1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Shippuuden 15: too fictional??

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by D1nonlynaruto, May 31, 2007.

1. D1nonlynaruto Kunai's Kill

I enjoy watching all of Naruto regardless of whether or not what happens in the show is "realistic" or not. But I do prefer that they keep it somewhat realistic with things like the fight scenes. When a ninja gets a kunai throw at his/her face, I expect there to either be...

A. a replication
    B. gushing blood
    C. gushing blood + death

Im pretty open minded like that, but for episode 15 of the Hurricane Chronicles, I didn't like one major thing about the episode.
    I understand that every ninja has their own special techniques, especially the members of akatsuki. But I don't like how they can get out of every..single..freaking mess! i mean, i dont read the manga so im probably missing out on some key points, but i just thought that it was ridiculous that the whole time the Konoha ninja were fighting....neither Kisame nor Itachi were really there.

...I'll be very interested to find out how their technique works in this new episode that came out today(..whenever it uploads completely :mad) or in the other future episodes.

So, thats how i feel.

Now....your thoughts on Kisame and Itachi's technique in episode 15?

thanx :amuse

Tags:
  2. James Bit of a nut.

Part 2 of Naruto has in general been far more unrealistic than Part 1, it's true. To be honest you should probably try and get used to it now as it's going to get a huge amount worse.

3. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

This is a world where Kage bunshin exists so that you can fight without it being your real body? Or you can summon the dead to fight for you although their bodies aren't real and they regenerate until you suck their souls out.

So why is this Akatsuki jutsu such a far stretch?

4. geG Very Rude

Naruto's never been very realistic. Talking toads that are summoned from some other dimension to fight a giant tanuki made of sand and all that.

5. D1nonlynaruto Kunai's Kill

it's not that it's such a far stretch, it's just that i that when orochimaru did that summoning jutsu to use the previous hokages to fight against sarutobi-sensei, they weren't disguised as anybody but themselves. i know those two shinobi from the sound village were sacrificed, but when the hokages were defeated they just went away. With itachi and kisame's jutsu, both people were still there and revealed. I guess that it must be a new jutsu or something but it just gets annoying with

*REPLICATION*
    *REPLICATION*
    *REPLICATION*
    !?!?!?!?!

its just like...when the hell is this gonna end. :notrust

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  6. drakt Correcting error.

i know, naruto is just getting plain silly, heres where i stopped due to it being totaly unrealistic.

Spoiler:

but ok, i kind of get where you are coming from on the whole "realistic" thing, as someone else said its going to get alot worse for you, part two is all about akatsuki, obviously they contain 9 of the strongest villans in the narutoverse and that strength mainly comes from crazy/out there abilities, you cant be strong just by being some dude whos good with a sword/kunai, you need laserbeam eyes and ICBM firing hair folicles if you wanna make it big.

there is less "outsmarting people then stabbing them with a kunai", more, "totaly destroy them and the surrounding 5km area and all living family members" sort of thing going on too.

7. Mek Blaze Colossal

If you don't like how people don't die because they use replications, you'll love a certain Akatsuki member.

8. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

I still have no idea what the OP is on about to be honest. It was just a new jutsu.

What's so bad about that?

9. Catterix is a super awesome

In some ways, isn't that more realistic?

When a country is going to be invaded, they don't send out their best troops to meet them outside the border, do they?

Same goes for here. Itachi and Kisame weren't going to go fight the Konohas themselves, they needed to stay and help with the extraction of the Bijuu. They sent out decoys, but for a story's perspective, its much more exciting to see Itachi and Kisame fighting than any old members of spy.

Its better story telling and much more realistic than Itachi and Kisame fighting out there, because there would have been some sort of real conclusion to that battle; death.

Your second point, about the repetitive replication scapegoats, yeah that is quite annoying. Though, mind you, this was largely filler. But if anything else, you could use it as a chance to be impressed that they were able to make the replications so easy.

10. yuhun I'm SO-SORRY Sasori

LOL realistic Naruto!

11. Fighting Spirit wat

Lawl, this is a shounen anime. Mention ONE shounen that is realistic! Just take a look at Bleach for example.

Just nvm these mouth-on-the-hand, weird-ass-statues and stuff! <3 the Naruto fights + the interaction between everyone + story!!!!

12. Davit CodeName: Bourbon

i heard that the two impostor ninja disguised as itachi and kisame...were used in a certain technique that was used by the uchiha clan long ago

13. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

You heard wrong sucka.

14. Davit CodeName: Bourbon

nvm nvm just i heard from somewhere it probably was a theory though i thought it was off the manga idk nvm

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  15. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

Lol, what?

16. Circe WONGA

In the world of the Pt. II Naruto, where Plot no Jutsu is prevalent, nothing is 'realistic' any longer. By the time the closure of the series comes to fruition, you will stare in awe, mouth agape, (similar to how sub watchers view dubs) at the utter fecal matter that is PnJ and abstract concept. And yet you will look past it. (Perhaps come to appreciate it.)

Oh yes, it will only get worse.
    On a side note: I recommend you read the manga, the art is much more fufilling.

17. CosmicDebris Awaken Gentle Mass Touch

I don't quite get where we're supposed to be worrying about an anime about ninjas who can replicate themselves, can turn a house into a giant stomach, see with extraordinary X-Ray vision, walk on water, summon giant talking animals, have giant demon mosters inhabiting their bodies, (insert endless list of impossible fantasy elements) being too "fictional".

18. kYdizzle new, you've all been there

yeah, naruto's new Oodama rasengan looks like a nuclear bomb going off, so i was wondering how did he live? but this is fiction, so Kishi can say he did live and it would be right

19. Circe WONGA

If you thought the Oodama was ridiculous, you haven't seen anything yet. ^_~

20. D1nonlynaruto Kunai's Kill

i think that half of these posts need to be trashed because those people obviously didn't thoroughly read the thread topic.
    naruto is fictional. ummm...no shit.

but there are still certain aspects of the show that get annoying after a while of repetition.

.....and once again...like i said...from the beginning....

like the fight in shippuuden 15.
    we watch an hour of fighting/flashbacks to find out that the whole fight was just a waste of time.

to make it clear...id just like to see an akatsuki member die already.

yes. :rofl

21. Circe WONGA

^Beware PnJ. :oh.

22. AmigoOne :(

So in all "reality", I think you're just tired of no real progress, and your taking it out on the replications things cause they are the perfect excuse.

23. sweetmelissa Member

I didn't get well the AL's 'Shapeshifting Jutsu'.Yuura and the other guy were just sacraficies for this jutsu right?And their appearances were changed into Kisame's and Itachi's and they had nearly 30% of their chakra.But were they alive during the fights with the Konoha teams and did they have the same abilities of Itachi and Kisame?Can somebody explain that to me please??

24. tommy198 Shizzle ma nizzle

Its always been like this though. If someone can make 1 million copies of themselves then thi isn't as far fetched as other jutsus imo. Anyway if you think its unrealistic now wait for the next few akatsuki memebers to be revealed. Now that was a bit too unrealistic.

25. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

As a manga reader, I bestow this wisdom upon you;
    It gets so fictional, you feel the need to check if someone snuck a 'shroom in your food.

26. Jadedmariner Slayer of Ramen

You won't really have to wait long for some progression. The purpose of the chapters of the manga these episodes mirror are meant to show the enormous gap in power between Itachi/Kisame and Naruto/Kakashi/Gai. It is showing that even at 30% power they were more than a handful for Konoha so they are not capable of fending them off just yet. Much like the first few episodes showed how crazy powerful Sasuke became during the timeskip.

27. chaosakita 我愛羅の愛好者~~!

Well, if you strongly dislike the unrealisticness in Naurto, you're going to be in a tough ride for the rest of the series, unfortunately.

28. Tiger Ambush

Oooh, we have a winner!

29. Uchiha Amik Don't Spoil Me...I'll Kill You

no, the Hokage's were souls and were sucked into the death gods stomach... so they should have completely dissapeared. and the Kazekage and his people who was sacrificed was found in a ditch rotting away.

also, the Akatsuki jutsu is slightly diff than what oro did.

30. D1nonlynaruto Kunai's Kill

thanx for the clarification :wink