1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Attention:

From now on, all kinds of threads concerning the upcoming movie will be moved to the Telegrams, so make sure to post your threads there from the get to go.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Freeza die in the Broly movie?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Namikaze Minato Flash, Oct 10, 2018 at 8:43 AM.

1. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Black Wolf

It was cool that they brought him back for the ToP, but I don’t see a reasonable purpose keeping Freeza around after the upcoming movie. Will Beerus see him as a necessary evil instrument of destruction and allow him to build his empire again? That’s the only reason I can come up with right now (Freeza SHOULD NOT redeem himself)...

Tags:
  2. Kishido Legend

3. The Supreme God GODSPEED Aka Thespiritdetective . ART IS AN EXPLOSION

I think he should at least get his ass beat. I think the underlying question here is how man more story's can they tell with freezer without him turning into a team rocket esque character. I think unless they are going to do something with him uprooting the gods somehow they should kill him off.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM
  4. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada
    Yes...

Keeping around a genocidal maniac like him makes no sense in the narrative. Goku and Vegeta also both hate the dudes guts...Not like they need any further incentive to end him.

He honestly shouldnt have come back period.

I like him and all, but he just doesnt fit in the recurring cast demographic at all.

5. Gogeta Shape shifter

The problem is them returning Freeza in the first place. But, since that was already done, if they kill him literally in this movie, then they would've wasted him, essentially.

It would be too soon for him to go now, ironically.

He mentioned wanting to control the gods. It seems most logical AND satisfying for the viewer that, if he were to NOW be permanently gone, it'd be in his attempt to control the gods, not in his fight with Broly.

6. Mider T VM Rapist

No. Broly didn't die in ththe Frieza movie so Frieza shouldn't die in the Broly movie.

7. Zef Dark Magician

This is literally a setting ruled by gods who destroy planets for fun.

And Goku befriends said gods. If we talking about a narrative not making sense lets start there.

8. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

True to his word, he has not abandoned his evil ways. I doubt he ever would. If they kill him they'll just end up having to resurrect him again at some point. It's a weird situation. He'll probably end up a GoD in another universe, or maybe Beerus' replacement if he dies at some point.

9. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

10. Gordo solos David "Gordo" Gordon

Yes, fucker deserves it. But they just brought him back so he’s definitely not going anywhere

11. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Member

United States
    My heart says yes, but my prediction says no.

Freeza was zoomed in on when he mentioned wanting the gods to bow to him.

It's my prediction he will challenge Champa, or replace him, as it seems like he is one of the weakest GoDs, and it would carry a ton of weight if he took down Beerus' brother, and now ran a universe with his own Saiyans, while also getting that juicy "God of Destruction Power Boost", could be grounds for another Arc at least.
    Could end with a U6 Saiyan killing their Supreme Kai to stop him, before Freeza figures out he has a huge weakness like that.
    Thennnn let Beerus explain that's why he sealed Old Kai, bring it full circle :)

12. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Uh no champa is beerus equal so lizard boy would get his shit clocked with ease

13. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

For what just to get brought back again for some bs?

14. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Member

United States
    Hmm, I must have missed this where it was said they were equals, I'd be more inclined to say Beerus has Champa by at least 25% overall power/strength, and I pulled that number out of my ass.

I'm pretty sure Vados/Whis actually say Beerus is stronger, or imply it.
    Champa was also the one who started panicking when Goku/Jiren had their energy struggle with the Spirit Bomb, that tells me he is comparable to the fighters themselves, rather than most gods.
    Hells Bells, Toppo, with his god boost, was significantly stronger than Freeza, but, Freeza still made a form of a stand, took damage from Toppo/Jiren, which would give him some clue as to the level the gods are at, and I'm sure he's much stronger now in Broly time, as he figured out training actually makes him echelons stronger in short periods of time.

In the worst case scenario, I see Freeza losing the fight, but you better believe Champa would be feeling it the next morning.

But as far as the Broly Movie goes, negative, Freeza isn't dyin just yet.

15. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Champa crapping himself means nothing hit and Goku stared him down and he backed down and latter on shown he could slaughter either of them
    Vados implied it in a gag fashion comparing there body type
    In there last two fights both were shown to stalemate each other with neither of them having an advantage especially where the last one had both drawing blood
    Freeza got clocked by God toppo who was restricted to kill same as jiren as well
    A blood lusted champa sends Freeza ass back to hell with no issues don't kid yourself
    Freeza may have gotten stronger by the but it not enough to do shit to GOD level fighters

16. Gordo solos David "Gordo" Gordon

Champa is dead even with Beerus, they made that pretty clear. The only slight advantage Beerus might have over him is Ultra Instinct but his version of it sucks

If Freeza can beat Champa then he would beat Beerus too, and we know for a fact Freeza will never surpass Beerus

17. LostSelf Forest Sage

Frieza is interesting. I'd say let's keep him there and see.

18. Suigetsu Fantastiche

Only if he remains dead, otherwise there is no point on killing him and reviving him all the time.

19. Duke Ysmir01 I am...Unbound

Flag:
    Spain
    This is DB, if they kill him, i give it 2 arcs before he is brought back for a third time:hestonpls

20. Stringer ∟ v a l i a n t

Canada
    my stance on that will depend on where his mindset will be once his plans fail in the movie

if he still doesn't learn or mature as a character then I'm all for getting rid of him, I'd rather see him go out on top than become a complete farce

21. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

will he? no, he just came back. :maybe

22. James Bond Well-Known Member

Sweden
    So you want Frieza to be iced? That's cold... cone of phrase.

23. redrum

should he? no

will he? no

:blobcoffee

24. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Black Wolf

As someone else said, Freeza’s character can take a turn for the worse if he falls victim to gag cameos like Team Rocket. I mean, Goku and the others aren’t going to allow him to build his army and conquer U7 as an evil emperor again. It’d tarnish his iconic villainous legacy if becomes a protagonist as well. His only use beyond the movie I can see is him becoming a U7 GoD candidate or him continuing his quest to control the gods...