1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Should President Bush be Impeached?

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by dmby, Jul 5, 2005.

1. dmby

This question deserves to be posted. Our last president, Bill Clinton, was impeached for purgery and obstruction of justice in regard to a sexual relationship. With the Downing Street Memo out, which gives much evidence to the notion that Bush lied so we could go to war, do you think this is an impeachable offense?

I mean, think about it:

Bill Clinton - got a blowjob from an intern and lied about it.

George Bush - lied about information which started the Iraq war, leading to the deaths of countless thousands of Iraqi citizens and over 1700 american troops to this date.

Way the two in your mind: which is the more impeachable offense? I think that with this new memo out, it is evident that president bush should be impeached.

Tags:
  2. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Lying isn't a crime, except under oath in a court of law.

3. Shishou

I believe in most that Bush is doing, and he is proving we are no pussy nation.

And he lied? He told us what intelligence told him. It wasn't juss him doing that solely.

4. Scorpio3.14

Thats exactly what I was gunna say. Clinton broke the law, Bush didnt.

5. Kahlua2606

President Bush was also given the same information by the Russian, British and Israeli intelligence agencies.

What everyone is forgetting is, of course, that Bin Laden might very well be in Pakistan. Should we invade there to get him? Where is Bin Laden's second in command? IRAQ!!! Is it not in our best interest to get him? Also, Saddam did help terrorists, if not the 911 terrorists specifically. He contributed to the funds that were paid to the familes of suicide bombers went off all throughout Israel. He tried to ethnically cleanse the Kurds, but was stopped by the US, not the UN, during the first Gulf War... he has tried to kill them off since.

Why is this not publicized? Simple. It supports the 'vast right wing conspiracy' that obviously exists all over the world.... the news must provide a neutral liberal view of the world.

6. Twizted

Of course not, he hasn't necessarily done anything wrong, in fact last time I checked a large portion of Americans still support the action in Iraq.

7. Donkey Show

Clinton was never impeached.

8. dmby

^yes he was. he just wasn't booted.

and with the downing street memo, we do have evicedence supporting that bush himself fudged info so he could have more support to go to war. I don't know if he ever lied under oath, but that definately qualifies as obstruction of justice.

9. Niabingi

its not about american support its about lying.... someone in power has to be accountable for what they have said or done otherwise they could get away with anything. Although president Bush may have lied or offered up dubious and doubtful intelligence still it takes more than that to be impeached remember most senators were and are still backing president bush's decision and impeachment requires a 2/3 vote in the senate.... I still to this day reckon it was wrong Clinton went through an impeachment trial...

10. TheMexicanKingVII

Yeah, I mean Clinton got a blow job? I mean would you want Hillary blowing you? I think not, I find it more of a crime tapping her.

Anyway, there?s no use regurgitating what's been said, he's done nothing that would warrant impeachment.

11. dmby

erh... i believe he should be charged with obstruction of justice. but hey, because people support it it must be right.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  12. Tsukiyomi

I dislike Bush as much as anyone, but he technically didn't comit a crime for which he could be impeached.

I would like to see more investigation into the endorsement of torture by our government, in my mind that is much more serious.

13. Procyon

This might be the dumbest topic I've seen yet at this forum. Bush didn't lie. There were[i/] and still are, WMD in Iraq. Have all of these liberals been failing to hear the news about finding entire underground bunkers as long as foot ball fields? This is just ludicrous. Bush is one of the best presidents we've seen in a long time. What in the world is with all this opposition to the war? We saved people from a tyrant, secured our country as a World Power, and improved our security back here. Yes, people have died, but they died for a valient cause. This is war. Deaths should be expected. Do you not view these people as heroes?

14. dmby

Have you read the downing street memo? it provides strong evidence that he fixed evidence for war. that is, technically, obstruction of justice. not to mention the torture ordeal, which, if found that bush had a hand in it or endorsed it, would be an offence worthy of both impeachment and a trial for human rights abuse.

if your joking, it wasn't funny. if your being serious, thats the dumbest comment i have ever heard on this forum.

15. baconbits Retired Staff

Well Dmby, its good to see you back. Anyways what I dropped in to say was that obstruction of justice is only applicable if you somehow tried to resist an investigation. There was no investigation hence there can be no obstruction of justice.

Well its not dumb. We did a lot of good with the Iraq war and there are many benefical effects.

16. Tsukiyomi

Best president in a long time? In what way?

In terms of civil rights, deficit spending and the environment he is IMHO the worst president we've had a quite a long time.

17. explicitkarma

I seriously doubt a football field long bunker of WMD's would slip under the radar of the media. Perhaps a football field long bunker of regular weapons and amunition was found? Who knows, the media is screwy. But, could you please present where you found that information out?

Well then, post the evidence.

18. sadated_peon

19. Takagou

Yes, I believe he should bge impeached. He should not have started this war, and is QUOTED saying, at the end of 00-beggining of 01, that he wanted to FIND a way to go to war with these people. Hence why we attacked a country haveing next to nothing to due with the bombng on 9/11. granted, the war has helped free a country we HELPED inslave years ago, but there were plenty of other countries needing just as much, if not MORE help, and we didnt do anything about them. This is because there isnt an oil abundance in these countries. So yes, He should be impeached. ..Dont kill me Giro >_>!

20. itachi_kage

there's no proof that he lied though. i understand that it appears he lied, because we haven't found anything, but their excuse is that he was given bad information. it'd be almost impossible. now if someone later down the road, say the v.p. or one of his advisors comes out and says that bush told him that he was going to lie about false information about WMD in iraq for an excuse to go to war, then i'd say he'd actually go to jail. but as it stands now...no way.

21. Last of the Uchihas

That should tell you how biased and how controlled the goverment under him is and how well he controlled media.

I would impeach that motherfucker, Hell, i exiled him to Iraq.

Is he wanted to fight terrorism he should have invaded North Korea, since they did say they had nuclear weapon, but because Bush had a vendetta against Saddam for what he did to his father, and he wanted oil.

He has once again ruin the reputation of the americans so much, that they made a poll who was worst hitles ot Bush, and Bush won.

That should tell you something.

and now Blair is fucked because he got his country bombarded the other day because of his adventure with Bush in Iraq.

The biggest terrorist is Bush, and when World War 3 begin, lets thanks Bush for it.

22. I'm suprised Bush even won the 2nd election. Hasn't Michael Moore told us anything at all? I mean even if he was making the film for his own gain, it's not like he didnt portrayed the truth about Bush.

23. Takuza

Bah, everything you well ever c about politics is baised in some way or fasion. thats y I stay in the middle. anyway.....as it stands, he should not be impeached. he has not been proven to have broken the law. and so, legally, has done nothing wrong.

24. cool2not

Michael Moore's film wasn't entirely truthful, in fact most of it was completely fabricated, however it's main theme still holds true. The president's duty is to put our young men and women in harms way only when it is absolutely necessary, Bush abused his power as commander and chief when he disregarded his duty to protect our young service men/women. Iraq never was a threat to the United States and never had weapons of mass destruction like what his intelligence stated. Now is lying and starting a meaningless war a impeachable offense? No, but it certainly isn't a commendable action.

25. Takuza

Bravoo, rep for you.

26. I ARE 1031

Do you know what propaganda is? If everything is just one sided then it has no point anyways, he could have a formal debate with Bush and that would make sense and might change people's minds.

27. Bush is still bad president. What has he done since he's been elected? When Clinton left office, there was a surplus and when Bush took over, it went negative. The economy went down, Gas prices are roaring like crazy, I mean, really. What has he done besides attack a defenseless country? I would think Osama Bin Laden would be a target after the WTCB, but we ended up with Saddam Hussein instead. He really is not worthy to be President.

28. dmby

you can't possibly stay in the middle, which is the trouble with a two party system.

now, i hear alot that there isn't enough proof that bush should be impeached. well, shouldn't there at least be an investigation? i mean, with something this big, we need to investigate any claims, and bush certainly does have evidence against him. im sure everybody is dying to know the truth.

29. Takuza

care to explain y I can't stay in the middle??

30. dmby

There is no such thing as middle.