• Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.

• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Should there be a Next Gen sequel of FMAB?

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!
I'd rather watch the characters when their older, and have their dumb kids just there as a bonus. Like Dragonball Z. All the popular shonens copying the shit out of it, and this is the one thing they rarely ever copy it in.

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
No. Arakawa hasn't run out of ideas yet. And she's drawing a nice adaptation of Arslan right now.
And FMA tied up all its lose ends quite neatly. Arakawa didn't leave room for a next gen like Naruto and Dragon Ball did.

I might enjoy more short spinoffs though. Izumi's backstory movie was really a lot cuter than I was expecting.

~Avant~

Eveningstar
What would it even be about honestly? Maybe one of the bordering nations or Xing?

I can’t remember, but did Amestris lose its alchemy after Father was defeated? I know Edward did, but i actually can’t remember the mechanics behind alchemy at all, i vaguely recall it being tied to father and that was why he was able to Negate it somehow.

Divine Vasto

Honestly no. What make sense FMA amazing is that it knows when to end and isn't dragging itself for cash. Plus, it has no loose end she and the ending is one of the best in anime.

I swear if there's ever a two piece ...:angry
They are not stupid.

OP is not Naruto, If Oda is alive the IP will not be affected.

See Drabon Ball they never affected the original manga, they do not have the balls.

Sure DBS is more of the same but it doesn't affect the original plot at all nor does GT.

Burrito is all type of stupid. it goes and practically first it was about ninja, it was about a Ninja god, in fact it was about the mother of that ninja god, in fact it was her race, in fact ...

You don't fuck with something that sold 400M volumes in Japan, it is approaching 4x of your entire current population.

Sure the manga will end, but the lore of this manga can make so many short spin offs that those alone can sell 100M volumes.
You just need Oda to make the general plot and put a new younger or just a god of ilustration to draw a spin off for Garp, Roger, Ray, BM, Kaido, Akainu, Joy boy, The golden age of pirates etc.

Delta Shell

They are not stupid.

OP is not Naruto, If Oda is alive the IP will not be affected.

See Drabon Ball they never affected the original manga, they do not have the balls.

Sure DBS is more of the same but it doesn't affect the original plot at all nor does GT.

Burrito is all type of stupid. it goes and practically first it was abou ninja, if cat it was about a Ninja god, in fact it was about the mother of that ninja god, in fact it was her race, in fact ...

You don't fuck with something that sold 400M volumes in Japan, it is approaching 4x of your entire population.
I hope so, I genuinely do. If they make some Bore-you-too/GT bullshit i'll be saddened deeply.

I'll always have the original manga though. My major fear is that Oda is pressured into not ending OP on his own terms. Like you say he's got enough clout to hopefully avoid that.

Don't want no Kaguya BS

I'll always have the original manga though. My major fear is that Oda is pressured into not ending OP on his own terms. Like you say he's got enough clout to hopefully avoid that.
Oda said he has the ending from day one. And in fact if he does it in an epic way, I can see Luffy dead at the end in the Prologue.

So no Luke shit stuff and not Naruto bad father crap.

Again Shuesha is not stupid to mess with something this big, Oda is not Kubo. They will never have another dominant king as OP and the paradigm is changing to online so the chances of a manga coming to do what OP did are the same as someone doing what DB did aka 0.

Last edited:

Delta Shell

Oda said he has the ending from day one. And in fact if he does it in an epic way, I can see Luffy dead at the end in the Prologue.

So not Luke shit stuff and not Naruto bad father crap.

Again Shuesha is not stupid to mess with something this big, Oda is not Kubo. They will never have another dominant king as OP and the paradigma is changing to online so the chances of a manga coming to do what OP did are the same as someone doing what DB did aka 0.
True true true

Canute87

Nuke Imminent
All good things must come to an end.

so no. the series ended on a high with no unresolved questions. let it rest within the pyramids of great anime

Catamount

Uncaged
I would rather re-watch and re-read all FMA versions than experience the fall from grace the sequel would bring. Just no.
People should stop that vampirism over the old successful stuff, they are just destroying the legacy by senseless novels, irrelevant generation gaps, alternative universes, and all that.
FMA is too good to be treated like that. No matter how much time passes, it is still in demand as it is.

Top Bottom