1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Shouto is gonna be the number one hero in strength

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Linkmyboy72, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

I place All bets on Todoroki being stronger than Izuku are possible each and every day, that includes Bakugou as well. Deku will stil be the greatest hero in being the best ideal and centerpiece of the two though.

Tags:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Yak Well-Known Member

I don't think he will be the strongest, not at all. But between Bakugou and Midoriya he will be the one with the highest decree of versatility. He has to master and balance out two quirks instead of one and they are polar opposites to boot. He probably has the steepest and longest learning curve among all his class mates but once he masters both ice and fire he will be off the charts.

3. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I have difficulty seeing what any of them would do against Tungsten Rods from space, so I'd qualify that with strongest male hero.

4. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Don't delude yourself, he is basically Neji :cat

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Tenma The Inferno

I know it's hard to digest, but this is gonna happen. Eiji set up Shouto to take his place beyond his will and the main leads, which is surpassing All Might. Shouto is gonna be beyond Bakugou in being the rival now. Shouto has the most power hype so far and so far has more incentive to implement his own quirks into a new type of ultimate power thats basically elemental OfA.

Can't wait for Shouto's development!

7. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

the only reason he can compete with Bakugou and Deku is that he got professional training since he was born while the other two were basically normal kids :cat

8. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

He may have the strongest quirk and the potential is certainly there, but I don't see him having more skills or drive than Bakugou.

9. Sablés Well-Known Member

I don't see Shoto ever gaining on OFA since that's a quirk stocked through generations, and it's abundantly clear All Might >>> All others. But what makes Shoto op isn't versatility, it's stamina. All quirks have their ceiling where they give out due to exhaustion, but Shoto's powers cover the other's weaknesses. He could theoretically go on forever at full strength.

10. Plexa Well-Known Member

I mean he's already stronger than Deku and Bakugou, so it's not a stretch of the imagination.

I watched the anime up through to All For One's appearance, and then started reading the manga. Does the manga have Deku's pre-episode monologues about "this is how I became the greatest hero ever" or is that anime-only?

11. Divell King of Trolls

All Might trains Deku.
    Endevour trains Shoto.
    Best Jeanist trains Bakugou.

12. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Finally someone else sees this. Quirk wise shoto is pretty much perfection. Look at how good endeavor is with half of shoto's powerset and a nasty weakness. 2nd/3rd year shoto is going to be disgusting to behold.

13. Tayimus Number One

...you already started reading the manga.

But to answer your question, no. Beyond the very first chapter, there's no "This is how I became the GREATEST HERO!!" moments. However, there are times when the narration clearly changes from present Deku to Future Deku. Usually, this foreshadows something big happening.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  14. Roman Emperor

Yeah no. Shoto definitely has the potential that Endeavor never had, but I doubt Shoto can take his quirk's maximum output significantly past what Endeavor has shown. As someone mentioned, what makes Shoto dangerous is he can go on at max power for far longer because his ice quirk cancels out the weakness of his fire quirk (body temperature). However, Deku WILL be stronger than All Might and by a considerable margin. All Might was already stronger than Endeavor at max output, so it follows that Deku will become the strongest once he masters OFA.

15. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

At a stretch, it's possible Shōto might surpass All Might or reach a very similar level to him, but I doubt he'll be stronger than Deku.

16. shunsui1 Jacking in.

in the very beginning of the first episode and manga Deku said something along the lines of "this is the story of how I became the number 1 hero." Don't forget that

17. Skaddix Well-Known Member

well sure but Number 1 is not just based on strength although strength helps. So is it theoretically possible Todoroki could be stronger...I guess Todoroki should only have a max limit ie unlike Endeavor he can unleash his full power and immediatly cancel the imapct

18. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

That's not how you spell The Crawler

19. Turrin 玄武

My theory has always been that the ultimate form of the One For All Quirk, will be the user transferring it's power to many people at the same time, thus making it literally One For All. I think Deku will use this ability to overcome the FV, not through just his own power, but by giving the power of One For All to many people, and them combined defeating the FV. So with that in mind I could see Deku becoming the greatest hero by giving his power to the many, and defeating the FV saving the world, but individually not being stronger then Bakugou or Shoto, possibly even being weaker.

So Deku is the best Hero, and can accomplish more then those 2, but only through combining forces with other people and sharing his power. While in a 1v1 fight Bakugou &/or Shoto may be able to beat Deku, or at least give Deku a really good fight.

20. tupadre97 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree I been saying Todoroki would turn out to be the #1 hero when they grow up and deku and Bakugo will compete over the #2 spot.

21. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

Shouto's powers will end up being almost estoric if given how much Hori puts his power on Endeavor's level of strength as of now.

22. Tayimus Number One

23. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

24. sabre320 Well-Known Member

Really noone is surpassing prime deku by logic.....crippled toshinoti is significantly above endeavor...and prime all might was on another level.....deku will get a signifigantly stronger one for all then all might.....and will improve.....even reaching crippled all might would be an asspull for any normal students.

At best bakugou and todoroki will match or surpass allmight and thats if the authorjust wants them too ignoring logic but izuku will be on another level....its just how it is one for all is far too strong.....thats why im sad because bakugou will work the hardest to reach no 1 but the gift given to deku is far too strong.

25. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

Prime Gran Torino was a match for the previous OFA user and trained All Might by sparring with him at 100% power, he was so strong that All Might was left with a life long fear of the man. It is absolutely proven possible to reach Prime All Might levels, it would not be an asspull for Bakugo to get that strong. :notrust

Never mind that Todoroki at 15 is already doing crazy shit like harming the Noumu All Might struggled with, overwhelming 100% Deku and even Endeavor is aware that his potential utterly shits on his own. Hell that was the reason Endeavor had him in the first place, so Shouto could surpass All Might.

Deku may be stronger by EOS but he's not going to be shitting on either Bakugo or Todoroki.

26. Tayimus Number One

While I agree with this, it's not confirmed.

A young, fifteen-year-old All Might, whose power output wouldn't be much different from Nana's, and obviously wouldn't have the skills that Nana had.

Indeed. It's hard to fight off the psychological effects of a traumatic experience that happened as an adolescent. I highly doubt All Might ever sought an actual fight with Torino after he became of age, due also in part to immense respect for the man and his aging body. As such, we have no way of proving that Prime Torino would be a match against Prime, adult All Might.

No.

I personally believe that Deku won't be able to beat Bakugou because of his own psychological hang-ups (until maybe the very end). Yet, Deku would be beating characters that are obviously more powerful than Bakugou.

See, this is why context matters. That Noumu was specifically developed to counter All Might's strengths. It's not so much a feat that Todoroki could "harm" it compared with All Might. The thing wasn't made to counter him. Furthermore, Todoroki--if I remember correctly--caught the Noumu off-guard. What would happen if it was just Todoroki against the Noumu?

Again, context. Todoroki "overwhelmed" one shot from Deku's already mangled arm. Let's not kid ourselves in thinking that that specific attack had the same damage potential as what Deku could do if his arm wasn't busted. Let's also keep in mind that Todoroki braced himself against his ice, preventing him from being blasted out of the ring. Deku, having jumped in the air, had no such support, and got the full blowback of both his and Todoroki's attacks. It's not so much that Todoroki overwhelmed Deku as Todoroki simply fighting smarter once he didn't have his anger blinding him. Also, let's see Todoroki fight actual "100% Deku" with Eri spam-healing him...

Endeavor's "potential" is not even remotely equivalent to All Might's. Saying that Todoroki basically shits on his father has no bearing on whether he'll become as powerful as Prime All Might, let alone surpass him. I personally believe he will, but there's nothing that's been shown (not said) that would support this.

Ok.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  27. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

Shouto will be stronger than Bakugou thought, it's in his blood. Genetics > Being a Hardworker after all as Naruto explained it.

28. Phantom Thief Well-Known Member

Can definitely see Shoto and Kacchan surpassing USJ Might, but Prime, nah lol.

29. sabre320 Well-Known Member

Depends we dont know bakugous limits aswell....grantorino didnt have any dual type quirk yet he was up in the legendary tier.....honestly it wouldnt matter what quirks they have or genes etc....plot will matter...deku will come out on top but the author could make either bakugou or todo no 2 or 3 or equal its all up in the air..

30. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Honestly the problem for Bakugo is his power doesn't help with versatility and has serious issues operating indoors with a team.