1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Should young girls dress somewhat more appropriately?

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by TheMexicanKingVII, Aug 16, 2005.

1. TheMexicanKingVII Shadow Supervisor

Well today I was recently out eating lunch when I was sitting down with some friends when we seen this girl walk in. She looked fine she seemed to look 16 but when she turned around she must of been not but 11. This causes a problem, I don't see my self as a person who would be turned on by children. Yet it did happen and the main reason it did happen was.

A. She was wearing a skirt
    B. A shirt top
    C. She was all in other words whored up.

Now I say this and I know I'm not the only one running into this problem, I think these girls need to dress up a little bit to their age. I am all for expressing who you are but at 11 you don't need extremely short skirts or to look like a whore. Do you feel these young girls need to stop rushing to be an adult and dress more of their age or should they continue on. I think when this happens it's a pretty bad feeling.

Brrrrrr

Tags:
  2. Solemn_Thinker I wish Carla was my wife

I agree with you. I have a little sister myself and I'm finding myself reprimanding her choices in clothing more often. I know she has a good head on her shoulders, but the fact of the matter is that she's still young (13 to be exact) and she doesn't need to send the wrong message to the wrong people. And sometimes it's not just the clothing. Kids are growing faster physically than our generation did, and how people treat them as a result of these developments are messing with their attitudes. It's more than just dressing appropriately; it's also acting responsibly and sensibly.

BTW TMKVII, you were pretty vague in your description of what the girl was wearing. I see nothing wrong with a skirt and a shirt top, unless it was a miniskirt and the shirt top was open to show off cleavage.

3. illusion Senior Member.

I agree, I'm driving around and seeing how some of these young girls are dressing nowadays and I'm asking myself........where are your fathers??:S Cause I can garauntee you that my daughter won't be dressing like that!!:sad

4. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I also agree with you. Luckily my sisters are smart enough to cover themsevles up enough so that they aren't considered whores. They're pretty so I've had to screen a lot of calls and intimidate a lot of people. Hard work. Anyway it's going too far, and it's sad that the media practically encourages it with all these slut wear commercials and what not

5. crabman Jamin'

Lol, have you ever heard horror stories from ur buddies about how they almsot picked up middle-schoolers? THOSE ARE THE BEST STORIES EVER!!!! It always involves somebody's hopes and dreams being crushed to little bits and than being strewn a dirty carpet to be vacuumed up later by some janitor who doesn't even give a damn.

6. HyugaHinata Over 100 Episodes Fansubbed!

I don't think they were dressed inappropriately. Puritan 'morals' and oppression need to be left in the past, where they belong. It's not like they were exposing breasts or their pubic area, were they?

7. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

...they can dress how they please.. thier is freedom in this country!
    Approaite is relative in it's meaning and is irrelevant in this case.

ps... those who would um do evil to younger children will do evil none the less, they way thier dressed will not cause a typical male to become a monster.

ONE MORE thing DOUBLE STANDARD

you wouldn't critize some 11 yr old guy walking around without a top

8. batz Appropriately vague

Although your'e officially considered a teen at 13, the teen barrier is slowly moving towards 11 and 12 year olds' as well. If you can find children at such an age roaming around with cellphones, ipods and mp3 players, then you'll definately find them wearing such clothes as well. This age group has slowly started following teen icons that were once meant to be only for 16 year olds and above. Although its bad to dress in such a way since what you wear is what you are, from what I've experienced its quite the opposite, girls dressed in a somewhat daring fashion do come across as rather sweet and intelligent. But then again, they are doing this to fit in are'nt they? How can you see something as bad when you see your favorite singer and most of the girls in your class doing it? To be precise, the media is to blame.
    Its impossible to stop the media from reaching our 11 year olds, I think its possible to at least stop them from reaching the media by putting in restrictions...

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I see your point, but keep in mind of what the image they put out is. The skimpy dressing isn't about expressing freedom as much as the image of wanting sex (something they don't even know much about, but I could be wrong since I knew a lot about it when I was young). In other nations people may dress with little clothing due to climate, but it's not the same here.

It's due to the influence of other things that aren't really appropriate for little kids to be doing freedom or not. With freedom comes responsibility. No one can say that a little girl with a shirt that says "baby slut" "Luscious" or any other sexual message means someone who's thoughts were focused on wanting to express the fact that they have the freedom to dress whatever way they want.

Children are curious beings, when they see sex as the main objective from outside or even inside influences, then they want to see what it's like and they copy the methods that their older peers do.

I would not blame it on the media if it wasn't for the fact that now even kids cartoons show women in belly shirts, so I can't say that parents should stop kids from watching shows for older people, because even kids shows have it now in their shows and toys.

Freedom or no freedom, babies making babies or doing the act to make babies, or even trying to bait people into doing the act isn't right, and that's because they don't have the maturity nor the financial baking to support that lifestyle.

Also I don't like seing anyone with no shirts whatsoever. If at the beach then I guess I have to tolerate it since it's the beach, but I don't care much for it when I'm on the train bus or anywhere for that matter, but it's just another thing I have to deal with. We really have to find the thin line between expressing freedom maturely and being reckless.

10. Toby <b>Detective Dollars</b>

Well define appropriately and we will have one BIG debate.

To state the issue of source, you`d rather avoid being attracted to someone that young because it is immoral?

Everyone has their own idea of dressing appropriately, in this discussion I suppose it is suffice to say that covering up the sexappeal until you are mature enough seems a fine line for limitations. Yet how do you know you are mature etc. this is such a big issue, I feel that we are more likely discussing the kids acting like adults when they are actually far from the truth.

Some wish to grow up faster than others, this cannot be helped unless the kid can be taught to enjoy their environment and appreciate being young. Sometimes I wish I was a five year old doing sports with friends rather than maths lectures, age dreaming can get way out of hand. And this is especially the issue with kids, with broad imaginations and a lack of own mind resolve to evaluate their real needs it is easier to try and imitate someone who has themselves covered.

Thus it falls on grown-ups to stop being so slutty, I mean keep up the sexy parties and those arrangements for adults. But stop bringing it into broad daylight.
    I would go blind if I were to look at all the thirteen year old girls wearing small pants and thongs, it really is not appealing. Real beauty has been fashioned into what people do and say. But the truth is the personality, because when people DO wear a skirt thats too small and not their style because they wish to imitate something they arent they are denying their own true self and identity. I seriously believe it is possible to strangle your own self until you become completely dependant on acting as others. And when young kids grow into a society with these people bringing sex appeal and erotic attendance into media and publish it everywhere, where shall kids look to real idols? They cant see them because they are focusing on the bling, the bling gets too much attention, its sad.

11. Distant forgotten A.d.M.i.N of DFF - Mod of CSF

I agree little girls are dressing up like little sluts and you cant tell how old they are I wont let my sister out of the house dressed ne thing like it. any one looks at her even if she slips past me I'll beat the hell outa them shes just a kid It seems to me that children are growing up too fast now days (i think its the end of the world...)

12. Jackal Iscariot Ero-sennin

they dont know how to dress anymore...and with the extreme amount of make-up....oh God...... if I had a sister l would have freak out.....

13. Toiletnojutsu -

It's time for me to answer here.

HEll no!!

But ten year olds shouldn't be whorish, when you're 15 you can be that.

14. Jackal Iscariot Ero-sennin

Yeah! :hi5

Feels so good to be young ^^

15. DesertLily Panties! Glorious panties!

I don't think it's appropriate at all, as I can speak from experience. I dressed like a little whore when I was 12, 13 years old, not because I wanted sex or anything like that, but because I thought it was what boys wanted and that it would make them likely. Instead, I had guys a lot older than me trying to pick me up, and when I told guys that I wanted to stay a virgin, they didn't want to waste their time. At school, the kids made fun of me for being a slut, even though I wasn't doing anything. And the worst part is that I didn't understand for SUCH a long time, because of the crap I was watching on tv and the other girls I saw with boyfriends.

These girls' parents need to stop buying them slutty clothes, and not let them go out "looking like that".

16. CrazyMoronX Old Man

With all of the sexual predators already out there, I don't see why you would give them an extra reason to pick YOU out of the other girls they could go after by dressing in a suggestive way.

Common sense people.

As for an 11 year old dressing innapropriatly, I think the parents need to excercise a little thing called discipline.

17. kapsi Banned

Let's wait another 10-15 years and see.

18. Sayo The Hedgehog

and i despise little boys who drink alchohol and dress pimp wich happens way more, violent little suckers. . .

19. Distant forgotten A.d.M.i.N of DFF - Mod of CSF

so its not just little girls dressing inappropriate but boys drink and im sure they try to dress older for their ages to but it just doesnt get noticed as much.
    Edit: eh girls drink too trust me i know.

20. Smitty o.0

Yeah, all kids are just getting to a really bad place right now.. I've had 10 yr olds try to pick a freakin fight with me!

Independance is good and all..but we need to go back to the olden days where people actually respected their elders

21. Distant forgotten A.d.M.i.N of DFF - Mod of CSF

I know what you mean! i was playin basket ball with the guys and this herd of little 10 yr olds surrounded us and started cussin and kept tryin to pick a fight with us it was horrible! they just wouldnt go away im like my god dont there parents teach them ne thing! like not to talk to strangers and pic fights with people that are in there 20s! ( all my friends were in their 20's)

22. Sayo The Hedgehog

hah, they should visit NF, keeps them off the sreet and we could pick on them here :L

23. DesertLily Panties! Glorious panties!

Nah, they'd end up flaming at get banned, and then make some idiotic thread in the courtroom which would get posted for everyone to have a good laugh. And the kids would go back out on the streets to start bitching.

Orrrrr, they would make multiple accounts as well. And get IP banned.

Oh yeah, and the 10 year olds trying to get into the bathhouse, assuming that they have enough intelligence to even figure out that it exists. "omg i wnt pron n hnetai!!"

Yup, that's what would happen.

24. TheMexicanKingVII Shadow Supervisor

Well the definition is simple: Suitable for a certain occaisions or person or event. I could be wrong, someone can go read a dictionary for it.

Right now, I do understand the choice of dressing to be comfertable but there has to be a limit. We have a huge increase in child molesters and if this isn't saying come rape me, I don't know what is.

Basically, what is appropriate isn't dressing in shit like this. Understanding girls want to 'fit' in it's so god damn confusing now. Now men have to be on their toes even more because now the younger generation is dressing more and more like the older adults. This is the type of stuff you see when it's cold or hot in Arizona. Even though it's summmer there are better choiced clothing you can pick out, but when it's winter there isn't really a excuse.

25. DesertLily Panties! Glorious panties!

With that girl in the skirt, I have seen worse, but that thing is definitely too small. I hate that trashy look.

26. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

Well, I don't like how some young girls dress so inappropriate. Dressing in outfits that frankly women in general shouldn't wear (although...it's just my opinion...and just that) let alone 10 yr old girls. Ideally girls should be free to wear whatever they want, but sadly we live in a world where there are predators, molestors and rapists and while dressing in a approriate manner isn't a sure way of deterring them, it sure doesn't help... =/

Society is definetly being lax about how far kids can go in emulating adults. Is there a double standard..yeah most likely, but it's society's definition on what is attractive and desirable, so were regulated by those norms...:oh

27. Talvius Dream Inside You

I gotta agree but you know there isnt really an age to dress whored out....you just shouldnt period.

28. The Mist --Mizukage--

Well, she did or is going to play tennis. So, wearing that skirt is fine since you need to move in tennis.

To the topic: They should but it wont happen. The influence of whoring up is > the influence of not whoring up.

We will see some wild clothing styles and not in a good way for 6 to 15 year olds.

29. google123 Member

I know what you mean. I'm only 13 myself, (And, not being the type to dress with miniskirts and button less shirts, but the type to go around in guys t-shirts and baggy jeans) I'm among girls of my age alot and they do dress in uberly short skirts and shirts with v necks down to their waist. Stuff like that pisses me off. BTW Girls drink too. Go to any b-day party and you won't find pinata's and cheap disco balls, but a huge amount of drink and drugs ect.

30. Hatsune Miku Ievan Polkka

People should dress themselves the way they want. After all, the life is theirs and not yours. Isn't that rite?