handseals with one hand.

16. Baki Sand Jounin

Just because they didn't benefit much (or at all) from their teachers, doesn't mean that having a great teacher isn't a benefit.

Haku is a fine example, but I wouldn't put him over Kabuto.

17. Lord Nighty Atomic Sables!

Kabuto is another great example for the thread.

But my point with Haku and the girls was that great teacher or none at all, its ultimately the student who has to do tje work. Jiraiya, Oro, and Hiruzen became as strong as they did through their own merit, not thanks to any birthrights or gifts.

18. Santoryu Scarecrow

Kakashi not only awakened the Mangekyo Sharingan (a rarity among the Uchiha clan, and Itachi considered it inconceivable that Kakashi could awaken it), he also went to master it to the point he was able to draw praise from the strongest Uchiha's of all time. Even predating the Sharingan he was dubbed the genius of his generation. His lack of Uchiha genes stopped him from being stronger than even the best of the best, but we saw a mere glimpse of what could have been when he temporarily outperformed Naruto and Sasuke during the battle with Kaguya.

The answer is Hatake Kakashi.

19. Lord Nighty Atomic Sables!

The very fact that he was given the Sharingan in the first place disqualifies him though.

20. goombanthime well-known member

Canada
    a kekkei mora

Likely Hiruzen, master all five element and learned most of his village justu

21. acewolf007 Well-Known Member

I disagree you wouldn't say an Olympic fencer don't deserve a gold median because they don't make there own sword. I also never understood the "talent" vs "hard work" thing. It pretty much because a task comes easy to someone there accomplishing said task is less impress, it always seemed liked a way to undermined characters accomplishments.

22. Lord Nighty Atomic Sables!

Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying Kakashi isn't skilled in general. But as per the OP's specifications, he can't be counted due to his Sharingan a.) Being a doujutsu and b.) Was given to him.

23. acewolf007 Well-Known Member

24. mikeyman75 Member

You could use Kid Kakashi (Jonin before Sharingan) or Hokage Kakashi. Or you could look at it differently to make an exception for him.

I look at it as Kakashi being given a dojutsu, yes but I don't consider it something that was a "power given to him" tbh. It was more of an extra tool that was very difficult to use efficiently (being non-uchiha). If anything it is a testimony to his skill in taming the Sharingan even despite being a non-Uchiha. (He did tame it at his first use, but still couldn't master 3T after like another solid 13-15 years or so) However, you could totally still make the case for him being disqualified because he was given the Sharingan's dojutsu powers. Personally, I find it okay to make him an exception. (as I don't think he was exactly given a power, but he was given a tool that was extremely difficult to use but still managed to use it well) The thing is, it's HIGHLY subjective because we've almost never seen someone else (a non-Uchiha ninja) with a 'given' Sharingan not being able to use it without it draining their chakra extensively or having extreme difficulty mastering it.

Therefore, I see it as an iffy case, but I would consider Hokage Kakashi still very talented and skilled (he still has his strength/speed feats from the War Arc, for those of us who see them as valid feats) and is still one of the stronger contenders on this list anyways. To each their own!

25. Santoryu Scarecrow

Considering the op's specifications, you're correct .

That makes it more difficult then. I suppose Might Gai could be a contender considering his heroics with the gates.

26. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    I'm going to toss Sasori or Orochimaru out there.

Sasori knows how to make people, into literal godamn puppets, that retain their old powers, broken AF, and i can't think of a way it's "given", just studied, probably had a few masters degrees in anatomy and mental manipulation.
    I'm sure was at least average in the basics (taijutsu, melee kunai, etc.)
    Maintained a multitude of spies in a vast network, which was part of his overall worth to the akatsuki.
    Vastly intelligent
    Proficient in poisons
    I'm sure i missed several more, etc.

Orochi-fuckin-maru

This guy is THE definition of self made talent and determination to a godly level.
    I'd for sure say he was more talented/skilled than Hiruzen, who I firmly believe gained most of his Jutsu/Skills from being hokage, and/or having access to the best jutsu, especially from his proximity to the 1/2 hokage's

Able to dig his childhood self out of depression once he lost his parents
    Was so determined and hardworking he impressed Hiruzen, and was an obvious progidy
    Genius IQ
    Learned a variety of jutsu
    Proficient in basics (taijutsu, kunai, ninja gear, etc)
    Learned several Forbidden Techniques
    Was a legendary Sannin
    Member of the ANBU
    Several Nature Transformations
    God-like investigative skills
    Genjutsu
    Absorb Charka, although i haven't seen it personally
    Summonings
    Sealing Jutsu
    Propbably missed more here too

This was all BEFORE dude really got started with most of the mad scientist stuff and started splicing DNA and stealing children.

Although, he did "learn" senjutsu, and used knowledge to add that to his curse marks, and he did naturally learn more jutsu and hand signs afterwards, so he did naturally improve as well.
    He also did use his skills in medical ninjutsu and DNA splicing to make Danzos arm, and several other experiments.
    Plus he was the only one wise enough to realize immortality is the only way to o when collecting all the powers in existence.
    He also has that sword he used against Hiruzen.
    Ability to be revived from his curse marks
    Transform into a 8-headed snake

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  27. wooly Eullerex BTW, Izanagi is a ninjutsu; chidori is a nin-taijutsu

Flag:
    Belgium
    0ro, Hiruzen, Sasori, jiraiya

28. chaintoad Active Member

yeah, Orochimaru is the most obvious choice imo.

29. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

Sakura she was able to master medical ninjutsu to the point where she was able to surpass her master

30. Shark On a break..

"Copycat Kakashi"

"Kakashi of the Sharingan"

I'd say Hiruzen, Minato, Guy etc